• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Money Skins

Few things are more fun to watch in disc golf than Heimburg ripping high speed stuff through narrow gaps and going waaaay up the fairway.

AND...just like that, everybody forgets what a fiasco it was. Gotta love disc golfers.

I missed the beginning. I'm glad they were able to put a good show on Youtube.

I had no skin in the game, ie I didn't pay the $15. I'm glad I got the benefit of the post production.

Shrug...

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of salty people out there lol. Disc golfers being what they are.

I enjoyed the coverage of the finals, it was very exciting to watch.

Last edited:
He had help for sure. The guy's name was Jakub I believe.

Yes - My bad. Though Jakub was briefly relieved that his name didn't show up choking tens of thousands of dollars. (For a couple of more posts)

That $50k party he was going to throw In Czech Republic would have been dope.

Last edited:
Finally posted on Friday. Now I can buy... well, something that costs $14.99. Certainly not a premium plastic disc. Unless you go to Holdens and scan the Sale Rack.

I'm sure that $14.99's burnin' a hole in your pocket. I have some max weight Z Buzzzes in new condition (with a Chain Gang stamp) for $14.99. ;)

Maybe even an ESP or two.

I'm here for you, man!

COULD have been a disaster, for sure. Seems like they started to make things right immediately - fire the production company, refund money, then film and release an amazing, drama-filled final round.
We missed a lot of throws on Saturday for sure, but this seems more like a Grip-bags-making-it-right situation IMO.

Forget? Never.
Forgive? Not just yet. But soon.

Probably should elaborate.
I do not place any wrong doing upon GK Pro. Those guys rock. They are well known in the DG community for post production. Not live. So they get a pass.

The "Not Forgetting" part goes towards Eagles owner, mostly. Or whomever was advising.
Seems there should have been an extensive vetting process when selecting a live production crew. A rule of thumb, as with most things in life, is to look towards someone/thing that is successful at a particular thing & try to replicate, or learn from he/she/it.

It's all a learning process for a new course owner, I assume.
I look forward to seeing Eagles Crossing in more events in the years to come.

Probably should elaborate.
I do not place any wrong doing upon GK Pro. Those guys rock. They are well known in the DG community for post production. Not live. So they get a pass.

The "Not Forgetting" part goes towards Eagles owner, mostly. Or whomever was advising.
Seems there should have been an extensive vetting process when selecting a live production crew. A rule of thumb, as with most things in life, is to look towards someone/thing that is successful at a particular thing & try to replicate, or learn from he/she/it.

It's all a learning process for a new course owner, I assume.
I look forward to seeing Eagles Crossing in more events in the years to come.

All I want to know is who spearheaded the non-GKPro crew. My understanding is the gig was GK's, but they didn't want to do live. Someone
1) insisted on live (prob EaglesCrossing)
2) hired Larry's backyard camera-n-green-screen (unknown who)

As someone who has worked in live technical production and event management, how the heck did they not require a pre-broadcast run-thru and orientation to disc golf coverage?

Seems hasty & unwarranted to dump on Mr. Samules. His venue screams of no shortcuts or shady work. Obviously something went wrong & I bet he is steaming about it. Probably close to his worst nightmare. I've heard he paid out the players as promised. Heck, he was lavishing some of those guys before the event started. Recon he won't take this lightly & is implementing damage control daily. lets get some credible facts before we wreck his reputation. He is doing some great things for players and fans and we shouldn't be attacking & shaming him.

Latest posts