• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR iOS Out!

Hopefully soon, yes. The developer is still working on the big under the hood update for the app but I'm hoping that will be done this weekend. Once that is out he will start working on all the stuff to catch Android up to iOS (player order, starting hole, custom pins, etc.)

That will be fantastic, here in Wisconsin most of the courses that I play have multiple pin placements and there are rarely updated here on DGCR, so when I get to play them the scorecard on here and the actual course rarely match-up.

Would it be possible to update the website from the phone app.???

It would certainly be possible, particularly if you pick an existing position. Right now it will save the custom par/distance for the round (or possibly until the app checks the course for the current info). I do like the idea of a pin position choice being sent over to the site though. I'll just have to think through what that would entail from a technical standpoint.

The ability to indicate the current pin position, while keeping score, would really be a great enhancement as far as ensuring the pin placements on the hole info page are kept up to date.

I'll try to figure out the logistics behind it. From an app stand point, I think it would be a 2 second add for the developers. From my standpoint, I need to figure out how to do it smoothly with the information that I would be sent. I will stand by my statement of not thinking it will be too hard :D

Does inputting the weather have any affect on the rating generated for the round, if it's raining or the winds are strong?

Latest posts