• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I aced Hole 2 at Devans DGC a whopping 135' in warm ups for a tourney. 1st and only throw so a legit ace. My glow zone which I have been itching to ace with so that was cool. The bad thing was I immediately had the thought that it was a bad sign for the tourney and whether it was the self defeating thought or the ace itself I proceeded to play like crap the rest of the day. At least I got my second Ace of the year as a consolation.

7c6771e2d4964abc7ba8ae25879fcae3.jpg

While I failed to get another ace I did at the very least bird the hole two more times.

I aced hole 14 at riverside park in west bend last tuesday with one of my beadless KC aviars, I think it was 204 feet. It was really windy and the first time I'd ever played the course (and will be for a long time). That was ace #6 and 1st one of 2013.

Prodigy Ace

Hole 11 league doubles oak island in albert lea.. 265 ft staight on a blind downhill basket. Prodigy m3 proto 175g first throw of the day and didnt pay the ace fund because i didnt feel i had a good chance to hit any.....:wall:

73131_10200869324357705_460479499_n.jpg

9th Career Ace (and first of 2013) at hole 15 at the world-famous Phantom Falls in Pine, CO (my buddy Geoff in the background was none to pleased with me, haha). About 250 feet, downhill on a tight gap. I threw a Star Teebird, trying to park it, and smacked a tree about 70 feet from the basket...threw my disc down and into a roller that hit a large rock and dropped right into the basket.

So after 9 aces in 20 plus years of playing, I've had exactly 1 that was skill...the other 8, just like this one, were all luck (if I hadn't hit that tree, I would have flown past the basket by an easy 50 feet if not more...)

2nd Ace of the Year came at Hole 5 on Mary Beth Doyle in Ann Arbor. A super wooded hole where there is only one line to hit really and that is a nice sweeping anny. Playing for skins buddy parked it and I went up took the shot with my Aviar and nailed the chains dead center for 4 skins =)

Hole 11 league doubles oak island in albert lea.. 265 ft staight on a blind downhill basket. Prodigy m3 proto 175g first throw of the day and didnt pay the ace fund because i didnt feel i had a good chance to hit any.....:wall:

Witnissed this one, nice shot - seems like that one gets hit once a week or so. Didn't quite give us the edge for the win, still lost by 1.

73131_10200869324357705_460479499_n.jpg

9th Career Ace (and first of 2013) at hole 15 at the world-famous Phantom Falls in Pine, CO (my buddy Geoff in the background was none to pleased with me, haha). About 250 feet, downhill on a tight gap. I threw a Star Teebird, trying to park it, and smacked a tree about 70 feet from the basket...threw my disc down and into a roller that hit a large rock and dropped right into the basket.

So after 9 aces in 20 plus years of playing, I've had exactly 1 that was skill...the other 8, just like this one, were all luck (if I hadn't hit that tree, I would have flown past the basket by an easy 50 feet if not more...)

Impressive! You hit a tree and then the disc rolled into a rock and popped it up into the basket? Crazy! Also I like that basket design. Looks like if you hit the top of the basket it would help guide the disc down into it...instead of just bang it and fall to the ground! :)

Impressive! You hit a tree and then the disc rolled into a rock and popped it up into the basket? Crazy! Also I like that basket design. Looks like if you hit the top of the basket it would help guide the disc down into it...instead of just bang it and fall to the ground! :)

Yeah, my buddy Geoff (in the background of the pic) birdied the hole with almost the same shot, but much closer. Hit a tree that turned his M3 into an unintentional "scoober" that slid, hit a rock and bumped it into the tray on the right side. It's a really fun hole.

Ace #3 of year and short dg career. 204 ft blind basket down below an awkward boulder 15 ft drop with Blurple DD Lucid Escape..And also my buddy got his first ace last week and he's not on this site but i figured I'd note it Hole 1 Brakewell Warwick NY with his trusty champ tee bird

1st Ace ever and of the year. Skipped into the basket on Hole 10 at Muldraugh with a 175 Star Roadrunner

Last edited:
Buffalo Ridge
Alternate 6 (AKA Hole "J") Backet "C". Not sure how far... it's an unoffical hole, but it was still good for $100!!

Hole #13 on my private course, Sunday doubles. Straight 120' Ace run, Anode through the trees. Tied another team and they crumbled under the pressure for a first. Good for $30.

Hadn't even gotten a chance to post #3 this year when I hit #4. Bought a new big stamp KC Worlds Z Drone and that Wednesday hit 205' hyzer ace on hole 5 of The Wilds DGC in Brevard, NC. Then on Friday, I drove down to Greer, SC to play Century Park. Played with two new players and one got to witness an ace for the first time as I drilled hole 16 with a Cryztal Zone. I bought that disc from jcrabb66 on Feb. 8 and already have 3 aces with it!

Hadn't even gotten a chance to post #3 this year when I hit #4. Bought a new big stamp KC Worlds Z Drone and that Wednesday hit 205' hyzer ace on hole 5 of The Wilds DGC in Brevard, NC. Then on Friday, I drove down to Greer, SC to play Century Park. Played with two new players and one got to witness an ace for the first time as I drilled hole 16 with a Cryztal Zone. I bought that disc from jcrabb66 on Feb. 8 and already have 3 aces with it!

I play 2-5 times a week and have only had one ace ever and you have had 4 this year?!?!

1st ace of the year! #2 @ land of memories in mankato mn. 1st skip ace ever as well! my blizz boss is now a 4 time ace disc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts