• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Pro Worlds - Smuggler's Notch

Missy isn't letting up.
If not for Missy, this would be all but over and tomorrow would be little more than a victory lap.

I still think it's Tattar's tournament "to lose," but Gannon's poised to take advantage of every birdie Tattar doesn't card. Kristin's actually gonna have to fight for this, or Missy's gonna take it.

FWIW, the battle certainly makes it more compelling.

If not for Missy, this would be all but over and tomorrow would be little more than a victory lap.

I still think it's Tattar's tournament "to lose," but Gannon's poised to take advantage of every birdie Tattar doesn't card. Kristin's actually gonna have to fight for this, or Missy's gonna take it.

FWIW, the battle certainly makes it more compelling.
Absolutely. I turned Worlds on live for the first time halfway through this round because I couldn't stay away from the battle in FPO.

Wow Tattar. Shows just how tight 18 really plays. She ran that low line drive down the fairway and still skimmed to the very edge of the OB. And then Gannon reinforces that throwing over the right side OB with a bit more height and bouncing right over Tattar's disc into the OB left.

Breathing room that Tattar desperately needed.

Wow, what a difference a hole can make. This thing isn't over by a long shot, but it certainly puts a different twist on the final round.

Missy and Kristin have really distanced themselves from the field.

Sure looks like were going to have a new Champ in MPO. I think there's just too many people ahead of Paul and Ricky for them to have a good chance. Even if they shoot 10 down two days in a row, there are 14 players ahead of them. Hard to think that all of them of them are going to falter badly enough to get caught.

So... uh... is anyone gonna convince Salonen and Blomroos to put in a few 4000-6000 putt months in this winter?

With round 4 in progress...

Blomroos: 13 C1 2-putts, 1 C1 3-putt
Salonen: 12 C1 2-putts, 1 C1 3-putt

Its been repeated ad naus for the past couple of years, so I know this is broken-record territory. But it remains incredible that they just haven't found what it takes to become good putters.

Blomroos is the very best backhand thrower of the disc in FPO. There is no comparison. Shot shapes, variety, touch… she has it all right up to the green, where I might even beat her in a putting contest.

Blomroos is the very best backhand thrower of the disc in FPO. There is no comparison. Shot shapes, variety, touch… she has it all right up to the green, where I might even beat her in a putting contest.
And thats all she'll be until she putts. Just the best backhand thrower. It IS impressive. But it ain't winning Ms.

Hell it ain't winning anything stateside apparently - it looks like, if I'm counting right, she's up to 25 starts on this side of the pond, 0 wins.

If the lead cards could be any order going into tomorrow I'd want the top 2 to look like... In roughly the order by place I'd like to see them in... (with consideration for where they currently sit, so thinking also about what might be realistic at this point)

Barela
Robinson
Dickerson
Lizotte

Wysocki
McBeth
Buhr
Newsom

I wanna see Barela and Robinson trying to overcome the pressure to get a first Major. I wanna see Dickerson in a position to stalk the kids. I wanna see Simon playing on lead card final round at Worlds. I wanna see everyone on lead card looking up ahead at Ricky and McBeth doing their thing. I wanna see Gannon forcing Ricky and McBeth to feel the pressure from the youth. I wanna see Raven having a blast killing it with the big dogs.

If the lead cards could be any order going into tomorrow I'd want the top 2 to look like... In roughly the order by place I'd like to see them in... (with consideration for where they currently sit, so thinking also about what might be realistic at this point)

Barela
Robinson
Dickerson
Lizotte

Wysocki
McBeth
Buhr
Newsom

I wanna see Barela and Robinson trying to overcome the pressure to get a first Major. I wanna see Dickerson in a position to stalk the kids. I wanna see Simon playing on lead card final round at Worlds. I wanna see everyone on lead card looking up ahead at Ricky and McBeth doing their thing. I wanna see Gannon forcing Ricky and McBeth to feel the pressure from the youth. I wanna see Raven having a blast killing it with the big dogs.
Agree with you conceptually...

But wow, no respect for the current leader, Redalen, who's been damned impressive on tour this year... moreso than Newsome.

Would also like to see Calvin work his way onto the top two cards and have a realistic shot at his first win at Major.

Agree with you conceptually...

But wow, no respect for the current leader, Redalen, who's been damned impressive on tour this year... moreso than Newsome.

Would also like to see Calvin work his way onto the top two cards and have a realistic shot at his first win at Major.
Has nothing at all to do with respect. I just am more interested in the other youngsters that've been on the cusp a bit more to be positioned for the battle. My post wasn't meant to insinuate at all that Redalen isn't one of the favorites right now - he absolutely is, no two ways about it. Buuuuut.... I'll care more about Redalen in the future. I just plain don't care about watching him as much as the others at this early moment in his career.

The lack of Calvin on my post is the flip side of the same coin. I'm just tired of the will Calvin get a Major storyline at the moment, and others like the Barela one are more interesting to me now.

not to wish bad luck on anyone, but i think the last 2 rounds might just be pretty tough on the less experienced players at the top as of this morning. i am still hanging on to hope for Paul and Ricky to show off the course management and mental toughness that i know they have. i'd love to see both on the podium along with Dickerson. fingers crossed.

On FPO...things change quick. 2 stroke lead after 16, then boom! 3 stroke swing. Anything can happen tomorrow--but of course hard to imagine KT dropping 5 strokes in one round--finishing out with 2 birds was clutch.

MPO? Here we go. I didn't see anyone mention the roll away McBeth had on 10(?) the other day? I thought that disc was coming all the way back to the box.

I guess he's on the opposite end of World Champ love this year.

These courses are very scoreable, but they can take it away just as quick.

It keeps it interesting, but I'm not sure it's as much a skills test (for the best players in the world) as it is a pressure test.