• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best/Worst someone getting hit with disc stories

Our guys trip to Austin turned into a couples trip one year. We had 4 guys with our respective wives, two of which played competitively. The other two wives didn't throw a lick but they walked along while we played.

On one of the holes, one of the ladies was putting in from about 20', while her husband thought it would be nice to stand behind the basket, arms outstretched to direct her putter in if she happened to be off-line. She was dead on line, but too high, skipping it off the top and into his face. He tried raising his hands to block it, but he got them caught in the chains. Bad beat for him, but the rest of us enjoyed.

I played in a tournament yesterday (11/8/2009) and we were teeing off on our next hole. Someone from a previous hole threw their drive. I heard "Fore" and I just so happened to turn my head and look right as the disc was coming towards us. I jumped and let the disc slide under my feet, but my girlfriend wasn't so lucky. She got hit in the ankle. It didn't swell or anything but it kept her up all night. If I had known it was gonna hit her in the leg I would have taken it, but I just reacted.

disc in face

picture.php

i wasnt there for this one but it happened in vegas this last month, a casual bystander got one in the face. :(

I saw that. Ouch.

Yeah if a guy who could throw 450-500 feet hit you in the head at 20-30 feet you would be way F'ed up for sure. Could be really bad. I know people have died from being hit with golf balls.

Once again, if you hear "Fore" , don't look around, you should instead, duck and cover till you hear something hit the ground.

I was playing a tournament once and came up on a tee that had a back up of 2 other groups. One guy had a fresh cut on the ridge of his nose right between his eyes, he had been wearing glasses, those were broken. He did exactly what you're not supposed to do, turned around and looked, when he did it nailed him.

I hit a dog once. Or really I had a dog pretend it was a frisbee dog on my Valkyrie...and the dog wasn't very good.

I was driving on hole 18 at Ellison which has a walking path to the right that runs around the hole, so that the path is only about 20 feet away from the basket.

I was waiting for this lady and her 2 golden retrievers to get out of the way (she was walking towards me) not a big deal at all and she at least seemed to understand that if I threw she could get hurt. (especially since it was a valk and it's easy to turn those over on accident...) (sure she knew that ;) ) Well she gets to a safe place, I let rip. I don't turn it over, but I release a bit late so I'm headed basically between the pin and the path.

All of a sudden a third dog, another golden retriever (don't know if it was this lady's but I think so...) comes HAULING ASS off this path behind a bush. My Valkyrie starts to nose down, going to be a shorter throw than I needed, but it's not going to have time to fade....too bad for the god.

dog lunges for the disc, aiming his nose up. Disc jerks down suddenly, got him right in the neck. I felt bad...but it was REALLY funny.

I left my bag and ran up to the dog, 1 I wanted to make sure the dog was okay, 2 I didn't want the dog to eat my disc.

I get up there and the dog isn't really all that phased by the whole thing, just a bit startled, I try to look over his neck, didn't see any blood...then the dog runs like hell. I look over for the lady but I can't see her... This retriever WAS wearing the same type of collar too. Maybe she was embarrassed or something?

I finished the hole with a decent layup followed by a terrible putt.

And I laughed as I picked some fur out of my disc.

\/\/

back when i lived in richmond one of the local golfers actually threw down a golfer-turned-vagrant/thief and beat him with his x-clone.

back when i lived in richmond one of the local golfers actually threw down a golfer-turned-vagrant/thief and beat him with his x-clone.

Zenbot's right, this story must be told in full.

LOL I've dreamed about stopping a mugger by throwing the sharpest edge disc I have at them.

i was playing at Chabot Park in San Leandro a few years ago and watched this kid throw a drive and hit a tree about 30 ft from the tee. He runs up to get his disc and apparently rethrow when his buddy throws his drive and hits the kid in the back of the neck. I watched this kid drop like a rock. It knocked him out. So I go running over and so do his buddies. I thought he broke his neck. It took about 3-4 minutes to get this kid awake and when he snaps back to life, his buddies just lift him up like it was no big deal and carry this kid out of the park. i was stunned! Its the only time I have seen something like that, and I hope I never see it again.

Please elaborate.

not really much more to tell- the degenerate in question had made off with some of the other guy's property in the recent past. he showed up all f'ed up at the course near the tee of the final hole where the golfer was getting ready to toss his xclone. golfer threw him down and whacked him a few times upside the dome with it- no blood, no gore.

not really much more to tell- the degenerate in question had made off with some of the other guy's property in the recent past. he showed up all f'ed up at the course near the tee of the final hole where the golfer was getting ready to toss his xclone. golfer threw him down and whacked him a few times upside the dome with it- no blood, no gore.
You underestimate my boredom.

That's an awesome story.

Ok me and my buddy get done playing 18 holes and after finishing we emptied our bags on the putt practice hole before leaving. I shot mine over and went to go retrieve it. I bent down and picked up my disc and turned around and saw his disc coming right at my shin. So my first reaction is to stop it with my foot because I have played soccer all of my life. The disc misses my foot and hits me right above the ankle. It hurt so bad I had to limp to my car and had a huge welt for about a week.

Ok me and my buddy get done playing 18 holes and after finishing we emptied our bags on the putt practice hole before leaving. I shot mine over and went to go retrieve it. I bent down and picked up my disc and turned around and saw his disc coming right at my shin. So my first reaction is to stop it with my foot because I have played soccer all of my life. The disc misses my foot and hits me right above the ankle. It hurt so bad I had to limp to my car and had a huge welt for about a week.

who threw it?