• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DBag Story of the Week

Thief isn't going to let you look in his bag and I wouldn't steal your disc, but I wouldn't let you rifle through my gear to prove it, either. You're way out of line asking and are likely to hear the 'F' word in the real world. Either way, you're just going to have to take the loss.

I've never had someone ask to inspect my bag for a missing disc, but if it were to happen I think I would say "Look...I don't have your disc. I don't steal discs. Sorry you lost your disc, but you ain't touching my bag." Then I might go help them look if they're not a total douche.

I'm not scared or insecure. Ask nicely and you can look through my bag any time. I'm not likely to have your lost disc stashed away, but if it gives you peace of mind, go for it. I would not be the least bit offended.

This is a bit different, stop comparing apple and oranges.

If you forget a disc in the basket on the last hole and you KNOW you have a group behind you and your disc "disappears" and the people behind you "didn't" see it the odds are extremely high that someone in the group bagged it...and you should ask to to check their bags.

I see your point. I might show them the discs in my bag to prove I don't have it but there is no chance in hell that I will let them physically touch and go through my bag.

I'm not scared or insecure. Ask nicely and you can look through my bag any time. I'm not likely to have your lost disc stashed away, but if it gives you peace of mind, go for it. I would not be the least bit offended.

That is the 'A' answer. Nothing to hide, simply look through quick and prove your are innocent.

Different question: Is some one a D-Bag, to call you about finding your disc and then expect you to pay for it?

I for one find it odd that you would call the number on the back of a disc, as if to return it, and then ask me to pay for it.

I had a similar story. It has gotten to the point where one has to hole out before looking for a lost disc and allowing a group to play through.

Different question: Is some one a D-Bag, to call you about finding your disc and then expect you to pay for it?

I for one find it odd that you would call the number on the back of a disc, as if to return it, and then ask me to pay for it.

In my book yes. If the disc has your name, number and says reward that's a different story but if they call assuming a reward that's a little douchey. I've returned a couple discs to people and usually I'm already at the park so I'll just give it back. If they expect me to meet them somewhere on their time I might ask for a reward now that I think about it.

To those with the "I would NEVER LET SOMEONE LOOK THROUGH MY BAG" comments, I agree with your views but I think in this situation it was much different. I knew where my disc was, the group played through, it wasn't there.

I have been falsely accused of stealing discs a couple times. One time two guys got pissed off and were acting like they were gonna fight if I didn't show them my bag. I did to prove a point and made them feel like sh!t when they found it 5 min later and we saw them where two holes cross. They said they were really sorry and ended up smoking with us and apologizing their guts out.

Another time was more recent when a big group let us play through. A couple holes later this bitch nonchalantly walked up and was like, "Hey could I bother you guys for a sec". "We lost a disc a couple holes back and I wanted to make sure you didn't have it.". The group had a bunch of people and sent the one girl as if that would make it ok. Again, I made them feel like sh!t cus im not a thief out here and get pissed when people have the nerve to ask if they can go through my bag.

Oh well though, I dont trip to much about it, but its rude as hell to ask someone that unless you absolutely 100% sure.

I had a similar thing happen to me. I was playing a hole with a new player that I was showing around. Some guy came up to us and kept asking if we saw his disc, apparently he had thrown it into our fairway. We both said we hadn't seen it. He asked us twice more, and kind of got up in our faces about it. She got all freaked out about it and hasn't played since.

This just happened to me a week ago. My buddy and I skipped a couple holes at a course and noticed I left a disc on the previous hole. I remember exactly where the disc stopped, because it hit a tree 100' out and dropped, and it was gone! I ran to the next hole and asked these 2 young guys, they said "No, but 2 guys just walked into the woods." So I responded "Yea...that was us, you were behind us and we jumped ahead." LOL!

In the end, I didn't want to start crap and ask to check their bags...but it was obvious what happened. If stealing my junky dx eagle makes you feel better, so be it.

If I was innocent, I would ask what color their lost disc was, and then show them every disc in my bag that was that color. Obviously I don't want some yahoo going through my bag but I also believe that if you're innocent theres no reason to leave doubt by refusing them access. Makes you sound 100% guilty

We have a course in illinois where this happens constantly. It happened in the middle of leagues a couple weeks ago. Sounds like a similar situation the course is old and flooded with these little bastard kids that think its awesome to steal discs. THe solution I have found is I just don't play there anymore.

I threw this long throw the other day at the course and as it turned left I heard it hit a tree out of sight.

This group standing at the next tee all pointed way right (like 150' right and into deep woods) of where I saw it disappear - it didn't pass back in front of me, so I know it didn't go where they swore it went. Three of the 4 people said they'd help me look and took off in the direction they were pointing before I got to them. I put down my bag and headed that direction saying - there is no way it went that way and again, all of them said it did.

I get about 20 steps in the direction that they said it was and my wife who was following up behind me with the kids yells that she found it. It was like 10 feet from where the group was standing at the next tee. All of a sudden they all said in unison, they must have heard a branch fall or something.

The whole thing seemed fishy to me.

It was a CE disc, i would have been upset to have 'lost' it.

Update: I perched the $#!T DX disc on top of a tree last week, and it's never coming down :thmbdown:.

In other news, I dropped my treasured CE Valkyrie on the same course (Blendon) earlier today, and I got a call from someone saying they found it in the fairway and asked if I could pick it up. You guys would never guess how old the guy was... 16 :clap:. I guess I can only rely on other kids to not be DBags on the course!

Latest posts