• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] DD Mystery Box Reveal

Do you feel like the mystery box was worth it?

• I ordered multiples.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I used my voucher to buy another one.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I would definitely buy another one.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • It was cool but I probably won't do it again.

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • I wasn't impressed.

Votes: 30 26.8%

• Total voters
I contacted DD and they said after their tourney this weekend they will make it right for me. The discs are cool and i look firward to trying some of them but my big thing is that all the discs total to 140 at their inflated prices. Then seeing others haul in 3 or 4 more same quality discs than I got

Billy we can definitely work something out for the wiz too! If I can ever get out again lol

Their customer service team must have been out golfing all day because they didn't respond to my email. It's one thing if they actually provided a tracking number on my order so I can at least see if the rest of my order is coming or not. Does this company usually split up shipments on certain products? Never ordered from them before..

I ordered a stool with some other stuff and I believe the stool came split from the discs

Ok I ordered the $150 box and wasn't that happy so I went on to the DD site and put in my cart all the discs and things I got and it came to $220. So guaranteed to be double is a bunch of BS. This is the first time I have bought anything from DD and the last. Not happy.

IMG_0865.jpg

I think this would be Innova's new Lycan midrange. Or a Coyote.

I don't understand why people complain when they get a mystery box and it does not live up to their standards. It's gamble. That's why they call it a mystery box. If I bought something for 150 and could sell it for 220 or trade those discs for other discs then I would consider it a win. I know the website says double and maybe they inflated that number a little but come on your getting quality discs at between 11-12. If your buying them at a store or online your paying more and if your buying from DGRC you are most likely paying a little over the $11-12 but I think overall the DD deal is a good one if you keep an open mind

I don't understand why people complain when they get a mystery box and it does not live up to their standards. It's gamble. That's why they call it a mystery box. If I bought something for 150 and could sell it for 220 or trade those discs for other discs then I would consider it a win. I know the website says double and maybe they inflated that number a little but come on your getting quality discs at between 11-12. If your buying them at a store or online your paying more and if your buying from DGRC you are most likely paying a little over the $11-12 but I think overall the DD deal is a good one if you keep an open mind

They did use the word guarantee with regards to 2x the value, did they not?

I'm getting my $100 box Monday and I have a weird feeling that two $50 boxes might have been a better bet based on what I've seen so far. Still, I haven't seen any boxes that made me shake my fist in anger.. It's just probably going to take us all some trading, etc., to get the full value out of our boxes. Time to build my marketplace rep!

Definitely looking forward to the unveiling, though!

seems like this is a way for dd to get rid of stuff in their inventory that might be hard to sell or just doesnt sell well with a few new goodies. glad i dont bother with mystery boxs.

i think the mystery boxs that were started on here before dd did this were better gambles lol

I think "value" is the key word in their guarantee. Not street price.

Ding Ding Ding

The DGCR marketplace is a terrible guideline to judge the value of plastic. People get swindled daily by hyper-inflated prices due to bogus distcintions of "runs" of discs, etc.

This also causes whatever isn't popular due to those selfsame BS run distinctions to sell for super cheap, even though it's the same disc.

:p golfers' mental hangups are funny

I think "value" is the key word in their guarantee. Not street price.

I would say the definition of value would be what they physically charge on their website currently for the 100% exact same discs. That's what we are basing out complaints on, and mine totaled $140. I was completely expecting $200 worth of discs at their prices (which are horrible prices IMO, but that's besides the point and not the basis of any complaints), and they guaranteed me that $200 value. I highly doubt that there is a single disc in my pack that would be considered higher value, especially since they are all in production ready to buy on their site. So I don't think there is any other way possible to define "value". If it was a bunch of OOP stuff that has a subjective value, I wouldn't be this upset, but this is all in production ready to buy at their site.

Just FYI any CryZtal or CryZtal FLX plastic that people don't want - look me up for trades :D :thmbup:

PS whoever had that Sparkle Q Astra - SICK!

just got mine today

172 cheetah
175 star vulcan (sick bowling green am championship stamp)
175 glow boss(cedar hill chill stamp)
182 2011 discraft ace race disc
170 esp nebula
169 cryztal FLX challenger
173 soft wiz (DD stamp)
176 mvp vector
1 glass blown open dry shirt
1 dd tshirt
1 dd flex fit hat
1 dd coozie
1 dd mini
1 dd patch
1 dd buzzz patch
10 dollar gift certificate.

overall i was pretty stoked with it.

I don't understand why people complain when they get a mystery box and it does not live up to their standards. It's gamble. That's why they call it a mystery box.
Because a bunch of people on here have an entitlement complex the size of Alaska and think a gamble should mean them winning every time.

seems like this is a way for dd to get rid of stuff in their inventory that might be hard to sell or just doesnt sell well with a few new goodies.
This is true of most any mystery package regarding anything. Even Discrafts's miscraft packs. Booking hotel rooms on a "name your own price" deal like Priceline comes to mind. You're not going to score a good deal for a room during peak price season, but if you're need a room on a Tuesday in the middle of dead season, you'll probably make out pretty good.