• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

Has anyone beat any aviarx3 in enough to show some turn? How long did it take you?

Easy, get a DX one. My DX ones started showing turn pretty quickly. Great for hyzerflips and slow turnovers now. My CFR AX3 has beaten to pretty straight these days and I've had it since late December.

Easy, get a DX one. My DX ones started showing turn pretty quickly. Great for hyzerflips and slow turnovers now. My CFR AX3 has beaten to pretty straight these days and I've had it since late December.

Did those DX ones ever beat into straighter than premium AviarX3 but still with a healthy fade or did they just start turning right away? I was really hoping the DX version would act kind of like a premium Aviar3 with no turn but nice and straight to a healthy fade at least initially.

Did those DX ones ever beat into straighter than premium AviarX3 but still with a healthy fade or did they just start turning right away? I was really hoping the DX version would act kind of like a premium Aviar3 with no turn but nice and straight to a healthy fade at least initially.

I ordered 5 DX ones about 3 months ago and I am on my second one. Out of the box, they are straight to fade but not as much fade as the premium and less skippy. I would say after about a month of woods use, it had some healthy turn. If I hyzerflip it, it's still straight to fade but throwing it flat it will turn and hold it. That's for forehand. My backhand is a bit weaker and it was pretty stable for my arm speed until it beat in and now its a great backhand approach disc for me. It will hold a straight line but won't flip.

The DX ones are super flat but not puddle top. I highly recommend them, but I would pick up a few and cycle them.

I ordered 5 DX ones about 3 months ago and I am on my second one. Out of the box, they are straight to fade but not as much fade as the premium and less skippy. I would say after about a month of woods use, it had some healthy turn. If I hyzerflip it, it's still straight to fade but throwing it flat it will turn and hold it. That's for forehand. My backhand is a bit weaker and it was pretty stable for my arm speed until it beat in and now its a great backhand approach disc for me. It will hold a straight line but won't flip.

The DX ones are super flat but not puddle top. I highly recommend them, but I would pick up a few and cycle them.

Cool!:clap: Sounds about like what I was hoping they would be. I don't mind cycling I just hate premium plastic for touch approaches.:wall: They're skippy and the grip just isn't as good for dialing in the right distance for me.

Has anyone thrown the production run Champions? If so, how do they compare? Any more OS?

Just wanted to stop in and sing my praises of this disc. I've been bagging a proto star at max weight for a few months now. I had a really windy league round yesterday, and I almost pulled it out to put a super beef puddle top gator in, but decided to put the AX3 to the test. This little puppy holds up to the wind. Backhands up to 250 and flick approaches 150 or so and in. Good hand feel and commendable glide/float given the stability.

I had a color glow that I bagged for a while that I really liked, mainly because the plastic was a touch stiffer than my star version. I'm curious to hear how the stock champ run came out.

Has anyone thrown the production run Champions? If so, how do they compare? Any more OS?

I'm curious to hear how the stock champ run came out.

Picked up a stock Champ to try out. I have a Star that I've thrown for maybe half a dozen rounds. Brought them both out to a field for 30 minutes. Wind up to 10mph at times. Threw them both BH and FH. Here's my experience with the two:

Star: Mine is 175g with a puddle top. Really sharp flashing on the bottom rim that would probably cut some people's hands (mine are all calloused from years of lifting with sharply knurled bars and manual labor, so if I notice flashing on a disc it is probably substantial.)

The Star holds up well. Mostly I throw it for straight shots with a predictable finish. Tried some small flex shots with mixed results. Between flat and hyzer it will hold the angle. Doesn't have much glide; will go only as far as the power you put into it. I have to really try to get this past 225' as opposed to other putters that can glide out for more distance.

Champ: Mine is 175g with a flat top. I noticed at the store they had some lighter weight ones that had a lot of dome. Seems like only the 175g ones were flat (I ended up going back and buying the other 175g one.) Smoother feel, more comfortable especially for FH. Feels like there is more disc to hold on to, but that could be due to the flat top vs the puddle top on the Star. EDIT: the plastic on these is pearly, like the recent flat stock Champ Firebirds.

The Champ seems like it has more glide than the Star; easier to get more distance. On throws that seemed to be the same effort and line, the Champ would go a little further. Also saw a little bit of flip up on some of my FH throws, but it would stable up pretty quickly. Seemed to do better on small flex shots. Need some course time with it.

