• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 3 Mold and Plastic Combos

1. Eclipse Wave would get my money in a heartbeat, especially if it molded up just a tad more OS.

2. I wish Trilogy would make their "X" series plastic (Lucid-X, VIP-X, & Opto-X) more regularly. It's nice to be able to buy a slightly more OS and durable version of a disc that you've already grown to love. Make these normal production runs, people.

3. Speaking of Trilogy, they have some of the best baseline plastic (Classic/BT Hard) but reserve it for only putters. Instead, they use a different, terrible baseline plastic (Prime/Retro/Origio) for mids and drivers. Ugh. I'd buy a Classic Escape or Emac Truth, but the Prime versions feel terrible and have zero glide. Truly makes no sense why they push Prime over Classic as their baseline plastic for throwing discs. :wall:

Inspired by the New Innova Stuff thread, I decided to start this thread asking what mold and plastic combinations everyone would like to see produced instead of a flurry of new molds. Limited runs do not count for the purposes of this, so post the combinations that you would like to see in full production. Here are my 3.

Pro Teebird
Gummy Champ Pig
D-Line MD3

3 top Champion Valkeyie.

A Pro Shark again, New Pro is fine.

A Glide in ESP to feel like the Impact and grip such a small rim, then I would sell or give my Impact discs to somebody in a trade or for their birthday except my second ace race disc and the one that is broken in and use the Glide. The Glide looks like an Impact without the cross hatching that many did not like (why mold was stopped not many wanted the disc due to the cross hatching) but an Impact with a average sized bead instead of a mini bead.

Pro Eagle X, I'd buy a stack of them if they didn't come out with a monstrous dome.
Color Champ Eagle X.......but please not just 175g, some of us prefer mid 160g drivers.
Gold Line Tridents (any Trident's really).....why did these get put out of production?

XT gator for sticky approaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother would love that in XT or an R-Pro Gator for the same reason. Innova makes a Star for production runs why not G-Star for same disc? Innova made a Pro in the 2000's for the gator, a Pro that was more like a R-Pro and was the soft Pro that Innova had in the 2000's but by 2009 the disc was stopped in production, so Innova should make a Pro or R-Pro Gator.

My brother uses a super beat up 2000's DX Gator as his long approach putter. A Metal Flake Gator as his driving putter slot, long approach/short midrange disc, and when he is in woods shots where his regular beat DX gator could be messed up. He also has a 2010's DX Gator early flight numbers disc for if his old one falls apart but he is hoping it does not have to ever be used. DX Stud is his main putter with a back up he leaves at home. I got him the MF Gator and the 2 Stud for his putter though he needs to get used to the glide of his putters as they have more then the Gators he used to use for his putter.

Pro Teebird
Gummy Champ Pig
D-Line MD3
I would switch back to MD3s if they made them in D-Line. I've been throwing P-Line MD4s. I'm trying to cycle them. In general I like D-Line plastic more than P-Line. Mostly for the grip and cheap price. D-Line is great for cycling. I'd take a D-Line MD4 or MD3. A Gummy Champion Pig would be sweet. I just wish I could get a flat or puddle topped Pig in premium plastic. I bag a Bliz Champion Pig and it has some dome to it. I also bag a "Stiff" Pro Pig (from the factory store). Hopefully Ricky goes to Innova and replaces his Harps with Pigs. That way they'll give us some cool new Pigs like Star, Luster or Color Glow.
regular ol' DX BB Aviar. How is this not a thing already?!?!
They exist but aren't in regular production. I have a couple. I used to putt with KCs, I always wanted Innova to put DX BB Aviars into regular production.

My List
D-Line MD4
S-Line MD4
Color Glow Champion FD3 (same plastic feel as a Sexton Firebird)

Do Luster FDs exist?