• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Majors locations announced

I know Cincinnati put in a bid for the Am Worlds and obviously didn't get it. A lot of disappointed folks around here.

I'm really curious what the determining factor was to pick Princeton, IN over Cincy.

So...are the pending Masters Worlds a Pro/Am event in 2021? Are the AM Masters still part of the 2020 AM Worlds?

I know Cincinnati put in a bid for the Am Worlds and obviously didn't get it. A lot of disappointed folks around here.

I'm really curious what the determining factor was to pick Princeton, IN over Cincy.

Lots of factors involved in a strong bid at this point many of which are unrelated to disc golf courses.

Lots of factors involved in a strong bid at this point many of which are unrelated to disc golf courses.

Obviously. I should have used the plural "factors", but either way I'd be curious to know what they were so we (Greater Cincy) could improve any future bids.

Yes, from past experience, the PDGA will provide constructive feedback if you want it. Keep trying, and remember, it's not necessarily that anything was bad with a particular bid. There were five bids for Am Worlds this year and they may all have been strong ones. It took us multiple tries for Am Worlds (which we hosted in 2016) and USWDGC (hosting in 2021) before we were selected.

It was interesting to see the number of bids for each event. Selinske only had three, but that was down from nine last year, so I wonder if some groups held out if they thought the number would be so high again. All of the others had four of five, which is a solid number that gives the PDGA choices. Nice to see a higher number for Pro Worlds, as that is one they've consistently struggled to attract many bids for in recent years.

Will Emporia be holding GBO alongside Worlds? I suspect the answer is yes. Wonder what courses they will use for Worlds.

I really hope country club is not the featured course again... what's the name of that private course around a lake with tough greens and the hole with a neon green backstop? That course seems more fun to watch.

Will Emporia be holding GBO alongside Worlds? I suspect the answer is yes. Wonder what courses they will use for Worlds.

Alongside as in at the same time? Not a chance in hell. Just like in 2016, GBO and Worlds will surely be two very separate events.

As for courses, my guess is Country Club and Jones Gold, with shorter tee placements on a number of holes for FPO.

From article: "The proposed courses are the Emporia Country Club and the newly-formed Jones Gold for the Open division, with the Open Women playing the Country Club and Peter Pan Park."

Since they've still been hosting GBO with all of the other majors they've hosted, and especially since Pro Worlds will be in September, I would imagine GBO is not in danger.

I really hope country club is not the featured course again... what's the name of that private course around a lake with tough greens and the hole with a neon green backstop? That course seems more fun to watch.

Eagle Disc Golf Course at Olpe Lake. I think it just reopened, it had a lot of flood damage over the summer. It would love to see the pros play out there again however only a handful of folks help maintain the course.

Alongside as in at the same time? Not a chance in hell. Just like in 2016, GBO and Worlds will surely be two very separate events.

As for courses, my guess is Country Club and Jones Gold, with shorter tee placements on a number of holes for FPO.

Sorry. Meant "in addition to."