• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

Sometime in the near future they will be available. DGA only made one limited run for a select few events and the team so far.
I just picked up a breaker that feels less durable than my pro line or SP and I'm thinking if its d-line. Black with a DGA team stamp. Feels great, I can't wait to throw it.

I just picked up a breaker that feels less durable than my pro line or SP and I'm thinking if its d-line. Black with a DGA team stamp. Feels great, I can't wait to throw it.

DGA came out with a very small test run of D-line Breakers in black and white, so you could be onto one! :clap: They are a lot less stable than the Proline and SP Breakers which make them great for putting.

DGA came out with a very small test run of D-line Breakers in black and white, so you could be onto one! :clap: They are a lot less stable than the Proline and SP Breakers which make them great for putting.
Pretty excited to hear that. Look forward to beating it in.

Pretty excited to hear that. Look forward to beating it in.

Sounds like you definitely have a D-Line Breaker. I'm loving mine for approach shots. For some reason, I have more confidence throwing them versus the Proline and SP, must be the grip, or the flatness.. Amazing disc though! Now DGA just needs to make a SP Flex Breaker.. I keep bugging them to do so! :)

Sounds like you definitely have a D-Line Breaker. I'm loving mine for approach shots. For some reason, I have more confidence throwing them versus the Proline and SP, must be the grip, or the flatness.. Amazing disc though! Now DGA just needs to make a SP Flex Breaker.. I keep bugging them to do so! :)
If I'm a fan where can I get more? Are these going to be production run soon?

I think there will eventually be a production run, but it won't be anytime soon. Maybe next year? I thought they had them on their agenda for sometime this year but thought wrong.. sorry!

I might have missed it earlier in this thread, but aren't Discraft Ringers the same mold for Breakers minus the vinylgroove bottom? I putt Pro-line, drive SP, and have a stack of D-line Ringers for putting practice along with my Pros.

The D-lines beat in quickly, but started out with the same stability (for putts) as my Pro Breakers.

I've heard others dismiss the Ringer comparison, but I've never thrown one. I think the D-line Breaker would be a great putter option. I use my SP for turbo putts.

Also, the "vinyl grooves" are on my Squall and Hurricane, just less noticeable. I don't get the concern. Posts about the "different" bottom almost prevented me from getting a Breaker. When I got it, it was laughable what a small detail it is. I heard someone say it caused it to slip. This is overhyped and bogus. These types probably also can't get over all the raised wording on discs. If it weighs that heavy on your mind, invest 2min with some sandpaper. Like I said before, if it wasn't pointed out, I might've missed it.

Can't source a ringer locally to compare but I'd love to know if the breaker and ringer are really close to the same disc. If so I'll order a few pro-d ringers online. D-line breaker has quickly become my favorite approach disc.

Can't source a ringer locally to compare but I'd love to know if the breaker and ringer are really close to the same disc. If so I'll order a few pro-d ringers online. D-line breaker has quickly become my favorite approach disc.

buy a couple they are very similar.

Already lost my SP Parking Break. Left in the basket at 18 and never got a call. I guess somebody else thought it was pretty sweet, too.

I just wanted to drop some praise for the breaker. I played in a tournament this weekend where almost all the holes were out of my range for getting near the basket off of the tee. The breaker kept me within 10' of the pin on my 2nd shot from 75' to 200' out. Easily the best upshot disc out there.

Played my 2nd round with the breaker today and was really impressed with how it handled the wind. Might be my new favorite BH & fh approach disc.

I just wanted to drop some praise for the breaker. I played in a tournament this weekend where almost all the holes were out of my range for getting near the basket off of the tee. The breaker kept me within 10' of the pin on my 2nd shot from 75' to 200' out. Easily the best upshot disc out there.

So which one is your favorite? Sounds like you have all three. Also, how has the D-Line Breaker beat in?

So which one is your favorite? Sounds like you have all three. Also, how has the D-Line Breaker beat in?
Sorry, saw this when you posted but was too lazy to post from my phone. Forgot to respond.

D-Line was probably my favorite but I took it out of my bag due to fear of loving it too much, losing it, and not being able to find a replacement. The feel of the plastic is what I loved about it the most and I know I couldn't get that by replacing it with Pro-D ringers.

With that being said the Pro-line breaker is starting break in a bit and I love it. For me its like an easy to release SS wizard with 1/2 the glide. Super easy to range and perfectly straight with a small fade.

I bag a SP too thats more overstable. I mainly use that for hyzers or straight shots that I want to fade a bit more.

I finally got one of these today (SP 174). I don't know how they will break in, but brand new, the best approach disc I've ever thrown in windy conditions (constant winds of 15mph with gusts up to 30mph). On a dozen or so approaches from 150-250 feet at an open basket (crosswind both ways, headwind and tailwind), every shot landed 10 feet or closer. Easy to gauge and dead straight on a hard low line. Right in the bag.

Breaker revival!

I've been throwing my SP Breaker since the beginning of summer & I cannot picture my bag without it. It is the perfect combination of over stability with broad versatility. I throw it on all kinds of shots including forehands, roller, hyzer approaches, tight S approaches, etc. The pancake flat top combined w/ the subtle groove at the nose, creates a disc that fits like a glove in a multitude of grips.

I'm a Z/Champion fan and the SP breaker fits perfectly into my OS driving putter slot. For anyone wanting a new driving putter that can kill winds, sit and stick & remain overstable for a long time, check out the DGA breaker. They're a wildly underrated mold.

Yes, all of this. After I left my Pro-D Zone behind accidentally, I replaced it with a P-line Breaker. I missed the extra OS, so I tried the SP Breaker and it's a winner. I almost aced with it on a flex line once. It is very versatile.

Latest posts