• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 NT media coverage

VictorB

* Ace Member *
Gatekeeper signed for all chase card coverage, and we already know that Jomez us on all of the lead cards.

That leaves CCDG out of the loop. Will they be relegated to 3rd card, or FPO lead, or just regional events? BSF has been their big lead card tournament for a while.

What do you think about the PDGA and how they are doing NT coverage for next year?

Gatekeeper's camera work is alright. I think they need to work on their music selection and commentary teams in my opinion. Glad there are more options out there. I love Jomez & CCDG, but they can't be everywhere...

Gatekeeper signed for all chase card coverage, and we already know that Jomez us on all of the lead cards.

That leaves CCDG out of the loop. Will they be relegated to 3rd card, or FPO lead, or just regional events? BSF has been their big lead card tournament for a while.

What do you think about the PDGA and how they are doing NT coverage for next year?

From the PDGA:

Central Coast Disc Golf On Board for FPO Coverage in 2020

tumblr_mbgkmzzwqq1rq97bpo1_500.gif

Loving this move. I think CCDG and FPO can help each other out a lot. Not super stoked that TDGG didn't get a call about FPO though - Terry has done a lot to help cover that division. But hopefully Smashboxx gets all the live events next year, NT and DGPT. They do a great job.

Who else would get the live coverage?

Based on talk on Smashboxx a few weeks ago, the PDGA didn't exactly put these coverage opportunities out for open bid. Given that, I really hope they chose to hand CCDG (who does a great job, no slight on them intended) FPO coverage instead of Terry because they anticipate more NT events being covered live on Smashboxx. In the last couple years, GBO has been the only NT where live was done or even possible. With the addition of Music City and Texas States to the tour, maybe those are live capable and thus they (the PDGA) didn't want to have Terry double booked for those events.

I trust that the DGPT will continue to use Smashboxx as the backbone of its live coverage. And I also hope that they put their post-produced coverage out for bid. They should be getting paid for MPO1 coverage, which may allow them to pay for FPO1 and MPO2 (because they're not money makers whereas MPO1 is).

Gatekeeper's camera work is alright. I think they need to work on their music selection and commentary teams in my opinion. Glad there are more options out there. I love Jomez & CCDG, but they can't be everywhere...

amen

i would imagine that there are a bunch of pros that would jump at the chance to do commentary for an up and coming media channel. it's free exposure to the DG fanbase. whomever they could get would be better than sub-800 rated guys that really can't speak to the nuances of shot selection and execution, let alone knowing simple things like the difference between weak side and strong side putts when a lefty is putting. i drives me crazy every time Zach Melton or Nathan Queen or someone misses a putt left side and the comment is "weak side spit out for Melton".

i feel a little bad complaining about a free product on youtube. they guys are doing hard work and the video portion is good. but the whole package could be so much better.

Gatekeeper did some no-commentary videos late last year, for example at GMC. Just the sounds of nature, and the card's chatter. Frankly I enjoyed those a lot more, and would be completely fine with them using that approach all year.

Gatekeeper or GK Productions is even upping CCDG, they have more replay stuff on the post production card they follow as well as better sound of the play.

I'm not pointing any fingers, but if the ambient audio from the throw cam and the catch cam are at different levels, it's distracting. There's a one-pass button to normalize that in a lot of editing suites. Just sayin'. ;)

Loving this move. I think CCDG and FPO can help each other out.

I'm not really a fan of this. If I were CCDG, I would have opted for the chase card or even 3rd card before FPO.

I don't want to open the can or worms about women's golf, but I think covering only FPO will hurt their subscriber rate and views. It's a personal preference, but I won't watch the FPO coverage - it just isn't entertaining to me.

Hopefully CCDG still gets lead-card coverage for BSF & PO...

Loving this move. I think CCDG and FPO can help each other out a lot. Not super stoked that TDGG didn't get a call about FPO though - Terry has done a lot to help cover that division. But hopefully Smashboxx gets all the live events next year, NT and DGPT. They do a great job.

I can speak to this a little bit. A big goal of ours for the NT this year on the MPO1 and FPO1 side was consistency. With Terry having Smashboxx, that necessarily took him out of the mix for FPO1 coverage for the whole season. We hope to have live coverage at the GBO and MCO at least, but cell signal is always a hindrance at the others.

Latest posts