• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast Vs Valkyrie

For me, the Valk is more unreliably flippy. Either it doesnt flip over, or it flips over and doesnt come back. With hte Beast, its easier to control the amount of turnover and s-curve, and it seems to fight harder to come back in any case. IMHO the valk sux, go with a viking instead if you want a slower driver. Otherwise use the beast

I prefer the Valkyrie on tighter fairways with slight left to right bend where I can throw a gentle turnover. I like the Beast on wide open holes where I can bomb it on a big anhyzer and really let it glide back to the right.

I still like the Valk. I use my 161 exclusive for forehand drives, Im usually rhbh. I find it very predictable, I toss it out to about 220, never use it backhand.
The Beast, which I tried recently(backhand), was like my Orc. So I dont see a need for it in my bag.
just my two cents.

Note that there are two versions of the Beast mold. Older versions were more stable and had the "X" mold. Newer versions are less stable with the "L" mold. See the rim pictures of the Eagle-L vs. Eagle-X posted a while back... same thing.

i've owned a champ beast for a while and actually just ordered a star and a champ valkyrie to replace it. my go-to driver is an orc, and i had been keeping a beast in my bag to try out, based on so many good reviews, and for s-curvage, etc. i found, however, that i basically never touched the beast during rounds - any time i grabbed it, it just didn't feel right, and i went back to the orc. i recently had a chance to throw someone's valk a few times, and i really liked the feel of the disc. to me, it felt like a mini-orc - it has the curved rim like an orc, while the beast's rim is more flat, more like a wraith or something. so even though they seemed to perform pretty similar for me, i just anticipate grabbing the valk a lot more than i do the beast, simply because it feels better in my hand. i think sometimes people forget how important disc feel can be, amidst all the flight ratings, stabilities, etc. those things are really important, but if a disc just doesn't sit in your hand the right way, it's probably not gonna be your favorite disc. just another thing to consider here.

i have a 150g champ valk that i cant throw straight to save my life. im lhbh and it hooks mad left.

You either need a heavier disc, or to put more hyzer on your release. I can flip my daughter's 149 Roc like nobody's business, but my 180 goes straight as an arrow (assuming my form is correct :confused:).

You either need a heavier disc, or to put more hyzer on your release. I can flip my daughter's 149 Roc like nobody's business, but my 180 goes straight as an arrow (assuming my form is correct :confused:).

I agree. You need at least a 165 - 170 on that Valk. I have a 150 that I would use for an understable driver, but thats about it. My RR is a better understable disc though.

You have to find what works best for you. I used to throw the beast, but once the disc broke in the beast would always start the s turn and never come back and I would be off in the woods. I throw the valkyrie now for most of my drives, the disc is starting to break in and doesn't turnover much yet but its always a straight consistent flight for me.

Latest posts