• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Champion Pig?

Isn't it strange(not bad mind you) that one would buy a disc knowing they were going to have to modify it, or should I say customize? Having said that: I've done it, and I'll probably do it again. With all the molds Innova makes you'd think they could make what I want, how I want it, and when I want it(spoiler: the answer is always NOW). Of course I jest(except for the when part), and wants me a Champ Pig(to flatten or not).

Isn't it strange(not bad mind you) that one would buy a disc knowing they were going to have to modify it, or should I say customize? Having said that: I've done it, and I'll probably do it again. With all the molds Innova makes you'd think they could make what I want, how I want it, and when I want it(spoiler: the answer is always NOW). Of course I jest(except for the when part), and wants me a Champ Pig(to flatten or not).

This ain't BK!!!

Just ordered up one of these porkers. (and another blizzard condor, this one as light as possible.)

Can't wait to get them in the air.

So I'm wondering if they needed the blizzard in the rim to keep it weighted the same as a pro pig? If Innova made these as just regular champ would there have been more weight on the rim compared to a pro pig?

Already been stated they would have been overweight if not blizzard

I think he was thinking more along the lines of just the rim itself being too heavy, with the flight plate not being the factor. I see where he was going with it...sort of like Gateway's putters, if you will.

In other words, if they had put the bubbles in the flight plate, would they still be overweight? Would this have a marked effect on the discs flight? Interesting questions....

BTW, my tracking says it arrived today but my mail room doesn't open until 1 in the afternoon (its 8 o'clock A.M. here now) so I can't wait to pick it up!

If these are as overstable as people are saying with a giant dome, I wonder how overstable they'll be if Innova manages to make some flat tops? Although I suppose some discs are less overstable with flat tops. I dunno.

Also. Will we have to start calling overstable discs porky instead of beefy?

Well they can't seem to mold them how they should be, that's why they were put on the pro shop according to the description.

there's different ways to go about it but the basic process is disc face down, something heavy and flat on top. although i don't think anyone has successfully flattened one of these things have they? i tried flattening one of mine and it popped right back out.

yeah thats why i ask, i dont wanna mess with it unless we have a proven method to go by. ive never modified a disc before.

Ok I've put this thing against a Tensor and Suspect. It's like a short version of a suspect, a stable, straight flight and then dive bombs. Beautiful

I think he was thinking more along the lines of just the rim itself being too heavy, with the flight plate not being the factor. I see where he was going with it...sort of like Gateway's putters, if you will.

In other words, if they had put the bubbles in the flight plate, would they still be overweight? Would this have a marked effect on the discs flight? Interesting questions....

BTW, my tracking says it arrived today but my mail room doesn't open until 1 in the afternoon (its 8 o'clock A.M. here now) so I can't wait to pick it up!

Thanks AndyJB, that is what I'm curious about. Obviously its more of a question for Innova but I thought I would throw it out there.

One of mine has a good amount of bubbles in the flight plate, I don't see any real difference in flight. They all go out hard and fast and then die and fade.

Got my two and guess what, they fly just like Pigs!

Thanks to New for spearheading this, and congrats to Hayden (Lil' New) for the record.:)