• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad lie pics, the sequel

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Seems the first bad lie thread is dead, so here's a good start.

Mini DGCR meetup at Bradford today -- myself, Schleppy, rdbiddle, rolex, tourneyplayer.

This bad lie courtesy of Rick Stevens who joined us on #12. Stuck in the bridge on #16.

10765587413_57480dbd9a_c.jpg

Snapped these a few weeks ago during my first round on renny gold... This is hole 6, I threw a skip thumber that flared up heading right. Heard the tree hit then went and couldn't find it. My wife started laughing about a minute later when she found it first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 639
Snapped these a few weeks ago during my first round on renny gold... This is hole 6, I threw a skip thumber that flared up heading right. Heard the tree hit then went and couldn't find it. My wife started laughing about a minute later when she found it first.

Just out of curiosity: What's the ruling on that?

Play it from there. Alternatively, you're allowed to play from behind it along the Line of Play between the lie and the basket.

I'm pretty sure the rule is 2 meters (somewhere around 6 feet). From the picture, it looks like it's under that. So you would just have your lie directly underneath the disc.

I'm pretty sure the rule is 2 meters (somewhere around 6 feet). From the picture, it looks like it's under that. So you would just have your lie directly underneath the disc.

As of 2013 rule changes, the 2m rule became discretionary, and is only in effect when specifically announced by TD's.

806. Discretionary
Rules Discretionary rules are rules that may be invoked by the Director without prior approval from the PDGA. Any discretionary rule that is in effect must be announced by the Director prior to the tournament and in the players' meeting.
806.01 Two-meter Rule A. If a disc has come to rest above two meters, as measured from the lowest point of the disc to the playing surface directly below it, the player shall be assessed a one-throw penalty. The player shall then proceed in accordance with 802.02.C.

Last edited:
As of 2013 rule changes, the 2m rule became discretionary, and is only in effect when specifically announced by TD's.

Actually, the two meter rule has been discretionary since 2005: the 2013 rules revision simply move the two meter rule to the newly created subsection, "Discretionary Rules."

God that's ugly. But I would like to point out that, by the looks of the elevated pier and dike, the water level would normally be 6' higher, and your disc would be unspottable.

Bill Allen Park hole 6 I believe

You are correct. I would imagine it is a bit cleaner when the water is up, but I've only played there this summer. It's a fun course, we usually play there after some disc shopping at PIAS in Carrollton.

God that's ugly. But I would like to point out that, by the looks of the elevated pier and dike, the water level would normally be 6' higher, and your disc would be unspottable.

Probably 6' to 10' higher as far as I can tell. Both times I played there the water was low (fortunately for my card mates as they mostly threw where the water would have been). That was my son's disc pictured, my shot carried across where the water normally is. However, I bet the first time I play there when the water is up I'll throw it in the drink! LOL

Curtis

Actually, the two meter rule has been discretionary since 2005: the 2013 rules revision simply move the two meter rule to the newly created subsection, "Discretionary Rules."

So you're saying, given the rule hasn't been invoked, no matter how high my disc is in a tree, I can just throw from underneath it without a penalty? Or that I get a penalty even if my disc is under 2m and off the ground? (That second option seems crazy, but I just want to make sure.)

with the wind that is always there and the soup that is that pool, that's a lay up hole for me

it's a 350' carry over the water with a very strong cross/headwind most of the times when it's full

I watched some kids go swimming in there for discs one day, no thanks for that pond haha

Dont have picture anymore, but I threw a drive into a hollowed out tree that was 5 feet deep. I had to climb in the trunk and throw a tomahawk to the basket 20 feet from hole. Got my par, but climbing back out was a bitch.

Latest posts