• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Ledgestone

If this is "Worlds warmup" it does not look so good for the current World champs. .

Barsby was 40 throws behing McBeth. . . and Paige B was 26 behind Paige P

BIG numbers is just 3 rounds
Barsby seems like a really nice guy and he's really popular so no one is really bringing it up, but he fell off a cliff this year. 65th in Las Vegas (NT); 13th at Waco (DGTP); 69th at Glass Blown (NT); 19th at San Francisco (DGPT); 75th at Ledgestone (DGPT). He's not looking like he's going to be a factor at World's regardless of the venue.

Of course he didn't seem like he was going to be a factor last year, either. So what do I know?

I vaguely remember him dealing with some kind of injury since Worlds but cant remember what or how bad it was.

Something seems strange about the way Eagle is talking about his shoulder "injury". Does anyone else sense this?

Barsby seems like a really nice guy and he's really popular so no one is really bringing it up, but he fell off a cliff this year. 65th in Las Vegas (NT); 13th at Waco (DGTP); 69th at Glass Blown (NT); 19th at San Francisco (DGPT); 75th at Ledgestone (DGPT). He's not looking like he's going to be a factor at World's regardless of the venue.

Of course he didn't seem like he was going to be a factor last year, either. So what do I know?

Barsby & Bejerkas as of the latest update, are at their highest rating....ever. So they are still playing decent golf, it's just the players above them are taking it to another level.

It was interesting to see some of the pros putting with drivers on Sunday. MJ was putting with his machete when the wind was really bad. I saw others putting with drivers as well, it's a good skill to have but I bet not many amateurs practice putting with drivers.

I would suggest that he may have peaked.
Or maybe for one glorious tournament he played way over his head, gave us somebody to root for, and managed to seal the deal and walk off with a World's title. I'm OK with that, it was a fun event to follow. If he never comes close to that again, you can't take it away from him.

Pls elaborate.

I haven't seen or heard any evidence that he has seen a medical professional or had an MRI on his shoulder. As far as I know the only people that he has consulted about his injury are his dad and Seth from disc golf strong. As one of the top professional athletes in his field, that just seems strange to me.

Or maybe for one glorious tournament he played way over his head, gave us somebody to root for, and managed to seal the deal and walk off with a World's title. I'm OK with that, it was a fun event to follow. If he never comes close to that again, you can't take it away from him.

He has always been hot and cold. He hates playing in wind/poor conditions and has had elbow issues. But when he is healthy and dialed in, he can compete with anybody.

Barsby & Bejerkas as of the latest update, are at their highest rating....ever. So they are still playing decent golf, it's just the players above them are taking it to another level.

Separating Barsby from Bjerkaas for a second... like Three-Putt said, Barsby had the tournament of his life right at the correct moment: 2018 Worlds. Sure he might compete at that level again, might win more tournaments. But that Worlds was more like Shaun Micheel or Ben Curtis winning ball golf majors.

Earlier this year, Paige Bjerkaas was playing like she belonged in the FPO Top 3. She was throwing strong and putting confidently and well. And I think (and hope) she can and will continue to do so. At the DLIO, Paige P finished 20-something ahead of EVERYONE except the Black Canary (Catrina), so I won't read too much into Paige B's relatively bad tournament...

I haven't seen or heard any evidence that he has seen a medical professional or had an MRI on his shoulder. As far as I know the only people that he has consulted about his injury are his dad and Seth from disc golf strong. As one of the top professional athletes in his field, that just seems strange to me.

He's a vegan, they have strange super powers!:p

Eat a hamburger stick boy, the protein will help!:D

Exact thing I thought when I watched the video with Cory. If I made my living throwing frisbees my first stop after I left the tournament would have been to see a medical professional to find out what the situation is.