• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Glass Blown Open - April 28-30th - Emporia, KS

TheArnoldPalmer

Eagle Member
This will be my first time attending... Who else is going this year???
Any tips and or suggestions are more than welcome!
if anyone wants to trade some good beers down there, shoot me a message! :thmbup:

Also, Is anyone playing Bowling Green (April 22-23-24) before GBO? Wanted to do both but with them being back to back. Don't think it's going to happen.

tg-2016_Dynamic_Discs_Glass_Blown_Open-1445277837-large.jpg

It'll be my first journey as well. A friend and I will be up there Wednesday for a practice round at Peter Pan (the C-Tier) in the afternoon.

I will be going. I went last year as well. Since my rating allows it I am stepping down to Am Masters this year. Played open masters last year and had a blast. Loved the courses and the experience. But my schedule changed and I am not playing very often any more. Besides I didn't play too well last year. Will miss playing the open courses this year as I think they are a better fit for my game. Took me a while to adjust to the drop in elevation and be prepared for wind.

I'm shooting for this in 2017, really wanted to get up there next year but my schedule isn't going to allow it. I'll be watching though.

All good things mentioned above!

Are people already booking their hotels?

*Also, kind of important for me... For Any Locals to MO/KS - Do you guys get 93 octane gasoline?*

I booked my hotel back when I registered. If you haven't, I recommend doing it now. Lots of rooms were already full.

When do they usually announce the player pack for this? I would hope they have it all locked down by now.

When do they usually announce the player pack for this? I would hope they have it all locked down by now.

It is never announced ahead of time. They are very tight lipped about it. When the first player shows up to get the pack is the earliest you can find out.

Went last year and had a blast. Player pack was awesome. This year, any day where there is wind speed more than 10mph I'm outside practicing. lol..

Went last year and had a blast. Player pack was awesome. This year, any day where there is wind speed more than 10mph I'm outside practicing. lol..

Pure speculation....I have no facts to back this up.....but I expect we will get one of the new bags in the player's pack.