• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

It sure is. And if I played on Rick's card I would make a HUGE deal about it if/when he threw a compass.

No clue what the ADGT cutoff date was, but the Compass was PDGA approved on December 9, 2015.

Culverin, Longbowman, Defender and Cutlass are 2016s. If he's bagging one of those, RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Yep. Andy, you're in that 5 percent that has dealt with them. ;)

Honestly, I'm surprised no one has jumped on this yet: Apparently the only threshold for moving up to ESPN2 is production quality, not number of views on the live stream. That is...interesting.

I've kept my mouth mostly shut about all of this, but the one thing I have said and will continue to say is they are intentionally misrepresenting their relationship with ESPN to us (being the general disc golf public).

All I'm going to say is, they approached ESPN, they weren't sought out, and they weren't the first contact with disc golf that ESPN has had.

They're holding those 4 letters over everybody because they know the fascination that comes with it.

I seriously need to calm down after reading that. Im so mad I am literally shaking.

3 years ago, when I started a thread about how they had counteracted my not even very megative review of the Antidote with multiple positive reviews from the same IP Address you all called me a paranoid idiot and told me I took reviews too seriously. It got landfilled even after the ****ing owner of Infinite ****ing Discs confirmed what I was saying. I seriously got verbally torn apart for it. Then when I decided ti give them a second chance, I got torn apart again.

So I get why they are how they are. The internet is a fickle place that loves to tear people down way more than trying to build them up. But to stand there and aggorantly lie and say that virtually none of their critics have even dealt with them is ****ing bull****. I have email AND text messaging proof that I and my club tried to deal with them privately, out of the public eye. Yet they refused and then blocked MY ENTIRE ****ING CLUB because they sold us **** baskets.

**** these guys and **** the American Disc Golf Tour. They are crooks and con artists and deserve to be forever banned from disc golf.

So, tell us how you really feel.

I don't think that is all that likely. I think it has been mention somewhere in this thread, but "hole in one insurance" as it is called, isn't all that expensive. If someone does manage to hit a ace on that hole it won't actually cost the ADGT the full cost of the jeep.

This is true. A local company around here had a promotion that if a particular baseball player hit a grand slam in a particular month they'd give everyone who bought stuff from them in the last so many months their money back. Then said player hits a grand slam. They interviewed the company owner, and he was ecstatic that they had done the give away. He had insurance on the promotion, so it didn't cost him anything to refund all the people with the purchases, and he got a ton of promotion from it. They still do promotions like that, because it's actually good for business. If ADGT has insurance on the jeep promotion then it would be great for them to actually get an ace as it would bring a ton of publicity to them.

I've kept my mouth mostly shut about all of this, but the one thing I have said and will continue to say is they are intentionally misrepresenting their relationship with ESPN to us (being the general disc golf public).

All I'm going to say is, they approached ESPN, they weren't sought out, and they weren't the first contact with disc golf that ESPN has had.

They're holding those 4 letters over everybody because they know the fascination that comes with it.

No doubt. It's the only reason we covered this event in the first place, but also why we very clearly made sure to put the 3 there and included the quotes from Graham about it being a paid portal.

And I don't really believe them that there is no viewership threshold in order to be bumped up. Without seeing the contract it's hard to verify though.

No doubt. It's the only reason we covered this event in the first place, but also why we very clearly made sure to put the 3 there and included the quotes from Graham about it being a paid portal.

And I don't really believe them that there is no viewership threshold in order to be bumped up. Without seeing the contract it's hard to verify though.

I remember them indicating they needed 25,000 views per ESPN, but don't recall if that was for future broadcast rights or exactly what.

I couldn't help but think of Trump reading the quotes from the ADGT.

"We're going to be doing a couple things that have never been done on live broadcasts on any sport anywhere," Boucher said. "It's never been done. I'm not saying [what they are], you're going to have to watch. That's the teaser. The way we are going to pull this off – there's a couple things being done, we've spoken to ESPN, it has never been done before. They're excited to see if we pull it off. We're excited about it, and we are hoping it comes off as good as it is in our head."

Haha, I'm not telling you my plan, but it's a great great plan! I think as plans go it's one of the best.

Hoping Ricky wins so he gets the camera time and interviews like I said before. Better for the sport that he IS playing.

Would be kind of a downer if this was the only thing he won this year... Bigger respect for Ricky now that he's left prodigy, go get 'em

"We're going to be doing a couple things that have never been done on live broadcasts on any sport anywhere," Boucher said. "It's never been done. I'm not saying [what they are], you're going to have to watch. That's the teaser. The way we are going to pull this off – there's a couple things being done, we've spoken to ESPN, it has never been done before. They're excited to see if we pull it off. We're excited about it, and we are hoping it comes off as good as it is in our head."

Haha, I'm not telling you my plan, but it's a great great plan! I think as plans go it's one of the best.

This is funny. I need an ESPN login, I don't have cable... Hopefully someone on here figures a way to get this streamed to the cable cutters

You, sir, just won the Internet.

This is funny. I need an ESPN login, I don't have cable... Hopefully someone on here figures a way to get this streamed to the cable cutters

I could probably stream it via twitch but the sun is actually supposed to poke through the clouds on Sunday and I can probably come up with at least 20 other things I would rather spend my time doing rather than watching this nonsense.

Not to mention, I like ESPN3 and don't want to risk losing access for violating their terms of service.

For what it's worth you can watch espn3 for free with no login. You only need login info to watch whats on espn and espn2.

For what it's worth you can watch espn3 for free with no login. You only need login info to watch whats on espn and espn2.

This is not true. Any broadcast with a key icon next to it indicates that is restricted to only users with cable subscriptions that offer ESPN3. The American Open has that key icon.

Nearly everything is restricted in this way. My guess is that maybe some international broadcasts are not?