• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any course bagging trips cancelled because of COVID-19?

pmay5

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
As if we needed another COVID-19 thread ... but I think this is a little different, so here goes: Has anyone had to cancel a course bagging trip due to this virus? I had two that I can't make because other events were canceled:

Finally, after about 8 years of my brother, Dad and I trying to get tickets to the Masters, we finally got some for the Monday practice day. I planned on leaving the Saturday before (today actually) and playing 3 courses on the way to Columbia, then play golf with my brother on Sunday and squeeze in a course or two, Masters on Monday, then 4 or 5 courses on the way home on Tuesday. I even checked and saw that the Rock Hill schools were on spring break next week, so I could hit a couple of those small niners, right next to each other. Plan was to hit 8 or 9 new courses.

Then, the first week of May, my wife had a Conference to go to in Nashville, while she was in class in the mornings, I was going to get 7-8 courses bagged, my first ones in TN.

So, any trips you had planned, that are on hold, or canceled?

Spouse and I were headed to see the Nats vs. the Asterisks in baseball spring training. I had tickets to fly down early and spend a few days bagging from Tampa to Orlando to West Palm Beach.

The crown jewel of the trip was to be playing Gran Canyon on one of the practice days before Throw Down the Mountain. Pretty bummed about missing that.

Otherwise, every nice Spring weekend is a lost opportunity to bag more local courses. I particularly want to spend a day at Lake Marshall, but that isn't going to happen for a while.

We were planning a trip from Tacoma, WA to Salem, OR this summer. I was hoping to bag around Seattle, maybe sneak into BC and become an international disc golfer, and then hit Lucky Mud, Horning's Hideout, etc. on the way south.

But if missed bagging trips remain my worst problems I have limited grounds for complaint, you know?

From the where are you going in 2020 thread:
I'd been planning a long weekend to bag several of the top courses in Indiana, Easter weekend. That ain't happening. The Covids gonna cut in to course bagging. :(

Every year, my son and pick a Tiger road game to see a different ball park, and we always hit a few courses. This year it's Fenway, with Maple Hill, Pyramids, and 501 on tap...maybe some others.

This will be our 7th ballpark/DG roadie. Seen some great ball parks, and a lot of fun courses.

That Boston trip is supposed to be Labor Day weekend. Who knows what the situation will be or what Covid will end up doing to the baseball season?

Hell, I just hope we're looking at it in the rearview mirror by then. :|

I probably would have gone someplace Memorial Day weekend, as well. Can't imagine doing that now.

I had a concert next Friday postponed a month. I doubt it will even happen then. Was going to hit Yahara Hills in Madison if it was still in ( on a ball golf course) or Wilderness (one of the state's best) or both.

My other real course bagging isn't until June and July in North Dakota and Missouri. So we'll see I guess.

On the other side of the coin, at Stoney Hill we had one scheduled visitor cancel his travel plans, back in March.

Already had two trips affected.

Pittsburgh next week-end and Cincinnati the last weekend of April.

Both places the state parks cancelled my reservations.

I had a 12 day trip planned - To Bowling Green Ams, to Glass Blown, and back home, with whatever I could fit in between. It was a business trip (Flymarts) I didn't even plan on playing the tournaments, but course bagging most definitely would have occurred every day.

I had a 12 day trip planned - To Bowling Green Ams, to Glass Blown, and back home, with whatever I could fit in between. It was a business trip (Flymarts) I didn't even plan on playing the tournaments, but course bagging most definitely would have occurred every day.

Geez MD, with a 12 day trip thru those locations, you could have made a run at TVK!!

As if we needed another COVID-19 thread ... but I think this is a little different, so here goes: Has anyone had to cancel a course bagging trip due to this virus? I had two that I can't make because other events were canceled:

Finally, after about 8 years of my brother, Dad and I trying to get tickets to the Masters, we finally got some for the Monday practice day. I planned on leaving the Saturday before (today actually) and playing 3 courses on the way to Columbia, then play golf with my brother on Sunday and squeeze in a course or two, Masters on Monday, then 4 or 5 courses on the way home on Tuesday. I even checked and saw that the Rock Hill schools were on spring break next week, so I could hit a couple of those small niners, right next to each other. Plan was to hit 8 or 9 new courses.

Then, the first week of May, my wife had a Conference to go to in Nashville, while she was in class in the mornings, I was going to get 7-8 courses bagged, my first ones in TN.

oddly enough i was supposed to go to nashville in april too and now obviously cant go

was excited to play canes 7 oaks and cedar hill

oh well

Looks like I might get one of my trips back, the Masters is tentatively rescheduled for Nov 9-15!
Just spoke with my brother last night, they've already jacked up the hotel rates in Augusta, so he checked Columbia, and those are higher than normal! Turns out GA vs USC are in Columbia that weekend! :doh:

If I got laid off, my plan was to drive 5 hrs to Maple Hill or 4+ hrs to Lake Marshall, both are private courses that I've played before. Now both are closed and I'm still working, damn it.

My 85 4Runner gets about 19 mpg. My ex gave me her Hybrid Civic which gets about 45 mpg.

The Civic was going to be my "Course Hunter" vehicle, but the DMV has been closed and I can't get plates.

Always something.

From KC the posse and I were planning a trip the first week in May to either Highbridge Hills or Lansing Michigan but have postponed that date and hoping for the first week of June if possible.

From KC the posse and I were planning a trip the first week in May to either Highbridge Hills or Lansing Michigan but have postponed that date and hoping for the first week of June if possible.

Highbridge opened up last week I believe. You won't regret playing there if that's what you decide. We're headed up there next week. Can't wait.

Latest posts