• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley to TN/NC and back

Hills? In WV? Get outta here! :D

Turns out there's hills in Kentucky too 🤯

Played the longs at Armco blue. Did not fair too well, but it was a fun round regardless. Followed that up with the shorts at Armco white. Did much better that round. Actually shot under par. Really nice complex.

And as a bonus I thought I had a leaf or something in my shirt after one of my drives. Didn't think much of it. Walked up to Alyssa's drive and stopped. Felt that leaf again, so I decided I might as well dig it out of there. Lifted up my shirt to grab it out and it started running down my stomach. Wtf? It was a blue tailed skink. Not sure how it got in there but that was um... interesting. 😁

Turns out there's hills in Kentucky too 🤯

Played the longs at Armco blue. Did not fair too well, but it was a fun round regardless. Followed that up with the shorts at Armco white. Did much better that round. Actually shot under par. Really nice complex.

And as a bonus I thought I had a leaf or something in my shirt after one of my drives. Didn't think much of it. Walked up to Alyssa's drive and stopped. Felt that leaf again, so I decided I might as well dig it out of there. Lifted up my shirt to grab it out and it started running down my stomach. Wtf? It was a blue tailed skink. Not sure how it got in there but that was um... interesting. 😁

lolwut

wolfhaley,

It's been really fun to follow your trip and vicariously catch some of the excitement. What a great trip! Any trip that includes Sugaree, Harmon Hills, and Ashe County Park is a success all by itself, not to mention all of the other courses that you played.

After the dust settles, could you give us a ranked list of all the courses according to how you rated them?

wolfhaley,

It's been really fun to follow your trip and vicariously catch some of the excitement. What a great trip! Any trip that includes Sugaree, Harmon Hills, and Ashe County Park is a success all by itself, not to mention all of the other courses that you played.

After the dust settles, could you give us a ranked list of all the courses according to how you rated them?

I can do that. I don't have a sophisticated rating system like some of you guys though. So I'll rank them in order when I get home. Still got Caeser Ford and Echo Valley tomorrow.

Another successful day in the books. Started out by playing South Fork Park in Florence KY. What a nice little 9 that was. I'm glad we took the time to play it. One of the nicer 9's I've played in awhile.

After that played Osage Grove from the longs with nothinbuttree and his son. His son has a cannon of an arm. Put us to shame lol. It was a good time. That course has some THICK rough. You don't want to end up off the fairway there.

Me and Alyssa capped it off with a round from the shorts at Stonelick park. Really fun course that plays along the lake with some beautiful views. Wanted to bag one more 9 but thought better if it. Need to save some energy for tomorrow. Caeser Ford and Echo Valley with Hampy. Should be perfect weather for it.

did you scream like a little girl?

Last full day in the books. And it was a good one. Played Caeser Ford campground course (kind of, it's a little goofy but threw at some baskets). Then played the main course with Hamp, which was excellent.

After that played Echo Valley which I loved. Such a beautiful course and some damn fun golf. That's a great one two punch right there. Perfect weather too.

Then the long boring drive across IN. Made it to Joliet, but the weather looks sketchy tomorrow. Either bag a few here if it clears up in the morning, if not maybe find a couple in Rockford. WI is all tapped out on route.

wolfhaley,

Alright, you asked for it. I'll give it a shot. Favorite to least.

1. Sugaree
2. Harmon Hills
3. Echo Valley
4. Indian Rock
5. Winged Deer
6. Ft. Hamby
7. Panther Creek
8. Caeser Ford Champ.
9. Ashe County
10. Warrior's Path
11. Rotary Park
12. Glenwood Park
13. Armco- White
14. Stonelick State Park
15. Rolling Pines
16. Armco- Blue
17. Morristown Kiwanis
18. Sugar Hollow
19. Redeemer- Yellow
20. Osage Park
21. Emory & Henry
22. South Fork Park
23. Steele Creek
24. Shorewood Park
25. Roan Mountain
26. Winnebago Sports Park

I think I got them all. In order of how much I personally enjoyed each one. Might change tomorrow, but this is where I'm at right now.

Didn't include Ramcat on the list because it's super private. If I did it'd be top 5. Riverdog's the man.

Alright, you asked for it. I'll give it a shot. Favorite to least.

. . .

4. Indian Rock

. . .

I think I got them all. In order of how much I personally enjoyed each one. Might change tomorrow, but this is where I'm at right now.

This is very helpful. I hope to do a WV tour one of these days, and somehow I had missed Indian Rock.

Thanks! :thmbup:

This is very helpful. I hope to do a WV tour one of these days, and somehow I had missed Indian Rock.

Thanks! :thmbup:

West Virginia is my favorite state to play. I already want to go back and hit everything else by Charleston and Huntington. Indian Rock and Rotary is a fantastic combo. Redeemer was really cool too. There's a White (easiest) and Blue (hardest) layout there as well.

Latest posts