• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DBag Story of the Week

jcf5083

Double Eagle Member
My friend couldn't find a disc back in the woods so I told a group of ten hundred (okay, six) to play through the three of us. Me and my other friend had our second shots parked under the basket, and we went to go help our friend look for his disc. I very rarely leave a disc unattended, but for some reason I left it there today when I went to help. Sure enough, when I return to the basket, my disc was no where to be found. The group was on the next hole, and the conversation went like this:

Me: "Hey, did any of you guys accidentally pick up my disc by any chance?"
The group looks at their discs and all answers no.
I look back around the basket for a few moments and return to the group.
Me: "Do you guys mind if I look at your discs, I just want to make sure you guys didn't pick it up."
Then one of the guys in the group starts b***ching at me about how rude it was that I was accusing them of stealing, and I should mind my own business.

What comes next?

A girl in the group says, "Here it is!" and the disc is about 10 yards behind where the guy was sitting.
The guy looks up at me and says, "Oh yeah I forgot. I stole it and threw it over there."

It was a dumb thing to do, especially considering the disc he picked up was a 5/10 DX disc. Also, the guy still was shouting at me as I walked away about how I was a punk for looking for it.

I hate to play the age card, but what grown man decides he's going to steal from a 16 year old kid? Well folks, there's my DBag story of the week, and thanks for reading my rant.

my guess it was you who was stealing!!!

j/k.. that sucks that anyone would do it for any reason.

....and then throw a fit like a baby with a diaper full of sh!t.

Maybe it was just his head full of liquid dump....

I hate to play the age card, but what grown man decides he's going to steal from a 16 year old kid? Well folks, there's my DBag story of the week, and thanks for reading my rant.

Bravo for you for being the bigger man.:clap:

DB's come in all ages. I'm 55, and this would piss me off, too. And yes, there are good people out there, too. Just last week I got a call on the course, and a guy said he found my disc. I walked back a couple of holes and got it back from him. I didn't even know I had lost it, as we were playing a doubles round, and I left it laying when we played my partner's shot. Good karma for him...:thmbup:

I was showing a friend how to throw a thumber. It was my second drive for the hole and I forgot about the disc and left it. I realized it 2 holes later and went back for it. Two guys were walking through the course and had just walked where the disc was on the ground. I went back to look for it and it was gone. They denied having it. Oh and it was a newish 11x champ firebird. No one else had been there but me and them. Oh well. I wasn't going to pick a fight with them. If they want to lie about it that is on them.

Its okay, disc golf is quickly growing to have the most d-bags out of any sport, watch out Lacrosse. Went to a course I had not played before yesterday and it had no map and was super hard to find my way from hole to hole......people were giant a-holes about pointing me in the right direction and not throwing exactly the right line for blind basket holes that I had never played.

Its okay, disc golf is quickly growing to have the most d-bags out of any sport, watch out Lacrosse. Went to a course I had not played before yesterday and it had no map and was super hard to find my way from hole to hole......people were giant a-holes about pointing me in the right direction and not throwing exactly the right line for blind basket holes that I had never played.

Sorry you had a ****ty experience. Where you playing at Pettibone? Most of the "regulars" are pretty cool, but you will get randoms who think they are great and suck, and be d-bags.

Sorry you had a ****ty experience. Where you playing at Pettibone? Most of the "regulars" are pretty cool, but you will get randoms who think they are great and suck, and be d-bags.

Nah, Veterans in Arlington.

To be fair most of the courses I play normally the locals are cool, I am going to go back out and play the course again but when I do I will go very early and with a map.

You are right, that guy is a douche bag. Dont let it get you down though. I know there are more good people than bad in the world.

I disagree. I would go out on a limb and say that the scales are in favor of douchebags. Of course, I work a lot with different kids sports, which always brings out the worst in people...

I've got a better one. I was playing with a friend and he gets his disc lost in the woods. After 20 minutes of looking I have to bail because I had to get to my graduation thing for high school and he keeps looking. He never finds it, but the next morning he gets a call from a dude who says he has the disc and isn't gonna return it, and then the guy hangs up.

I've thrown and thought I was parked, only to find out I wasn't after walking to my lie.

That guy was a DB if he tried to steal your disc, but sometimes things aren't always what they seem to be.

eh, i wouldn't ask to rifle through other people's bags. It's a bit inconsiderate, but I can see where you are coming from

If this guy was already at the next tee when the OP approached him, asked about the disc, was denied, then walked back to the hole, looked around a bit more, THEN walked BACK to the group in front of him, I would have to assume that this DBAG was PREEEETTTTYYY far from the hole where the OP threw.

That being said, there is likely NO way that the OP's disc just "appeared" to be parked from the tee, and somehow ended up 10 yds behind this guy (who is presumably still playing the course, and moving up).

Plus, the DBAG stated, "oh yeah, i stole it"

Hmmmm

Latest posts