Overall I like both of them. Would like to try DX when the local store has some in stock. I got the AviarX3 to try as a more forgiving FH putter. Up to now I have been either hyzerflipping a Classic Aviar or using a P2 for my FH putter throws. Those have been fine, but I'm gonna try bagging the Champ AviarX3 mostly due to the more substantial feel in the hand compared to the Star. I wouldn't say the Champ is more OS; if I had to pick the more OS one, it would be the Star. Is it more OS/less glidey because of the flashing and puddle top?

Just got a Aviarx3 in XT plastic in a players pack. Finally an innova throwing putter i'm happy with. The XT plastic also has a great feel.

I just watched Ricky's last In The Bag & he said he only throws his AX3 for BH's.

Anyone using the AX3 for short FH's off the tee & approaches? I'd like to test one against my Berg.

Is the Luster Champion the most OS AX3?

I just watched Ricky's last In The Bag & he said he only throws his AX3 for BH's.

Anyone using the AX3 for short FH's off the tee & approaches? I'd like to test one against my Berg.

I was for a bit but I like the Pig better for that slot. I really only use it when my I think my Gator might be too long. They're really similar in glide and flight.
If you're comparing to a Berg you may want to try that.

I don't use it off the tee, but I use a 175g Luster AX3 for all FH approach duties and love it. The only other plastic I've thrown it in is Star at 170g. They were both OS, but I like the puddle top and durability in the Luster plastic. I've had a lot of great anny FHs with it to get out of trouble too. It slowly pans to flat and usually lands that way unless I give it a lot of height.

I like the puddle top and durability in the Luster plastic.

You found Luster AX3s with a puddle top? I have color glow champ and star AX3s that are puddle top, but the luster I've seen have flat tops.

I love my AX3s for any controlled shot 250' and under. I wouldn't care much for the flat top AX3s; the puddle top makes for the perfect shape, IMO.

Seems like a great option for short FHs. I heard Ricky say the same thing, and I actually prefer the AX3 for FH over BH. I prefer slightly more glide with BH, and this thing falls like a rock thanks to the puddle top.

Slightly less OS than a harp or zone, slightly slower too, slightly faster and more OS than a champ rhyno. These all fly so similarly that we're only talking 10% difference here and there, and I have always found that I can pull off the exact same shots with any of these "OS upshot/approach" discs, just with slightly different release angles.

It comes down to preference - if you want a deeper, more putter-like zone with a more blunt nose, perfect. Or if you're exclusively an Innova thrower and not a fan of RPro, this is the clear choice for the OS upshot slot (over the Pig in poopy RPro)

I bet you'll find the AX3 to have a bit more fade and be faster than the Berg...kind of seeking the ground because the overstability makes it die a bit vs. the Berg where the speed and bulkiness makes it seek the ground as it slows quickly.

I think the Berg would be a bit better at doing the FH run the chains but stop not too far past the basket type of thing.

I've barely thrown the AX3 but that's how it seems to me. Feels great in hand. Closer to the Zone than the Berg. Berg is a very unique flyer and has an interesting shape that feels good in a different way than any other disc.

I think I'm just looking to condense molds & thought the AX3 could be that medium between my PA1 & Berg. I usually only use the Berg FH & PA1 BH. Was thinking the AX3 could be a mold that I could do both with so I'm keeping the same disc in my hand more.

Just feeling like I only need one OS putter mold. Probably just need to buy one & see if it works out.

I think I'm just looking to condense molds & thought the AX3 could be that medium between my PA1 & Berg. I usually only use the Berg FH & PA1 BH. Was thinking the AX3 could be a mold that I could do both with so I'm keeping the same disc in my hand more.

Just feeling like I only need one OS putter mold. Probably just need to buy one & see if it works out.

I think you'd like it, it's a great disc. Overstable and reliable, but not a meathook.

I see you bag a buzzz os, I'd say it's a slower, shorter buzzz os in a lot of ways. I've thrown champ, star, and color glow and they were similar in stability.

I think you'd like it, it's a great disc. Overstable and reliable, but not a meathook.

I see you bag a buzzz os, I'd say it's a slower, shorter buzzz os in a lot of ways. I've thrown champ, star, and color glow and they were similar in stability.

I've got a 175g Champion on the way. I've heard they're usually flat & not puddle. I'll have fun bringing it out with my Pa1's & Berg to see what fits.

Would be great if the AviarX3 works well both FH & BH so I can condense & make my choices simpler.