• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cam Todd-forgotten great?

I stole a large part of my putting mechanics from this guy hahahahaha. Also, he is a pretty good painter, a small piece of his is on display on the front desk at BRP.

Thanks for that link, Solar Sailor. I didn't really know much about him until seeing that. He seems to have a cool cat, MJ vibe. Maybe it's a Carolina thing, who knows. Congrats to him on his big win yesterday at GBO.

I think it's crazy that Cam has been playing professional disc golf for longer than the guy who took 4th (Eagle) has been alive.

I stole a large part of my putting mechanics from this guy hahahahaha.

His advice to keeping your mechanics simple on the course has helped me too. I hope Cam keeps this rolling. I always root for the OG's on the big stage. Cam, Climo, Schultz and Schweberger!

http://www.pdga.com/player/12827

He's had data for every year to date except for 2006,2007,2008 since 1997.
One event in 05, 7 events in 09... Overall 8 events from the start of 2005 until the end of 2009. That's a solid half decade in the middle of some prime years in a sport like disc - right at the edge of his 30s into his mid-30s. He could have racked up more world championships in that period. I wouldn't call him a "forgotten great" but I'd definitely say he could have done quite a lot more to build an unforgettable reputation. Most of us would die for a world championship - but one championship certainly undersells how good he was/is.

I like Cam, and used his signature putter for a long time... Both of them. The Challenger and the Touch. He has a great style and funny self depricating sense of humor.

Good for him to be winning again.

Cam's a super cool guy. I had an opportunity to throw a round with him and his wife last year. Both really nice people. I believe last year was his first year actually touring in quite a while, so it's nice to see him taking down big tournaments!

great player that had an even greater temper. final straw was a meltdown at Hambrick which resulted in a year suspension.

seems like he's mellowed out since.
Wasn't that followed by a temp reinstatement at USDGC if he donated all of his winnings to charity? If I'm right that'd be 2004, where he finished 4th for a $4K payout.

great player that had an even greater temper. final straw was a meltdown at Hambrick which resulted in a year suspension.

seems like he's mellowed out since.

The suspension wasn't nearly that long and was appealed down to what amounted to a fine (donating his USDGC winnings).

Cam's sabbatical from disc golf was 100% self imposed, and it was clearly a good decision for him at the time. From what I've seen since he has returned, his perspective on disc golf and life is far healthier.

Seeing him win this weekend was a great thing. Hope he can do it again.

Anyone know what's in his bag? It can't be all Salient, can it? I would assume it's still mostly Discraft.

I haven't forgotten about Cam Todd's failed height adjustable basket idea.

Anyone know what's in his bag? It can't be all Salient, can it? I would assume it's still mostly Discraft.

During a few of the Texas Jomez vids it looked like a mixture of Legacy and Discraft, thank god he's not throwing any Salient noise.

He's not throwing Salient anymore, but TBH the Touch putter he developed with them in their only disc that is 100% legit.

Latest posts