• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Gel Strapz vs. Phenix Quad Shocks

Which do you prefer?

• DGA Gel Strapz

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Phenix Quad Shocks

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Went out and bought the Brown Bag Co's straps. Seem nice. I like the extra ring and carbiner clip. The cell phone pocket isnt tall enough for my droid incredible but it will hold it. HOWEVER, my Revo Carolina was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I checked tracking and it said it was "missent"! WTH! I dont even know what that means. So much for priority shipping! Have no idea when it will arrive now.

I have the Brown's straps. They seem fine quality wise so far. I got them for $20 shipped back in September or October of last year from the Marketplace. They seem fine quality wise and are very comfortable.

The only downside so far is the adjusters not staying in place. They move a lot! I could adjust them several times around if I cared too. They don't move far, but it still bothers me sometimes.

FYI, the Brown Bag Straps have longer straps, than the DGA Straps, since they're meant to hold a tool belt around the waist. This means that they are less adjustable within the useable range due to the fact the clip gets max'd out while the strap is still relatively long.

I've had the gel straps for a couple months. Dragged them through a 30 course marathon bagging binge when I was out in Oklahoma and they still look new. Although It may still be a little early, I can't say anything bad. They still look great and feel great.

Just went by Home Depot and found a pair of the Tool Riders. Seemed durable and high quality, but I'm not buying them until my new bag comes in and I take it to a store and test it out.

Brown bag Straps

Im in the same boat waiting for my bag to come. I bought them anyway. If I dont like them I plan on taking them back.

Got my Quad Shocks about a month ago. So comfortable.

Since it doesn't mention shock absorbtion in the description and judging by the price I would say that you would be better of with the Quad Straps or Gel Straps...that is unless you have a Revo bag and they have some sort of design feature that make it work better with that bag.

Cant tell. The website doeesnt say jack about them, other than they are out of stock.

so how would everyone rate the overall $$bang for you buck$$

this seems to be the vide of the overall order:
Quads - second most comfortable, longest lasting
Lat 64 pro
revo
Dga gel - most comfortable, least longest lasting
Brown Bag Tool Riders - cheapest, fit isn't made for dg bags
innova

I've had my Quads for a little over a year now and have been very happy with them. I have friends that have DGA and Lat64 to compare and the Quads are the best. DGA straps are comfy but I like the way the Phenix hold their shape when you take them off and they look like they will last another year at least.

Got to use my quads for the first time Sunday on a pretty long course. Loved 'em! They really kept my whole body fresh throughout the day.

My buddy showed up with his brand new Innova straps, and after two rounds two of his elastic "shocks" were torn. He was not happy at all. To their credit, he e-mailed Innova, and they apologized and are overnighting a new set to him.

Brown Bag Tool Riders - cheapest, fit isn't made for dg bags

That's a negative ghost rider. Fit is identical to DGA's GelStrapz. I had both and laid them out side-by-side. They're exactly the same and equally as uber-comfy. The Tool Rider straps are cheaper and have a lot more bells and whistles:

Cell phone pocket
Loops for caribeaners or anything else
Metal loop for easy pickup and hanging

As I understand things from seeing this same poll a dozen times, Brown Bag Company Tool riders are the best bang for the buck, but the Quads are the most comfortable and durable, but also the most expensive. Which one you buy is based on whether you want something cheap and comfortable that you may have to mod but you might have to replace, or if you'd rather pony up the extra cash up front and have something that will likely last damn near forever.

Skipped on Lat because they were really designed to go with their Pro Bags.

Huh?
IMAG0252.jpg

Next time I'm out with someone that has quads maybe we'll swap and see. The lat64 ones seem to have a bit more padding than the quads, but don't have "shocks". Though I'm skeptical about how big a difference those shocks make...but, I'll just have to trade straps with FrankD and see.

And if you give me any lip, I'll sick Panda on you. Beware....

Last edited:
Brown bag

That's a negative ghost rider. Fit is identical to DGA's GelStrapz. I had both and laid them out side-by-side. They're exactly the same and equally as uber-comfy. The Tool Rider straps are cheaper and have a lot more bells and whistles:

Cell phone pocket
Loops for caribeaners or anything else
Metal loop for easy pickup and hanging

As I understand things from seeing this same poll a dozen times, Brown Bag Company Tool riders are the best bang for the buck, but the Quads are the most comfortable and durable, but also the most expensive. Which one you buy is based on whether you want something cheap and comfortable that you may have to mod but you might have to replace, or if you'd rather pony up the extra cash up front and have something that will likely last damn near forever.

Bought a pair of the brown bags while Im waiting on my new Carolina bag ot come in. They are very comfortable but the cell phone pocket is way to small for any phone made recently. Also the price has went up to $29.99. Thats $5 cheaper than regular Quads. Not bashing them but I did send them back. I bought a pair of Quads in the end because for $5 more I got a imo the best looking set for my back. But the Brown Bags are not bad at all. I would rate them justs below the Quads over all. If the cell pocket worked and they looked a little better (I know, not made for disc golf) then they be the best. But thats just my opinion.

I amy have to check out the Brown Bags. I really like my quads but after three years the elastic has become a bit stretched out and doesn't have the shock absorbing they did before. If I get a pair I'll post my thoughts.

Latest posts