• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I call it the Whale Spacesploitation Stamp.

Infinite has put these up for sale under the category of "Tour ESP" Comets, which I think is an inaccurate designation, unless they are thinking of NASA touring Seaworld.

Or that NASA astronauts train did at one point when we were with plans going to the moon again train underwater? This was before Elon Musk and the Red Bull failed mission. NASA was going to make the old Saturn V rocket but with better tech to the Rocket in communication and computers at the time in 2000's but abandon the idea to outside entrepreneurs for cost of have them design a new ship for Moon as prototype/trial for Mars misson that then NASA would lend the launch site/ landing site out for $$$ if need be.

I call it the Whale Spacesploitation Stamp.

Infinite has put these up for sale under the category of "Tour ESP" Comets, which I think is an inaccurate designation, unless they are thinking of NASA touring Seaworld.

Or that NASA astronauts train did at one point when we were with plans going to the moon again train underwater though in a 29-30 foot deep pool? This was before Elon Musk with his idea and the other Red Bull mission pulled due to cost. NASA was going to make the old Saturn V rocket but with better tech to the Rocket in communication and computers at the time in 2000's to go to Mon for prep to go to Mars. NASA did abandon the idea to outside entrepreneurs due to Cost and need of have them design a new ship for Moon as prototype/trial for Mars mission that then NASA would work in partner with the person/company to go to Moon trial/training for Mars.

Last edited:
Or that NASA astronauts train did at one point when we were with plans going to the moon again train underwater? This was before Elon Musk and the Red Bull failed mission. NASA was going to make the old Saturn V rocket but with better tech to the Rocket in communication and computers at the time in 2000's but abandon the idea to outside entrepreneurs for cost of have them design a new ship for Moon as prototype/trial for Mars misson that then NASA would lend the launch site/ landing site out for $$$ if need be.

Or that NASA astronauts train did at one point when we were with plans going to the moon again train underwater though in a 29-30 foot deep pool? This was before Elon Musk with his idea and the other Red Bull mission pulled due to cost. NASA was going to make the old Saturn V rocket but with better tech to the Rocket in communication and computers at the time in 2000's to go to Mon for prep to go to Mars. NASA did abandon the idea to outside entrepreneurs due to Cost and need of have them design a new ship for Moon as prototype/trial for Mars mission that then NASA would work in partner with the person/company to go to Moon trial/training for Mars.

Sorry, but my head hurts after trying to read this. I think I'd need half an hour to try to decipher what you're saying in these two paragraphs. I'm assuming you can understand what you write before posting, and if so you're just on another plane of existence.

I lost a favorite big Z last Sunday. I decided to buy one to replace it. I figured i would spend some money at Marshall Street...

Free shipping over $50???

I bought six. 3 Xs and 3 big Zs.
I should have a great day off on Tuesday.
That's how they get 'ya.

*ordered a Dan Ginnelly ESP Rattler that I need like I need another hole in my head from Marshall Street to get over $50.00 four days ago*

That's how they get 'ya.

*ordered a Dan Ginnelly ESP Rattler that I need like I need another hole in my head from Marshall Street to get over $50.00 four days ago*

Took a friend to buy some birthday discs today at the local PIA. She's getting into DG after playing ultimate in college. She picked up a stunning pink/purple DG rattler and said this one feels really nice. I would have bought it for myself in a second. She's already got classic taste.

I grabbed a nice 175 Big Z neon green meatball to make myself feel better (and some other flavors).

So i was at the local disc golf course when i noticed this disc on the ground

khaZCTT.jpg

i asked the owner if he would consider trading for a new X comet that i have, and he said yes since i seemed so enthusiastic about the disc (he bought it about 15 or so years ago apparently)

i am super stocked - i have seen this stamp and was hoping for the a reprint but now i have an original.

now i am not sure if i should throw it or not.....

I love it when I find a disc that is in around a 7 condition that I would want to hold in the stash if it was unthrown. Since it's not unthrown, the resale value is shot and you can throw it with no guilt. If I ran across a Comet like that, I'd be throwing it.

Yeah I fought the urge to throw my second run ESP for quite a while haha, but it was yellow and one night I thought, "damn when will I want to sell this?"

It was about 4/5 yrs before I broke down, damn it flies as well as I knew it would. That's my weird blend esp/ but it has a firm grippy Z like feel. It's ESZ

Haven't taken the '20 tour series out for a true field session yet(still avoiding the courses too) but in my longest yard throw(200') they're not as stable as the '19. I agree with the konza_kid, similar to standard z for most of its flight but definitely wants to hook up and turn as it slows. For me, comet throws around 200' to maybe 130' I'm trying to throw them a little nose up so they'll stall by the basket. The '20 finishes hyzer rather than sitting flat. I got the impression that if thrown harder they would turn slightly but not want to stay over.

I going to throw a few in my "field bag" aka the stack of predators and wizards in my back seat. Looking forward to some wide open throws in the field to see how that LSS translates in other distance shots.

I love it when I find a disc that is in around a 7 condition that I would want to hold in the stash if it was unthrown. Since it's not unthrown, the resale value is shot and you can throw it with no guilt. If I ran across a Comet like that, I'd be throwing it.

And it is not like Discraft does not make an X Comet should that get lost. I will not use most discs OOP that I do not have replacements for, With XL being the Exception, or I use a new mold eventual replacement for the mold I am using, or I do not have backups as it is a currently made Disc mold in the plastic type I am using that I could just buy online or in a store.

And it is not like Discraft does not make an X Comet should that get lost. I will not use most discs OOP that I do not have replacements for, With XL being the Exception, or I use a new mold eventual replacement for the mold I am using, or I do not have backups as it is a currently made Disc mold in the plastic type I am using that I could just buy online or in a store.
Yeah, but...old stamp coolness*, man! You can't put a price on old stamp coolness*.

*is actually being serious :|

Something that is funny is that my go-to Comet from back in the day that I still own has a Kansas City Wide Open '97 stamp on it; in 1997 is was +1,000 kewl points for having the custom stamp. I can shove that in the bag and throw it all day and no one will notice or care, but stick a stock Saturn-stamped Comet that would have gotten me -1,000 kewl points in 1997 in the bag and people get excited and offer me money for it. What comes around goes around...

picture.php

That comment about an old tourney stamp is kind of useless without pics.

And I'll give you shipping plus $5 for your KCWOmet.*

*just wants to offer 3P money for his fancy old Comet

I lived through that era. I loved the music, but those tank tops were an affront to all things holy and unholy... and I pray they never come back in style.

Hair bands tried to kill rock music in the late 80's, grunge saved it.

And I'm pretty old.

Hair bands tried to kill rock music in the late 80's, grunge saved it.

And I'm pretty old.

Grunge killed rock for over a decade. It still has not recovered here in the states; I am forced to import my rock from Finland and the Alps now.

If hair bands were a bright pink Dragon, grunge would be a dirt colored Grove.

Last edited:
Grunge killed rock for over a decade. It still has not recovered here in the states; I am forced to import my rock from Finland and the Alps now.

If hair bands were a bright pink Dragon, grunge would be a dirt colored Grove.

Do not sully the Comet thread with thoughts of Poison and Cinderella. 🤮

On topic - still throwing my stock Z Comets, smooth like a Chris Cornell vocal.

Latest posts