• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are you a guide?

great thread. thanks! i haven't been on in a while and saw the "guiding' feature and had no clue what it was. i just signed up to be a guide at about 4 local courses. knowing the course will be my only advantage since i don't have a great long or short game:(

Yes! Glad to see this thread resurface.

For all you new(ish) users: BECOME A GUIDE FOR YOUR LOCAL COURSES!

You won't regret it.

am a guide at 7 courses, performed that function at 4 of them with tallpaul, russmb, notroman, and hognosesucker coming through town.

enjoyed every experience.

Last edited:
Guide at Creek Ridge. Yet to be hit up by anyone, but have guided several random people who found the course (via DGCR, where else?) while traveling on business.

ive guided 5 people now. always fun to get an out-of-towners perspective on courses i play regularly.:clap:

ive guided 5 people now. always fun to get an out-of-towners perspective on courses i play regularly.:clap:

Absolutely. I also usually pick up a trick or two, since the pool of people I play with regulary is fairly small and as experienced (or less so) as I am. Good to see what is possible, and to have something to work towards.

I haven't guided yet, but have used Donovan in the DFW area. He is cool and will take the time to show you whatever course you want to experience.

Just had an odd experience as a guide. Recently got a dgcr message from Gunkedup and a few weeks ago me, Allgunkedup and BCR123psu showed labelkills around the woods of Nockamixon...he had previously bashed the course in a review and I started a whiny thread about it....labelkills turned out to didnt even really play the course properly his first time and had missed many of the holes or played everything wrong....I guess we opened his eyes to how good a course it was..because he recently upgraded the review to a 3.5 from a prior 1.5......I swear the 3 of us older disc heads didnt hold him captive and beat any sense into him/I felt like we were trying to brainwash him though...he actually re wrote his review and raised his score....pretty cool!.....I really enjoy showing out of towners my home courses..one of the true joys of this site!

I swear the 3 of us older disc heads didnt hold him captive and beat any sense into him/I felt like we were trying to brainwash him though...

He did drink the Kool Aid though...

Understanding how/why the course was designed and installed was very enlightening for me, as were the details about different aspects of the course (pin positions, why certain areas are muddier than others, etc.).

He did drink the Kool Aid though...

it was too cold out for cool aid...
although today it would be nice to have some.
optidiscic was a good guide.:clap:

Just wanted to say that I used the guide function for the first time about a month ago and it paid off big time. I've been a guide for a while, but I've never sought out another guide while visiting a course. I hit up craigd and lewis when I went to play Oregon Park in Kennesaw. Those dudes were so knowledgeable on the course that it really made the whole experience much better. I never had a lingering question because those guys had the answer for every hole. I was able to reciprocate a few weeks later by guiding people around Chattanooga. It's definitely a rewarding experience both ways.

After reading this thread I guess I'm convinced to go sign for a few in the area. Ya'll make it sound worthwhile.

Glad to see you did.:thmbup: Even though I've played it before I may hit you up to play Finnon the next time I'm going to be in the area. The new layout was prety confusing the last time I tryed to play there.

Latest posts