• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Glass Blown Open - April 28-30th - Emporia, KS

Not to bohoo anyone but so glad someone different won. So cool!!

It's an awesome thing. Paul will get his wins, but we need to see the Ricky's, Will's, and everyone else start getting some spotlight, too. Congrats to Cam for playing smooth, steady golf, and taking home the trophy.

Doss? Starting a brewery? He said he was stepping back, so not sure how many/if any events he'll be playing...probably Masters and Worlds at least?

nate and val will be on the road for the next 6 months playing. I do know they have some personal obligations this year but I'd expect them to be playing most of the big tournaments.

Feldberg has two bulging discs and is out for forseeable future, might need surgery, wants to be back by Worlds.
http://discgolf.ultiworld.com/livewire/feldberg-no-go-gbo/

Doss? Starting a brewery? He said he was stepping back, so not sure how many/if any events he'll be playing...probably Masters and Worlds at least?

Feldberg has that unorthodox throwing style he uses to spare his shoulder. I wonder if it put pressure on the rest of his body to compensate?

If Ricky chokes under pressure, Paul tends to underrate risky shots. The wind and conditions suited Cam's solid no nonsense play, and cost Paul, and to a lesser extent Ricky. They pushed their shots further out at times when Cam took straight up safer shots. Good game plan and course management.

Seriously???

Cam just outplayed Ricky, Eagle, and Paul. no one in at group "choked".

That wind, rain combo, didn't make this tournament look very fun. Made allot of what would have been good shots bad.

It's too bad, the gbo is one of the premier tournaments. I just watch the ccdg p-mcb round lol. Not fun

Seriously???

Cam just outplayed Ricky, Eagle, and Paul. no one in at group "choked".

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply what you took away. Paul, in his now semi-famous LA Times article implied that Ricky folds under pressure. I was referring to that notion. In the last year, Paul has lost three biggies that I recall, in all of them, he was pushing long shots and taking greater risks than he usually does, risks that rarely paid off for him. I'll stand by my comment which included the observation that Cam played a more solid strategy consistent with what you've written.

p.s. on at least two long holes, Cam played solid up the middle shots that kept him on the course. Paul took longer shots that left him susceptable to the wind, and he was pushed out.

That wind, rain combo, didn't make this tournament look very fun. Made allot of what would have been good shots bad.

It's too bad, the gbo is one of the premier tournaments. I just watch the ccdg p-mcb round lol. Not fun

That and the mud made for a not as fun as it could have been 3 days, at least for me.

Smashboxx will see this post, and it's been repeated here many times. Wonder if they'll listen.

Eh... maybe we will... maybe we wont? I just watched it again, and I don't feel like we bum rushed the guy. He shook hands with 2 out of the 3 competitors, and then HE walked over to Terry. When Paul came up, Terry began to back away then came back in. Oh well. All in all, a decent week of broadcasting. When THIS is the biggest complaint, I feel OK.

Latest posts