• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

This is not true. Any broadcast with a key icon next to it indicates that is restricted to only users with cable subscriptions that offer ESPN3. The American Open has that key icon.

Nearly everything is restricted in this way. My guess is that maybe some international broadcasts are not?

Just seconding this. I just took this screengrab of the listing for Sunday on ESPN3.

attachment.php

Attachments

• espn3adgtlisting.gif
    espn3adgtlisting.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 452
I posted this awhile back but for those who didn't see it you can watch ESPN3 for free for one week via Sling TV. Website is sling.com

They have a one week free trial -- it's an option if you really want to see this event.

When I look, there's no "key" in that space, in-between the time and name of the event. Any idea what that means? Thanks!

Try reloading the page or narrow the search so it starts a new page load. I noticed that too, sometimes the keys are there and sometimes they are not.

No doubt. It's the only reason we covered this event in the first place, but also why we very clearly made sure to put the 3 there and included the quotes from Graham about it being a paid portal.

And I don't really believe them that there is no viewership threshold in order to be bumped up. Without seeing the contract it's hard to verify though.

I could imagine a scenario where it's not a hard and fast number, but just a series of guidelines as to what they're looking for in order to trigger the re-broadcast chain of events, but I'm sure they have thresholds that must be met for any and all applicable metrics though.

Essentially the business/contract lingo version of "if we feel like it's worth it", lol.

I'm torn, I want to watch out of curiosity...but I really hate the way these guys are going about it. Their bull-in-the-china-shop style rubs me the wrong way.

Also I'm going to bet that their revolutionary "never been done before" bit is live drone footage.

I could imagine a scenario where it's not a hard and fast number, but just a series of guidelines as to what they're looking for in order to trigger the re-broadcast chain of events, but I'm sure they have thresholds that must be met for any and all applicable metrics though.

Essentially the business/contract lingo version of "if we feel like it's worth it", lol.

I'm torn, I want to watch out of curiosity...but I really hate the way these guys are going about it. Their bull-in-the-china-shop style rubs me the wrong way.

Also I'm going to bet that their revolutionary "never been done before" bit is live drone footage.

It already has been done. Remember the youtube video of the disc hitting the drone in mid air???

Wow I hope that happens to them. "ATTN players we will not have a payout this year due to Ricky Wysocki throwing a Sockibomb forehand. He knocked it out of the and hit the side of the jeep for a ace. Due to the interference of the drone we ruled its a score of 10 must be used on the hole."

It already has been done. Remember the youtube video of the disc hitting the drone in mid air???

Wow I hope that happens to them. "ATTN players we will not have a payout this year due to Ricky Wysocki throwing a Sockibomb forehand. He knocked it out of the and hit the side of the jeep for a ace. Due to the interference of the drone we ruled its a score of 10 must be used on the hole."

Hmm, actually no I don't remember - was it Viridisk?

Apparently Ricky is leading after round 1 (surprise surprise). Only know this because he posted it himself on his Facebook page. Nothing on the ADGT social media.

I count 50 players on that list. Either a whole lot of no shows from the registered list or the registered list was padded with names that had no intention of showing up. If it was in fact the latter, then why the hell did they proclaim the event was full? Did they think padding out the list would make the event seem more in demand and lead to people paying for the qualifier in the hopes of getting in?

And tee times today and tomorrow but a shotgun start on Sunday? Why?

I count 50 players on that list. Either a whole lot of no shows from the registered list or the registered list was padded with names that had no intention of showing up. If it was in fact the latter, then why the hell did they proclaim the event was full? Did they think padding out the list would make the event seem more in demand and lead to people paying for the qualifier in the hopes of getting in?

And tee times today and tomorrow but a shotgun start on Sunday? Why?

Shot gun start so they can hit the 1pm show time duh! sorry was channeling my inner failent

Latest posts