• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner Anny disc?

buzz holds some really long lines if you need something more sharp id go with a comet or 150g ish gummy champ leopard.

Like jrawk said what kind of throw are you trying to do. Anny simply refers to the release angle not the actual flight of the disc. Many people will see a disc hyzer flip and then turn over and stay to the right (RHBH) and call that an anny but that isn't an anny that is just an understable disc doing what god intended her to do. I would not recommend throwing something that is understable unless you know the disc very well as there is too much of a risk of the disc landing on it's edge and not landing flat.

So that said I would go with a semi beat roc so you can get a nice flat landing if releasing anny. If it is a very sharp right turn then you can take something more stable and just anny release it past the turn and let it come out of it.

Last edited:
trying to get a 200' right flight line?

i'd use my wedge....its DX, but I saw that its out in star now so i'm gonna try that out and see how I like it

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned the Stingray. Hands down, this is the best disc for you to start with and use for your annies.

Annys dont skip

The amount of practice it would take to learn to throw a 200' anhyzer with a speed 13 driver consistently without skipping could be better spent learning the shot with a more capable disc, practicing putting, and learning a new throw instead. I started playing this way and wish the person who finally said something to me would've spoken up sooner. All those skips and long missed putts could've been 2s and 3s instead of 3s and 4s.

Sure. I'll drop my Comet next to the basket, and you can try and play your skip! ;) :thmbup:

allls im saying is something works for you might not work for me... and for me maybe not so much for you.

if we both do well, who's wrong and who's right?? lol
:thmbup:

^^^ HAHA your both wrong. Neither of you is throwing a groove...
I would say look at the meteor or comet, but I highly suggest the putter route instead of another mid range at this early point.

I wouldnt consider a Cobra understable for someone starting out.

I can't believe that there have only been two Fuse votes. Easy to throw, glides forever, what's not to love. Light that Fuse and watch it go.

The amount of time it would take to learn to throw a speed 13 disc anny without skipping would be one throw.

Maybe you're right. This thread is for a beginner anny disc. I started out throwing the fastest discs I could find too. My game has only taken me further over par once I started gaining control and throwing more distance appropriate discs. One day I'm 1000-rated, now I'm struggling to break back into the 900s! Oh, wait...what?

Last edited: