• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

See below...

The Salient Tour.

Feels like the XFL, and likely destined for the same fate.

SLANDEROUS! LIBELOUS! INCESTUOUS! I WILL SEE YOU IN COURT, I SAY GOOD DAY SIR!

Lol

I wonder if they will be deleting all negative comments on the tour page too? I don't think you'll get a lot of touring pros if you don't allow complaining.

Maybe they can drive up to Charlotte and we can get them on Final Round Radio. Could be a good show and shed some light on things.

Many of you seem pretty negative. I am unfamiliar with Salient. What is their history?

I can't even....

I just....

I can't.....

But here's a great start.

The only 5* review on Amazon is from one of the owners of the company...the rest are 1* reviews by real people.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Maybe they can drive up to Charlotte and we can get them on Final Round Radio. Could be a good show and shed some light on things.

Please do this AND have them do a Q/A with DGCR lol

In the shop. It says "future" fundraiser disc for $9.

Then $25 for either "player raffle" or "vip raffle".

No descriptions. Your not sure if your buying a disc, pre paying for one or getting a ticket for a raffle

Their list of "qualified players", makes it look like they've got so many big names attending this....

But do they have a list of players who've actually payed in and are members/playing in the open?

I found this particularly odd.

If I was one of those players, I would demand that my name be taken off the list.

My buddy Mahmoud at ESPN is gonna go do some asking around. Let ya know when he gets back to me.

He's the guy responsible for all the DG clips making top 10.

I work for a newspaper, but I'm not press.

I will however contact ESPN Mediazone and see if I can get ahold of someone who can confirm or deny their involvement.

Many of you seem pretty negative. I am unfamiliar with Salient. What is their history?

I too am unfamiliar with Salient and don't know much of their history. However, it's hard to be optimistic or enthusiastic about a venture that comes out of nowhere, appears to be a bit anti-establishment (no ties to the PDGA), is promising things that are at the very least extremely unlikely (not to mention prohibitively expensive at this point in the game's history), and seemingly has no plans as to how to pull all this off. Oh, and the only thing that is crystal clear about the venture thus far is that they're looking for money from us, the general disc golf public. Memberships, entry into a mystery tournament, and a limited number of products for sale. And no promises to ship anything until the first of the year at the earliest.

At least the other new "tours", for all the flaws and shortcomings people want to find in them, are coming from known entities with a history behind them. Jussi, with the influence of the biggest company in the game behind him, announced the DGWT live and in person at the biggest event of the year, not via a twitter account with double digit followers and a website with more fluff that substance. Steve Dodge revealed his DGPT on a live podcast, has a 10+ year history of running extremely successful events that follow through on their promises, and the tour he's proposed consists of well established, well run events.

I think a healthy bit of skepticism, as well as a sense of humor, is warranted with this thing.

Ya agreed.

And there isnt really info about payouts. Pdga pro will expect 100 % payout.

There is no way that 50 % of member fees are going to cover the ESPN coverage. Especially with most fees being waived for the first year. Anybody know how much that goes for?

I spoke to someone at the USDGC who was wearing a shirt regarding this and he said it was a Salient endeavor.

The graphics work is pretty sketchy.
Pixelated images and rough photoshop work in several places.
The Fitbit logo looks like they took a low res fitbit logo and vectorized it poorly. I mean, Fitbit has a .eps of the fitbit logo in their online press kit.
Also, River Rat Brewery on the same tier of sponsorship beside of ESPN and Fitbit? And that logo is also squished and pixelated.
Gives off an unprofessional appearance when you don't have those sort of things taken care of.

Beginning in Jan 2016 any discs to be used in licensed American Disc Golf Tour events must be approved for play. Please submit 2 samples of each disc to 1110 First Street South, Suite B/#11, Columbia, SC 29209 c/o Tim Hogg with the $75 approval fee to be paid by calling 803-210-5293.

Latest posts