• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Church DG Courses on the rise - Any takers?

I wouldnt mind playing them if they were around here. I dont think that they are out to come give you a hard time or preach when you are out trying to play a game

And im sure you never take advantage of those situations as an opportune time to "spread the word".

If your gonna do something good for people just do it , thats not sleazy at all but when you use those ventures to push your agenda that diminishes the good will and makes it dirty.
Most people who talk about their faith do it because it is an important part of their life and they believe others could benefit from it. If you have a favorite place to eat odds are you tell peope about it. there are always extremists in any endeavor.

I think the issue here may be the definition of "do something good". To a lot of people, connecting you with Christ is the best thing they could possibly ever do. You see this as something dirty/sleazy that should never happen (or even be discussed). I doubt any christian sees spreading the word as an evil agenda.

Therein lies the problem. If the Church of Satan opened its 9 holer there would be several Christians up in arms about them spreading their gospel...same if a pagan church had a course.

If we are going to be 100% fair and equal then cool but I don't like someone telling me what would do ME good...especially if they arent going to listen to what I have to say.

And im sure you never take advantage of those situations as an opportune time to "spread the word".

If your gonna do something good for people just do it , thats not sleazy at all but when you use those ventures to push your agenda that diminishes the good will and makes it dirty.

your problem that you keep coming back to is you think that christians are trying to "push their agenda." No one is forcing. No one is even begging. It's not an agenda. They believe it to be the "good news." If you got an ace, you would tell everyone. They have found their "ace," and they want to tell you. If you listen to it with an open mind, even if you don't apply it, it's not bad. It won't hurt you, I promise.

I think the issue here may be the definition of "do something good". To a lot of people, connecting you with Christ is the best thing they could possibly ever do. You see this as something dirty/sleazy that should never happen (or even be discussed). I doubt any christian sees spreading the word as an evil agenda.
"do something good" - Helping people in need ( need , as in actual needs, food,shelter,clothing.)

When i was helping people who lost almost everything after Hurricane Ike i never once thought this would be a good time to push my beliefs on them, or this would be a good time to fullfill my religious obligations.

"do something good" - Helping people in need ( need , as in actual needs, food,shelter,clothing.)

When i was helping people who lost almost everything after Hurricane Ike i never once thought this would be a good time to push my beliefs on them, or this would be a good time to fullfill my religious obligations.

i understand what you are saying, but i want to stress that no one is "pushing" anything. if you thought that your belief system would provide relief or comfort to those people that you helped, why wouldnt you offer?

Therein lies the problem. If the Church of Satan opened its 9 holer there would be several Christians up in arms about them spreading their gospel...same if a pagan church had a course.

If we are going to be 100% fair and equal then cool but I don't like someone telling me what would do ME good...especially if they arent going to listen to what I have to say.

You're making a bunch of assumptions here. If Christians got up in arms about a group of pagans using their disc golf course to spread their message, would they be right to be up in arms? Would it be an abuse of the pagans' property? Would they be up in arms over the disc golf course as a proselytizing tool, or would they be up in arms about the message itself?

And if you're going to go to a church course, wouldn't it be reasonable for the church to invite you to a meeting or some other church event? From their perspective, it could seem unwelcoming if they didn't invite you. The fact that you've come there to play may be an indication that you're interested. If the thought of a Christian sharing what he considers to be more or less "the answer to the meaning of life" makes you uncomfortable, then just don't go play the course.

Don't be like the hypothetical Christian that you expect would be "up in arms" over a pagan or Satanic or whatever disc golf course. Just play somewhere else and let it go.

And not that it's relevant to this thread, but what makes you assume "they aren't going to listen to what [you] have to say"?