• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CHARLOTTE COURSES -NC/SC/TN Trip

Harmon Hills (private course near Warrior's Path) is an excellent play and a tough course. Should be great tourney prep. If you are already doing Warrior's, I highly recommend it. They just added another 9 holes.

Harmon Hills is SWEET!! Toughest place I've played. And Morningside won't be ready when you come through, baskets are going in the 30th. Victor Ashe is a pretty decent play if you're passing through already

Harmon Hills is SWEET!! Toughest place I've played. And Morningside won't be ready when you come through, baskets are going in the 30th. Victor Ashe is a pretty decent play if you're passing through already

Thanks for the update on Morningside. Also, I've heard nothing but good things about Harmon Hills.

It sounds like I'm not going to run out of courses to play. Choosing the right courses to hit, and the ones to skip is pretty tough. Obiviously we'd love to play them all, but their is only so much time.

Here's where we're at now:

-TN-
Warrior's Path
Harmon Hills (pending permission)

-NC (Pre-Charlotte)-
Sugaree (Thanks to the owner!)
Bear Tree Cabin
Ashe County Park
Highland Hills

-Charlotte-
Hornet's Nest
Renny
Nevin
Reedy Creek
Secret Course ? (Thanks BT!)

-Way Home-
Richmond Hill

We're still up in the air on Winthrop. I think I would kick myself if I was that close to Rock Hill and skipped it... but I don't want to waste my vacay time either (I don't get it often).

So stoked for this trip either way! Thanks again to everyone for all of the help and advice thus far.

Let me know how the line-up looks. Still open for suggestions. Also, is Reedy Creek work spending time at?

Thanks Grodney. In years past including the map on DGCR they put everything in the shorts and I was basing my recommendation on that. Winthrop Gold with out the ropes is worth the trip.

I have played it without the ropes and I am sticking to my guns. Deserter!

You'll have a blast being humbled at Harmon Hills!! And the folks there are awesome, great people

It's been decided that we're playing Winthrop. The dude who I'm going with said, "I don't care what you or anybody on that forum says... we're playing that F'ing course." I'm not going to argue since he's driving.

Also, how do Harmon Hills and Renny compare to Idlewild in difficulty. Just trying to get an idea of what we're getting into.

So stoked!

It's been decided that we're playing Winthrop. The dude who I'm going with said, "I don't care what you or anybody on that forum says... we're playing that F'ing course." I'm not going to argue since he's driving.

Also, how do Harmon Hills and Renny compare to Idlewild in difficulty. Just trying to get an idea of what we're getting into.

So stoked!

There are two course layouts at Winthrop. The shorter layout is the Lakefront course. The USDGC layout is the longer Gold Course. Even though the Gold Course is listed as temporary all of the baskets are in place except for 6 which is not on the beach but closer to the teepad.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=322
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=27

Please get a guide!! Or get a current map and study it.

You don't want to miss the Plantation Ruins at Winget.

Its Charlotte's newest course set on an old plantation farmhouse property.

Its like no other course in Charlotte.

If you have to skip something else to do so, skip Reedy.