• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

The Valkyrie Kid again in his review of Caliber (#2 rated on DGCR at the moment) in Sandpoint Idaho:

"To fully describe the whole Caliber experience, you would need one of those late night television pitchmen, the ones usually hawking Ginja knives, boner pills or hemorrhoid relief. The guy who spend 30 minutes straight in a rapid fire delivery extolling the virtues of whatever product he is selling. And always at the end, they offer you two of their products for the low, low price of one plus free shipping if you order in the next 45 seconds. Paul needs to hurry up and finish the second course so his hired pitchman could then offer two courses for the same low, low price. Also because it would take the rapid fire pitchmen delivery thirty minutes to fully describe the Caliber experience."

Slippingdiscs review of Pyramids in Leicester, MA:

Cons: Fee to play
Too many frogs
Creek crossings

Other Thoughts: This is a fun course to play, particularly if you like scenic courses with many wooded holes. There are several creek crossings, which can be fun and scary at the same time. The layout is pretty easy to follow even though there are no "next tee" signs. From the basket for 16, cross the entrance road to the left of the shed to get to the tee for 17. If you cross to the right of the shed, you'll go to 18 instead. If you're phobic of frogs (as I am), watch out near the creek. They're jumping all over.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=1718&mode=rev

I wonder how he would feel about Sand Fiddler Crabs. There's a course I frequent in about a few months there will be hundreds seen on fairways bordering a Marsh. They crack me up, they'll stop, turnaround and face you in the combat position.

From rodneytravis33's review of Basil Griffith Park:
"Had a friend bit here several years ago reaching down to place his mini, luckily it was just by a rat snake."

Yes I feel lucky when I get bitten by a snake as well.

I've probably missed a few, but I'm always on the lookout for the slitherens.

I have seen quite a few as well. Most recently was on the iconic hole at Idlewild with the "Y" shaped double mando tree. There was a pretty big one asleep on a rock next to the creek, pretty close to where my friend's drive landed. It didn't stir while we were around it, fortunately.

From rodneytravis33's review of Basil Griffith Park:
"Had a friend bit here several years ago reaching down to place his mini, luckily it was just by a rat snake."

Yes I feel lucky when I get bitten by a snake as well.

I was referring to the the fact that it could've been a lot worse. A rat snake is non-venomous and doesn't have large fangs, instead they have a ton of very small teeth and don't penetrate the skin much more than a regular scratch you would get from say a thorn bush. They're all still Nope Ropes to me though.

I have seen quite a few as well. Most recently was on the iconic hole at Idlewild with the "Y" shaped double mando tree. There was a pretty big one asleep on a rock next to the creek, pretty close to where my friend's drive landed. It didn't stir while we were around it, fortunately.

Great... I'm playing a tournament there in a few weeks and nothing like a large snake to completely throw me off my already shaky game. lol

Damn that was a bit harsh Rodney lol.

"Approach shots, missed putts, your disc golf cart, small children and pets, anything that lands close to this basket without going in will take off like your ex-wife down the hill."

I may have been projecting my own personal pain and frustration there a tiny bit. :ROFLMAO:

Hyoomac got me out of the gate with this gem in his pros for Monroe Township Recreation Park (Selinsgrove, PA)

"(NOTE: Do not confuse this with the six hole Monroe Township Community Park in Mechanicsburg PA. The two are equally bad, but each in its own special way)."

The whole review is a great example of how a review need not be wordy to be informative and entertaining.

Shout out to @dndelli on this poetic review! As well as previous reviewers @DiscGolfCraig and @Bennybennybenny for similar artistic flair.

I don't think I'll visit that one, but definitely only because I'm intimated to follow in these footsteps!
Thank you! There was definitely some extra pressure to deliver with that review as both @Bennybennybenny and @DiscGolfCraig had already set the such a fun/unique standard for reviews on that course.

Last edited:
This one from new reviewer @Naenae got a laugh out of me! (also a worthy candidate for Up and Coming Good Reviewers thread!)

The mountains of Minnesota are mostly known for the majestic way in which they don't exist.
I swear to Matthew Broderick that my phone droned, "How about a nice game of chess?"
if you are on the back nine and don't happen to be huffing and puffing, there's a decent chance it's because you recently fell over dead.

Great stuff - keep up the good work! :cool:

Latest posts