• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Could you tour in one of these?

sprintermatt

Eagle Member
So you decide you want to be a pro disc golfer and tourn the country playing tournaments everywhere and anywhere. Could you do it in a vehicle like this?

Elio from Elio Motors... $6800 and up to 84 mpg highway. Seats 2.

Could you fit all your gear for cross country travels in this thing?

gDFO2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see why not. Kinda cool if you ask me.......... Depends on how much you pack.........

i travel light. all i need is my bag of discs, a few changes of clothes, my entourage of women. im good to go.

My crew cab truck felt small traveling to highbridge last fall so I cant even imagine being in this thing cross country. Im not even sure it could handle the trip itself with lots of courses off the beaten path this would be rough to get to Blue Ribbon Pines alone.. Seems a lot more like a city car and for use how you guys are saying-- even by design. Wtf are those wheel covers? I think we have potholes which would rip the whole wheel right off not to mention stuff like driving through mud etc..

Touring solo? Absolutely.

Touring with someone else? Not going to last past the first tour stop, if we even get that far.

Could I? Sure, I'm a backpacker, I'm used to carrying everything I need for a month on my back, I could fit it in that thing If I wanted to. Would I want to? Nah, I like my mini van.

At 84 mpg, probably doesn't have the power to escape a tight merge on the interstate. With such a long body to the weight, probably gets tossed by wind.
At $7k, a much better touring vehicle would be a well-traveled Lexus LS400, and you could use the left over $3500 on refreshing the suspension, a decent stereo system, a tuneup and gas for the whole summer.

I honestly don't think its possible after looking at more pictures of this thing and the inside is literally a jet cockpit.

elio-motors-4.jpg

hey! the back seat can fit my bag!

that said, i'm used to being in seats for hours at a time while plowing. as long as it's got a halfway decent stereo and i can jack in my phone, i'm good. why not?

You wouldnt catch me dead in any smart car...especially that one. I do however thank all that drive them cause you're saving more gas for my 10mpg truck.

The only way I'm ever actually going "on tour" is if I somehow fall into a set-for-life scenario. In which case I may as well buy myself a tour bus and hire a professional driver.

Latest posts