• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Ledgestone

Mcbeth with the 430' putter straight tailwind drive on hole 10 leaving jerm and nate flabbergasted =)

"Watch me sell 10,000 of these new Big Z Luna's."
- Paul Mcbeth, probably.

Maybe and doing it, in tournament, in the lead, when it actually could affect something takes a lot of fortitude....and then to execute it perfectly. Either because he truly believed that was the correct disc for that shot, in those conditions at that time or because he has the skill to do it simply just because and/or with a savy consequence of fiscal gain makes no difference to the awesomeness =)

Here is the official announcement from the FB event page...

Urgent: Ledgestone Update - SUNDAY

Due to the severity of the impending weather on Sunday, June 23rd the event schedule and subsequent details have been adjusted. After consulting with the PDGA and exhausting numerous alternatives the following changes have been made.

- Every competitor of the event will have an adjusted starting time.
- Before the start of your round check in at tournament central at your respective course.
- If you choose not to play, please immediately e-mail tournament director, Nate Heinold ([email protected]).
- All competitors will still play their originally scheduled course.
- (Pool A) Starting tee times for Eureka will begin at 7AM.
- (Pools B / C) Starting tee times for Sunset will begin at 7AM.
- (Pool D) McNaughton shotgun starts will be at 7 and 10:30AM
- (Pool E) Northwood competitors will play the Ledgestone MA2 layout (approx. 10 shorter tees). Shotgun starts will be at 7 and 11AM.
- (Pool F) Westwood competitors will play a 14-hole round, skipping holes 3 and 4 along with 13 and 14. Shotgun starts will be at 7AM, 10AM and 1PM.
- (Pool G) Bradley Park competitors will start at 7 and 10:15AM.
- PDGA.com will display correct starting times.
- As previously scheduled, all payouts and raffle will take place at Eureka Park.

PLEASE share this status and tag anyone affected. Thank you for your understanding.

The live coverage yesterday, with hardly no spectators, lack luster commentary, etc, it just seemed overall to look so dated. Like we were going back in time 10 years or so. Hard to explain... but it was definitely not a video I would show any of my friends in support of the sport.

Show them the edited coverage when it is all done.

Wow, these teepads are 100% unacceptable and unsafe. How does the PDGA not step in and force big tournaments to have standard teepads. They do it for baskets so why not for teepads.

This is what we Finns have been saying for several of the big tournaments in the US for years now.... Tho I think it has slowly been getting better now

In Finland if you host a tournament, the tees better be in shape otherwise prepare for a brewhaha. Actually, if you intend to have a course worth anything you better have tees in shape, tourney or no tourney. Luckily it is nowadays almost by default that there are artificial turf tees, well laid out and built to last, on any new course outside of some pitch and putts perhaps.

Soon time for the classic Paige vs Cat and Paul vs Ricky battle . . When was the last time we had them all 1st and 2nd going in to the last round?

Hole 9, the bridge hole, is not a true island green I guess, but behaves much like one, with the Black Ink Discs OB wall most of the way around the perimeter of the island. The green has been moved this year due to flooding.
One would think that a player throwing a hyzer to the green would have to get their disc over the wall in order to be inbounds. But, video is showing players hitting the wall from the out of bounds side and still being called inbounds, because the OB line is a couple of inches beyond the wall. There does not seem to be a point in having the OB wall on that side of the green.

That shot on 14 was the luckiest shot i have ever seen. . so much nerve on the card now

SO over just 3 rounds Paige P beat the World champ Paige B by 26 throws. . .and last years Ledgestone winner by 22 !
Even Hokom is 20 back. . .Paige and Cat is on a totally different level

Paige hit the basket after the win. . no warning from Cat ;)

Last edited:
Wow, these teepads are 100% unacceptable and unsafe. How does the PDGA not step in and force big tournaments to have standard teepads. They do it for baskets so why not for teepads.
This is what we Finns have been saying for several of the big tournaments in the US for years now.... Tho I think it has slowly been getting better now

In Finland if you host a tournament, the tees better be in shape otherwise prepare for a brewhaha. Actually, if you intend to have a course worth anything you better have tees in shape, tourney or no tourney. Luckily it is nowadays almost by default that there are artificial turf tees, well laid out and built to last, on any new course outside of some pitch and putts perhaps.

I agree, PGA has for PGA tournament used Courses, a minimum size for the tee box and surrounding area for those waiting must be. So why not have a minimum standard PDGA? The standard could a include a separate standard for temporary courses that are true temporary courses like a one and done for PDGA tournaments and true semi-permanent courses. Ski courses would be under Semi-Permanent even if the baskets get put back in the same spot each year. This would be for places that host PDGA sanctioned events.

Last edited:

Latest posts