• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Waco Annual Charity Open DGPT

I'm sure he'll be on a podcast interview or post something and we'll get more details. It could go either way, depending on how many holes he missed. Can't say I really blame him, but Hokom comes to mind, and so does the NextGen player from last year, who IIRC, missed 2 or 3 holes, was penalized, and ended up wining the event. It was pretty amazing.

But I definitely agree, and I don't think anyone will argue, that this event just wasn't meant to be for Simon.

I think what was working against Simon, regardless of how many holes he missed, was that it happened in the second round of a three round tournament in which he was already trailing by a few. I think even missing just one hole eliminated him from contention to win the thing. Starting at -2 with 35 holes in which to get to, what, -32 or so in order to win? Not impossible but certainly improbable.

The NextGen guy's comeback was damn impressive, but he also had loads of golf left in which to work himself back into contention. He was 13 throws out of first after that first round and chipped away over the next 5.5 rounds to get himself into the final 9 down just one. Making up 12 throws in 81 holes and 13 throws in 90 holes is a much more realistic task than trying to make up in the neighborhood of 30 throws in 35 holes.

How's the weather?
DGPT was on Facebook live for the final FPO holes, and the winds seemed to have started picking up a bit. Overcast and no rain so far. Ladies' finish was incredible!

Paige won by one stroke. She took a snowman on hole 5, but birdied hole 6 while Sarah's teeshot on 6 went OB.

Robert McCall is 7 down through 9 holes. Didn't expect that for some reason even though he's 994 rated.

Mcbeast Wet Putter

Anyone see Mcbeast putting with a wet putter? Dudes so good he doesn't even dry his discs off lol

Yeah, they're finished thru 18. It could've been way worse, two-inch hail was reported from a supercell storm that passed just south.

Last edited:
Pierce rips out Hokom's heart and stomps on it ... again

Hokom ripped her own heart out on that last hole, so sorry. Sad to see, but Paige didn't stomp on anything but her own snowman the precious hole...

One really nice moment: when Paige's long putt for eagle hit metal, Catrina was jumping up and down, hoping Paige was going to make it. Despite what you've heard about animosity between the two, that was a good of Catrina. :thmbup:

I liked the BlackInkDiscs ad where it starts out looking like an online dating ad, but is really looking for that perfect disc. Had Catrina, Eagle, and Simon in the ad. Like Catrina needs help finding dates, but I digress... Good ad.

Latest posts