• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are bad attitudes ruining disc golf??

sensitive

So that we may stop wildly fanning the speculation bon-fire can the OP please specify who it is that is upsetting him/her so??

side-note: 20+ years playing & your are fed up now?? You've never seen this happen before? Or is it just these young punks nowadays?

I cited specific examples and named names. I don't see what's so difficult about the OP doing so, unless he didn't talk to the offenders face to face.

I think everyone including OP needs to quit whining.

If you don't like someone's attitude, either don't play with them or get over it.

Schultz probably wears headphones so he doesn't have to listen to people's attitudes or complaints...

*cough* *cough*

I think everyone just agreed with the op when the hammer dropped his knowledge bomb. You killed the thread in a good way!

I think everyone just agreed with the op when the hammer dropped his knowledge bomb. You killed the thread in a good way!

Thank you. In a way, that was my intent.

When I first read the thread, I had a feeling who it was before I even did my research. I felt bad that so many people were jumping the OP's back, without knowing the gravity of the situation. I've known of the perp in question for years, and I've seen his general jackassery first hand. Those links should make it clear that this isn't an isolated incident with him. It demonstrates a clear pattern on poor behavior. He is the type of guy that ruins a good time on a regular basis. Even people that I know to have thick skin, will actively avoid having to deal with him. The fact that he as been suspended, and on probation multiple times by the PDGA speaks volumes, IMO. Even more disappointing is the fact that he is a masters player. I would think by the time you reach masters age, some measure of maturity would set in.

I don't think jackassery has an age limit. How old is mtl? I jest.

Seriously though, if getting suspended multiple times doesn't fix it then it just isn't worth wasting breath over. You just can't fix stupid.

This is public forum intended for genuine disc golf discussion. And by that I mean there's no way anyone here understands your reference.

Wrong. I get it.

chess.jpg

I played a tournament with a guy who threw a tantrum and then absolutely fell apart. He was way better than me, so I rather enjoyed it. Pretty sure I threw in a dig or two while he was at it because I went from six strokes behind to two up in just a few holes. He finally settled down and beat me anyway, but man it was fun.

I don't see the point in having a bad attitude. I'm terrible. I know I'm terrible. I'm the guy who releases a drive early into a shrub that's 10' from the teepad and walks off the pad laughing and yelling YEAAAAAH. That's why people enjoy playing with me. I have fun. That's why we do this. If we do it for any other reason, then we should pick up a different hobby. Like barnraising.

It's somewhat like that guy we all work with. Loves to talk sh!t but cant take any back. It's too much fun to needle them once in a while just to watch them blow up. Not to be mean but some folks make their buttons far too easy to push.

...I have fun. That's why we do this. If we do it for any other reason, then we should pick up a different hobby. Like barnraising.

^^^^ THIS.

I prefer barnstorming though. I'm from Iowa and I've found it's less clean-up.

A good old fashioned barn raising can't be beat. I've seen crap talking escalate in a barn raising though. Everybody starts yelling about shoving wooden pegs where the sun don't shine.

You better be mentally prepared for some drunk redneck crap talking. It's way worse than disc golf. There is always that city boy that ends up yelling out orders but has never picked up a drill. It was good times when people helped neighbors out without expecting anything in return.

It was even better when people would get in fist fights over nothing and then laugh with that same guy later in the day.

To the OP...

The purpose of ALL businesses is to get your money. That's the point. There is no other reason for business.

Why do you let the actions of others effect the way you feel? I don't like tournaments at all, but it's because of the atmosphere of the tournament, not the stuck up people that play them... just kiddin'. The tournament "setup" is the annoying thing. Some people adapt to it better than others. I personally detest it. You may detest it too. The people that adapt to it aren't to blame.

Thank you. In a way, that was my intent.

When I first read the thread, I had a feeling who it was before I even did my research. I felt bad that so many people were jumping the OP's back, without knowing the gravity of the situation. I've known of the perp in question for years, and I've seen his general jackassery first hand. Those links should make it clear that this isn't an isolated incident with him. It demonstrates a clear pattern on poor behavior. He is the type of guy that ruins a good time on a regular basis. Even people that I know to have thick skin, will actively avoid having to deal with him. The fact that he as been suspended, and on probation multiple times by the PDGA speaks volumes, IMO. Even more disappointing is the fact that he is a masters player. I would think by the time you reach masters age, some measure of maturity would set in.

I feel more like im playing in the juniors division. No offense to any juniors.