• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Beast vs. Valkyrie

Which do you prefer, the Beast or the Valkyrie?

• Beast is better!

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • Valkyrie is the one!

Votes: 62 66.0%

• Total voters
... but for the rest of us mortals yes, a Valk is flippier than a Beast.

Does this include both versions of Beast (L and X)? I believe I have 2 Beast L molds, DX and Champ, and they are both far more unforgiving than my old DX and current Pro Valk.

Another double? Another double.

This is wrong too. A Valk is never flippy unless beat to piss. I can hyzerflip a 6/10 DX over 400' not internet distance. Support and quote accurate information PMantle. FWIW I'm at sea level so no elevation doesn't add to the stability:|
Come on man

Does this include both versions of Beast (L and X)? I believe I have 2 Beast L molds, DX and Champ, and they are both far more unforgiving than my old DX and current Pro Valk.

Comparing a 170G Pro Valk to a 162G GStar Beast (not sure which mold that is) for a thrower (me) with 300ish power:
-I can get some beautiful hyzer flips to flat with the Valk, or thrown flat some nice turn and then fade
-I could not usually get a real hyzer flip with the Beast-more of a straight with fade at the end. Although sometimes on a hyzer I could get it to flatten at the top of the curve for a moment, which is great for getting some extra distance on a hyzer line.
-Beast stood up to a forehand anny flex shot better, though would still turn and burn if I wasn't careful.
-forehand with the Valk usually has to be a hyzer flip or a flat throw, any attempt at an anny flex shot will tend to turn and burn.
-I get 30-50 more feet with the Valk because it sails straight or on a flex line where the beast would tend to fade out because I couldn't quite get it up to speed.

All of these make sense considering each disc is supposed to be a straight flyer (-2 turn, +2 fade) and the Beast is rated one faster than the Valk. I suspect someone with a faster arm than me could throw a Beast about like I throw a Valk. I'm sure we can chalk some of that up to my form, but I threw the two the same and so it's still an apples to apples comparison.

However, I do also have a Blizzard Champ Beast that is suuuper flippy, obnoxiously so. I just chalked that up to Blizzard variability, but maybe it's more representative of the Beast than the GStar is?

Last edited:
A Valk is never flippy unless beat to p***.

Not true. A couple of my 15 Valkyries were understable right out of the box. They're not beat to anything, and they're not super lightweight, either; they're in the upper 160s in weight. It may be that flippy Valks aren't the norm, but it's wrong to say they're never flippy right out of the box...

Alcohol. I apologize to everyone on this site.

/Grip

Iconcheers.gif

Iconbow.gif

I am now getting 330-350 feet with the dx Beast. One went a bit further but it turned and rolled at the end. It wasn't a very good roll though. I'm still waiting for "The Big one".:)

Last edited:
Today: Dx Beast 352 feet. A few days ago: Champ Beast 327 feet.
I wonder if a Gstar or Pro Beast would be half way in between stabilities.

The champ Barry S. beast I have says 2 time.... at the bottom and no flight numbers. It's pretty much a lazer beam at my power level. It won't turn for me.

I have a l like new Barry 175 Champ beast that I love. I has pretty good distance. I have tried other molds but too flippy. I use the champ Beast instead of a Wraith where I want a bit more high speed turn and less fade at the end.

I have a star Valkyrie. It is like new, but is sort of flippy. It's a decent downwind drive with some hyzer it seems to go a long way. I typically use Shryke instead of Valkyrie now if it requires a long shot. I get the Valkyrie in the bag for one course in particular and take the Shryke out.

Had a good drive with the DX Beast again. A slight tailwind hyzer flip 355 feet. I usually don't like tailwinds as I get less distance but I gave it my home run swing.

bought a new barry champ beast...i like it ,pretty straighr with a little turn..use for control..fh and bh..downwind almost as long as some faster discs..
ok into a little breeze too....would these be similar to the original mold..bought it just for fun