• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Gel Strapz vs. Phenix Quad Shocks

Which do you prefer?

• DGA Gel Strapz

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Phenix Quad Shocks

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters
this thread interests me
I have the Gels and the ride adjustment sliders don't hold in place and so eventually the bag slips down too low

I was looking at getting the Phenix (assuming I don't do something bag wise instead)

I have both straps and although the DGA strapz are much more comfortable. It was only a few month before the fabric that covers the elastic (top front near the logo) began to tear away. Turns out it doesn't decrease the durability or strength of the Strapz. It just looks like they are about to fall apart. So I have to go with the Phenix straps. I still have my very first pair (approx 4yrs old) and there are no signs of these things failing!
The other thing is, you can buy the so called DGA Gel Strapz at Home Depot under a different name (Brown Bag tool straps?). Here is the kicker....They are $10 to $15 cheaper!

Thanks DGA!

this thread interests me
I have the Gels and the ride adjustment sliders don't hold in place and so eventually the bag slips down too low

I was looking at getting the Phenix (assuming I don't do something bag wise instead)
I put some electrical tape just under the sliders, because of the same issues. Since I did that, I've had no problems with them sliding down. Another friend put a saftey pin through the straps and then covered it with duct tape. Also, no problem after doing that.

The other thing is, you can buy the so called DGA Gel Strapz at Home Depot under a different name (Brown Bag tool straps?). Here is the kicker....They are $10 to $15 cheaper!

This is what I'm planning on doing when I upgrade bag size. Any personal accounts?

Ugghhh. I hate this thread. I just spent money today upgrading from the Innova Straps to the Gel Straps because they are infinitely more comfortable. Now this thread is telling me I wasted money because there was nothing really wrong with my Innova's, I just wanted more comfort. I was waffling between these, the Quad Shocks, and the Lat Straps. Skipped on Lat because they were really designed to go with their Pro Bags. I ultimately went with the Gel because unless it is a tournament really dragging on requiring me to sit, I usually stand and keep my bag on. The gel in the shoulders looked like a great deal, and hopefully they will be.

Oh well, now I am informed and know what to expect out of them.

This is what I'm planning on doing when I upgrade bag size. Any personal accounts?
So the straps at Home Depot are called...Made by the Brown Bag Co. (ya right!). They are called: Toolrider GSX Gel foam suspenders and they go for $25.99. Aside from the cell phone pocket on the left shoulder. They are the same straps.
I have not tried the Lat 64 straps, but the Phenix quads are very well constructed.

While I have only tried the quad shocks I would definitely recommend them over anything else. I have had the same shocks on my bag for about 4.5 years now and they still have great padding and are in very good condition. If I were to just wash them and get some of the dirt off you would think they were new. My friend has the Innova ones and they have a good rip on them and feel no where near as comfortable on your back.

I accidently voted gels but im all for the quads! They are the only straps ill ever buy again. Quality straps and great Customer service. I ordered quads for my girl, they didnt have the color in the cheaper ones so the owner called me to let me know he was upgrading them tothe lockdowns for free and including free stuff. Very nice guy, i was 100% happy after our first dealing and after this last order im 150% happy. Like i said ill never buy another brand straps again, and its worth it to buy direct just in case you have a similar situation. Plus not all the colors are available from other stores

Also ive had the innova straps and their crappy plastic hardware on them broke in less than a month. Replaced it with metal d rings and metal clips like the quads and they were good to go. Not as comfy at quads but ok straps for the price. The lat64 straps look very simlar just a different logo

I bought the Gel Straps back in December and they look just the way the do when brand new. I play at least four rounds a week. I don't know if I got the best one they ever made or if I just make sure to take really good care of them knowing the problems people have had with them. I found out two days after I ordered them that they supposedly fall apart after a few months.

I have had the DGA Gel Straps since they came out (the same time my Innova straps crapped out) and they still look and feel brand new. I do agree with the slippage, but on mine it happens gradually over the course of 7 or 8 rounds. I usually adjust them before I start a round and no problems.

straps

So the straps at Home Depot are called...Made by the Brown Bag Co. (ya right!). They are called: Toolrider GSX Gel foam suspenders and they go for $25.99. Aside from the cell phone pocket on the left shoulder. They are the same straps.
I have not tried the Lat 64 straps, but the Phenix quads are very well constructed.

Anybody use these? Im seriousely thinking about buying these.

I have gel straps and am switching to quad shocks. The gel straps are really uncomfortable when Im wearing a cut off or no shirt. Plus they slide.

Just got my Quads last night. I won't be able to play 'till Sunday, but they feel good so far! We'll see!

I've been using the Brown Bag Tool Riders for about 5 months now without any problems. Well aside from the adjustment buckles slipping a little bit. They are uber comfy with my silverback loaded down with discs, accessories, and 2 full nalgenes.

Latest posts