• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

This whole thing smacks of not trusting other people, their thoughts, and their ideas. It's a we know better, and we can do it while you can't kind of attitude. There are roads to disaster everywhere you might look, paved with that intention.

It didn't help that they alienated almost the entire local community, losing access to volunteers, experienced TDs (some with lots of experience using lots of OB, which apparently caused them some grief), people with technical and internet skills, etc.

The excuse for the length of time it took to post scores online was that it took time to take down the course and equipment, with minimal staffing. I busted out laughing at those last 3 words.

I could see how an Am might be deceived into thinking they have a shot at being on the broadcast

attachment.php

I understand why the smashboxx guy's "backed off" a little bit during the podcast. The undertones of the awkward silences said they wanted to go in deeper but hats off to them for refraining. I think Dana needs a show called "Dana-mite Unfiltered" where he can lay it all out there.

https://www.discstore.com/american-disc-golf-tour-liquid-vaccine

Only 25 of these gems were stamped. And ONLY 14 remain at discstore.com. I can't decide if the x-out quality stamp, or the ink bleed from the MADE IN CHINA stamp center flightplate is my favorite feature.

They've also got ADGT trucker hats, polos and other merch. Get your piece of DG history before its gone. If nothing, the event was memorable :p

Attachments

• img_9880.jpg
    img_9880.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 95
Which makes me wonder.....How do you think the onsite vendors did?

I hope the players bought a lot of stuff. I doubt the gallery did.

I could see how an Am might be deceived into thinking they have a shot at being on the broadcast

attachment.php

ORLY? I had no idea that you got free entry to the tournament as a squad member. No wonder they were able to get a decent number of Ams to show up. I totally missed the boat on this. No wonder they didn't have any am payout, I can't imagine they collected very many Am entry fees

ORLY? I had no idea that you got free entry to the tournament as a squad member. No wonder they were able to get a decent number of Ams to show up. I totally missed the boat on this. No wonder they didn't have any am payout, I can't imagine they collected very many Am entry fees

What they didn't tell you straight up is that "entry" was as a spectator - I do believe many folks took that bait and were upset that it didn't actually cover the $300 entry fee. I could see how that wording might be misleading... if not outright lying...

No,they meant free entry as a spectator, not a competitor.

Im dead serious on that, by the way. It was brought up on their Facebook at one point.

What they didn't tell you straight up is that "entry" was as a spectator - I do believe many folks took that bait and were upset that it didn't actually cover the $300 entry fee. I could see how that wording might be misleading... if not outright lying...

Ah gotcha. Dang they sure did come up with a lot of creative ways to mislead people.

It was only $150 for ams.

But yeah, very shady wording there.

You're wrong.

It's been that way since about 5 minutes after Charlie Goodpasture went public with his refund issues. But of course,as Doctor Chris Kilgus has pointed out several times online, clearly Salient is in the right because one time like 6 years ago Charlie was found to have some marijuana on him.

What is funny was weren't they working with Cam Todd for a while? Thought him and a bunch of pros were thrown out of a resort for toking up where a tourney was held? I'll take stoners over scam artists any day of the week. I can only equate giving money to Salient after that magazine debacle to the people who still send Jim Bakker money after being convicted of fraud.

attachment.php

I'm shocked they got any suckers with that "perk". I mean, what good is free entry (to play or spectate) to a tournament that happened a year ago? :p

As to the rumor about Brian Graham being at the event...my understanding was he was visible in the background of one of the "superstar" player profiles they aired, not that he was on site at Cobblestone. I doubt BG would bother driving up to Columbia and paying to spectate (I can't figure they'd comp his admittance) a decidedly anti-PDGA event that he's publicly stated he has no interest in supporting.

So Im guessing that Ricky was throwing the Compass out there and it is not an approved disc by the ADGT. What Now.

So Im guessing that Ricky was throwing the Compass out there and it is not an approved disc by the ADGT. What Now.

Nothing. At the last minute they declared all discs legal. By which I assume they meant, all PDGA-approved as well as ADGT-approved.

The Smashboxx guys did, and their take was really good. They pretty much hit everything that needed to be hit, by my measure, and they did their best to keep it to the broadcast.

One of the things the Smashboxx guys commented on was the learning curve. They admit to having to go through it too.

I have a staff, and I learned a long time ago that my staff knows everything I don't know. That brings me to one of my business mantras, "trust your people and empower them to do their jobs." This whole thing smacks of not trusting other people, their thoughts, and their ideas. It's a we know better, and we can do it while you can't kind of attitude. There are roads to disaster everywhere you might look, paved with that intention.
There's a term in education for this: "the illusion of knowing."

Was perusing their site and found this gem. Really kind of them to offer this substantial discount to TD's.

"Cost per players pack is $28 with free shipping. Each Tournament Director will receive $3 as a donation for taking the time to run each event. THANK YOU for your support."

http://salient-discs.com/sponsored-events/

Was perusing their site and found this gem. Really kind of them to offer this substantial discount to TD's.

"Cost per players pack is $28 with free shipping. Each Tournament Director will receive $3 as a donation for taking the time to run each event. THANK YOU for your support."

http://salient-discs.com/sponsored-events/

One of the few times that a Salient promise can be taken absolutely literally.

:popcorn:Who wants $10.00 towards the Salient team membership so we can see all the insider posts? Must post all screenshots. Wondering what if any real people are saying

Latest posts