• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 United States Women's Disc Golf Championships May 21-23

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/47519
http://www.uswdgc.com/
https://www.facebook.com/USWDGC/
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...s_Presented_by_Innova_Champion_Discs/register
https://udisclive.com/live/uswdgc2021

2021-uswdgc-volunteers-caddies-spectators-flymart-sponsors-dinner-1619310136-large.jpg

https://2020uswdgchomes.home.blog/2...-to-volunteer-and-how-to-register-your-caddy/
Caddies
Northern California is currently in Phase 2 (Red Tier) and most likely will be in Phase 3 (Orange Tier) by the time of the USWDGC tournament. According to the State of California, our local parks departments, and the PDGA COVID-19 Requirements & Best Practices for PDGA Major Events, we are allowing 1 caddie per player. Sign up is for Player Caddies only – Players must find their own caddies, there are no volunteer caddies. Subject to change due to COVID-19 impacts. Official phase designation for the event will be announced on the PDGA website no less than two weeks prior to the start of the event."

Volunteers
We are excited to bring you the USWDGC to Northern California. Once you register, we will give your information to the Course TD's. Auburn – Richard Poplin, Rocklin – R.J. Jerez, Orangevale – Colin McHenry. Be sure to include the extra information so we can provide you with more information.

Spectators
Welcome to the 2021 PDGA USWDGC. You are purchasing a spectator pass for $30 with access to all 3 courses for all 3 days and can add an additional $20 which includes a specialled limited run tournament disc. Each spectator will receive rules and a code of conduct for the event, you also agree to follow local Covid rules at the time of the tournament. We would like to make everyone aware that no dogs are allowed on either course at any time.

Flymart
Flymart will be held on Saturday, May 22 from 6-9 pm in Rocklin at the Johnson Springview Park. There will be options for 6ft tables for $50 or a 10×10 pop-up tent for $100. This will be held inside and outside. Details will be sent once registered.

"If you're not feelin' it, don't play" This is whining. Pro players making their living on the back of volunteers. Organize and own your own professional tour.

I hear you, but I think Paige has a point.

"We play three different courses at a PDGA Major championship," said Pierce. "A lot of us top athletes are coming straight from another tournament, where we need a rest day and a drive day, and time to learn the courses if we're going to play to the best of our abilities."

"My question to the PDGA is, 'Why do you keep doing this to the women's division?'" she continued. "The men play one course and they learn it and play it well. And the women, every year, we have to play multiple courses. And on top of that, the courses don't close down so when we're out here practicing, practice rounds take three, four, five hours because we're behind a bunch of locals. This is not professionally done and I'm calling you out. Get on your stuff, PDGA. Fix this."

She's just asking for the women's event to be similarly structured as the men's, which seems like a perfectly legit gripe IMO.

I hear you, but I think Paige has a point.

She's just asking for the women's event to be similarly structured as the men's, which seems like a perfectly legit gripe IMO.

I think you might be right, but I think that is on the women. I know a sternly worded tweet is how most think things get done, but it is their game. If they want better, different or more....step up and be part of the process. Rolling into town and taking a small army of volunteers to task for your perceived slight, seems gross to me.

well mpo doesnt mean "mens" so that option is still available

so why doesnt pp shut up and play that

I was in charge of the courses for USWDGC 2019 for the most part. We got similar whining over having them play 2 courses. if they want this event to be similar to USDGC they need a benefactor as Innova has been to USDGC. At this point it appears the Women's National Championship may become the event they want.

USWDGC also is used by the PDGA as something of a convention for women's disc golf. The people running the event are responsible for creating something which suits everyone from Paige all the way down through some players who have never played a PDGA event prior. No other Major is asked to cover a range of skills this diverse. For everyone but the top FPO players this is a drawing point and looking back on it that atmosphere is one of the things I remember most fondly from the event.

Women's disc golf has grown like gangbusters the last few years. A point I made in an opening speech at USWDGC 19 was that it is all part of a continuum of growth. Some of the top players have a decided lack of perspective on that. There is a lot of Veruca Salt going on with some of them.

That's the very first place my mind went when reading the article...USDGC is an Innova thing, not really a PDGA thing. They pretty much close down Winthrop all week and have the latitude to do whatever they want.

Comparing the two events is apples to oranges. It does seem unnecessary however to have FPO rotate between three courses. I would imagine the field is small enough that one course would work, let them play the premiere course and have the other divisions play the remaining ones. I would imagine the idea of using a different course each round comes from the local organizers as an attempt to showcase all three.

The comments about the courses being too easy...any locals able to comment? Are these pitch and putt courses or wide open hyzer courses?

Comparing the two events is apples to oranges.

Truer words were never written.

It does seem unnecessary however to have FPO rotate between three courses. I would imagine the field is small enough that one course would work, let them play the premiere course and have the other divisions play the remaining ones. I would imagine the idea of using a different course each round comes from the local organizers as an attempt to showcase all three.

There are many different factors going into these decisions. I was surprised to read they were using 3 courses for FPO but it may be that the municipalities involved had some input there. When you are getting heavy support from them their opinions also hold some sway.

Driving time from OTB to USWDGC this year is roughly 1 hour btw. It really doesn't seem like a huge demand on the players to drive an hour and practice 3 relatively short courses over 4 days time.

So whats the difference between the United States Women's Disc Golf Championship and the Throw Pink Women's Disc Golf Championship

I was in charge of the courses for USWDGC 2019 for the most part. We got similar whining over having them play 2 courses. if they want this event to be similar to USDGC they need a benefactor as Innova has been to USDGC. At this point it appears the Women's National Championship may become the event they want.

USWDGC also is used by the PDGA as something of a convention for women's disc golf. The people running the event are responsible for creating something which suits everyone from Paige all the way down through some players who have never played a PDGA event prior. No other Major is asked to cover a range of skills this diverse. For everyone but the top FPO players this is a drawing point and looking back on it that atmosphere is one of the things I remember most fondly from the event.

Women's disc golf has grown like gangbusters the last few years. A point I made in an opening speech at USWDGC 19 was that it is all part of a continuum of growth. Some of the top players have a decided lack of perspective on that. There is a lot of Veruca Salt going on with some of them.

Thanks for contributing a well informed perspective!

This USWDGC is technically more of a Major for all of the Am and Pro divisions other than FPO. FPO has the revived Throw Pink Womens FPO (de facto national) championship with qualifying events that runs in tandem with the USDGC. No need to host FPO at USWDGC or just reduce the level for FPO only to an A-tier where playing multiple courses or configurations in A-tiers is a common format.

This USWDGC is technically more of a Major for all of the Am and Pro divisions other than FPO. FPO has the revived Throw Pink Womens FPO (de facto national) championship with qualifying events that runs in tandem with the USDGC. No need to host FPO at USWDGC or just reduce the level for FPO only to an A-tier where playing multiple courses or configurations in A-tiers is a common format.

It is "technically" a Major for every division there. While I tend to agree that the event will get split up eventually I am not sure that time has arrived. I am also not sure that another "manufacturer owned" Major is in the best interests of the game in the long run.