• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I went out yesterday in the drizzle to play nine with just my brand new comet and a putter. I was pretty happy with the comet. I was hitting 220-230 (dang good for me) and the flight path seemed predictable. I even had one roller with it that worked out for me as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 87
I went out yesterday in the drizzle to play nine with just my brand new comet and a putter. I was pretty happy with the comet. I was hitting 220-230 (dang good for me) and the flight path seemed predictable. I even had one roller with it that worked out for me as well.

That Comet is too pretty. :thmbup:

Finally...my prayers have been answered. A limited run of Ti Comets. Already got my two reserved. Now, let's hope they will keep them around. I could use a Comet that takes 3 or 4 years to break in. :D

Where can I get one or three? Haha ill be all over these

LSDisc's has a pre-order on them. Shoot Lars an email. $25 a pop shipped.

I'm really hoping these don't come out flat like other Ti disc's have, but given the trend I doubt they will look anything like the current Z's in terms of shape.

When anyone gets a ti comet make sure to come tell us how they fly

I got my first Z Comet a while back. I have been throwing it a little here and there, no actual "field work" with it yet. This thing has sneaky glide and is really straight when powered down. I have over thrown it while not trying to throw it far.

When powered up for my noodle arm it will go straight and then track to the right and finish there. Even when I throw it with hyzer, it flips to flat and goes right. I will have a use for that so long as I can accomplish that flight when needed.

Even thrown at half power it will fly straight and have a little fade when released flat.

Best yet is the color, it is a sweet orange with that classy white stamp on it!

I'm wondering what you guys do in the winter?

I prefer Z Comets but they are too slick in the winter for my dry hands. I tried an ESP Comet but just cracked it against a rock on an approach. I've thrown X Comets before and practice with them, but in the heavily wooded courses around me, they just don't hold up long.

I wish they made a FLX...

LSDisc's has a pre-order on them. Shoot Lars an email. $25 a pop shipped.

I'm really hoping these don't come out flat like other Ti disc's have, but given the trend I doubt they will look anything like the current Z's in terms of shape.

From what I saw at gggt they had decent shoulder and flat across the inner top. Not bad.

I'm wondering what you guys do in the winter?

I prefer Z Comets but they are too slick in the winter for my dry hands. I tried an ESP Comet but just cracked it against a rock on an approach. I've thrown X Comets before and practice with them, but in the heavily wooded courses around me, they just don't hold up long.

I wish they made a FLX...

Keep handwarmers and a kitten. Makes your hand a little sweaty.

Lmao, auto correct...I was going to edit but then I decided against it.

LOL, How am I going to explain that to my wife?

Which plastic do you prefer? I wear a mitten when I'm not throwing, I just have a tough time gripping the disc.

My two cents worth...

Ti Comets are fantastic.

The three that I got all have the same shape and flight pattern as the older more domey Z's, but without the monster dome on them. Very similar feel to the Big-Z's, but maybe not quite as flat. Very tough to tell though.

I played glow in about 0 degrees last night. My Z comet gripped just fine. A trick especially when its a little moist out is let your discs get cold before you play then the snow and such wont stick. I am not sure what to say about just straight cold.

I am interested to try TI comets, but never have loved ESP even my good ones I just always seemed to prefer the Z.

Is the new TI similar to the previous runs or is it softer? It kind of looks like Fuzion plastic from Dynamic Discs.

Is the new TI similar to the previous runs or is it softer? It kind of looks like Fuzion plastic from Dynamic Discs.

I would say it is similar to the previous runs of Ti. It does seem to be a little more swirly/pearly like Fuzion/GoldLine. It's fairly stiff too(Keep your minds out of the gutter). I like it because it feels indestructible in the hand. I've gotten a handful of throws in with it, so I can't speak to its durability yet.

I know this is blasphemous, but I've never thrown a Comet. It seems the consensus is that a bit of dome is preferrable, but if I want the straightest, most laser beamish Comet off the shelf, are the new Z going to be my best option? I don't want to shell out for TI fundraisers if I fall in love with this disc.
Reference: I throw Rocs up to 310' or so.

I know this is blasphemous, but I've never thrown a Comet. It seems the consensus is that a bit of dome is preferrable, but if I want the straightest, most laser beamish Comet off the shelf, are the new Z going to be my best option? I don't want to shell out for TI fundraisers if I fall in love with this disc.
Reference: I throw Rocs up to 310' or so.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

yeah, a z or a heavy x. i prefer heavy x for that "stable comet" slot. light x's are wonderful.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

yeah, a z or a heavy x. i prefer heavy x for that "stable comet" slot. light x's are wonderful.

I know. I know!
And thanks. I'm thinking ahead to the next tree I blast with my XT Atlas. As much as I like the plastic, I tacoed the crap out of it with one throw. I can manipulate it back into shape but it's not going to be a laser beam woods disc, unfortunately. And I love my z blend zone, so figured I should do my due diligence with the comet. And the big z flying meatball looking stamp amuses me.

Latest posts