• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Gel Strapz vs. Phenix Quad Shocks

Which do you prefer?

• DGA Gel Strapz

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Phenix Quad Shocks

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters
My buddy showed up with his brand new Innova straps, and after two rounds two of his elastic "shocks" were torn. He was not happy at all. To their credit, he e-mailed Innova, and they apologized and are overnighting a new set to him.

is this a new feature? the innova straps i had didnt have any kind of shock... all they did was make squeeking noises and look cool for 25 bucks. decent straps for the money tho, knowing what i know now tho id spend the extra $10 and get quads

Quads FTW. Although, will be completely honest, i haven't actually had a chance to use mine yet. Got them over the winter. Just the ones i got after trying them both on at the store

Quizahhhdsssss!

Most comfortable thing this side of texas. I can carry a ton of discs and beer and it feels like I'm carrying a feather.

is this a new feature? the innova straps i had didnt have any kind of shock... all they did was make squeeking noises and look cool for 25 bucks. decent straps for the money tho, knowing what i know now tho id spend the extra $10 and get quads

He's got the set with the rain fly across the back. Don't know how new the shocks are, but they didn't last long.

Is the sternum strap worth the extra $5.

Can this be purchased after the fact and added to my Quads?

Loving these things, BTW. Got a few long multi-round days in, and feel fresher. As an added bonus, they keep my beers from getting shaken up!

No I don't think. I know they wouldn't be used from hole to hole, but for longer walks it might help, or is the strap useless add-on?

Is the sternum strap worth the extra $5.

The Brown's Gel straps have the sternum strap. It is very handy for when I've stood on a tee and throw every disc in my bag or any other time where a good long walk is coming. It really seems to snug things up, and makes the bag feel lighter, and more secure.

ok so I went to HD looking for the Brown Bag Co ToolRiderGS Gelfoam Suspenders that were mentioned here, guess they are order only.. but I did find an extra set of "suspenders" from one of their tool bag sets, the "Dead On Professional PROFESSIONAL FRAMERS SUSPENSION RIG " there were 2 pairs of suspenders and only one set of bags. I asked the manager what I could get them for, same price as the other suspenders they carried, $8! These are pretty sweet, very well built, the connecting piece between the straps is actually a handle so that adds another way to move the bag without it tipping. Also instead of the alligator clips like most construction suspenders have including the ones from BrownBag Co, these have metal clasps. I think the plastic on my bag will give out long before the suspenders will. and the shoulder area has gel.. so it was win all the way around! It's definitely worth a look at HD or Lowes before dropping $25-$40 on a set from another source. :hfive:

Straps.jpg

Forgot to add to last post

Also instead of the alligator clips like most construction suspenders have including the ones from BrownBag Co ...

LOLZ ... Toolriders have metal clasps, not alligator clips.

Exhibit A:

7d053041-4465-4799-a3ba-dca8ff37c277_400.jpg

Did you not read the "most" part of the statement. Most have metal alligator clasps because they hook directly to the belt, the only ones with the metal hooks seem to be for bags that are made for those kind, not real common in the construction world that I've been in for the last 15 years. We just use the simple suspenders to hold up our bags, in fact if I were to to show up with those on site I'd probably get some good natured ribbing. That and the ones with hooks wouldn't hold up my bags for work. and the pic from HD online shows it with alligator clips. :) simple misunderstanding. Don't be a douche.

I think I see what your intended point was but I don't feel like arguing right now about the placement of "most" so whatevs.

Happy chucking

Sincerely,
Douche :)

Woohoo! must be the first ever internet discussion ended before blowing up into a giant pile of crap! Thank you for taking the high road
Happy Chucking to you aswell!

Douche2 :)

Figured it out: The Toolrider GS have alligator clasps. The Toolrider GSX have metal carabiner style clasps.

We were both right :thmbup:

I have only had the Quads on my bag, and I have no problems with them, and I have had them for over a year now. I have tried my friends DGA straps, and I just didn't find them that comfortable.

Have had my quads for close to a season - so far so good.
I haven't heard many negative comments towards quads... seem to be the gold standard.

I just switched from the gel straps to the quads and so far I like the quads better. The Gel straps were comfortable, but not quite as solid as the quads. The thing that annoyed me most about the gel straps were they were always getting tangled or twisted around because there was not anything solid in the middle to keep them from getting twisted. These were some of the first ones they put out though. So they lasted me about a year and a half. They are still in fine condition minus a rip in the stiching on one side. But overall I think the quads are a bit more solid.

I just switched from the gel straps to the quads and so far I like the quads better. The Gel straps were comfortable, but not quite as solid as the quads. The thing that annoyed me most about the gel straps were they were always getting tangled or twisted around because there was not anything solid in the middle to keep them from getting twisted. These were some of the first ones they put out though. So they lasted me about a year and a half. They are still in fine condition minus a rip in the stiching on one side. But overall I think the quads are a bit more solid.

I have the Brown Bag version and this is exactly how I feel. Almost every time I go to pick a disc or grab my bag I'm fumbling with the stupid straps.

I'm just waiting for them to fall apart so I can get some Quads.. Either that or invest in a good backpack instead.

I love my Quads. I haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. That goes for the straps, too.

Latest posts