• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Drops New Media Outlook for 2019

Has anyone thought that it's not out of the realm of possibilities that the dgpt could hire a capable crew of videographers to film, put together a good product and be just fine?

When it comes to media, it's easier to copy than it is to innovate. If he's willing to pay for it, I'm sure he'll have no problem putting out a quality product.

When it comes to media, it's easier to copy than it is to innovate. If he's willing to pay for it, I'm sure he'll have no problem putting out a quality product.
There is the rub, pay for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I hope that Steve Dodge and his new DGPT video crew are watching the Tiger vs Phil match today and taking notes. This is as close as ball golf coverage gets to disc golf's single card coverage format.

One important point to consider: make sure to find quieter blimps.

That's probably the sticking point. He's said he wants to do 'more with less'. And I guess Jomez and CCDG have been putting in a huge amount of 'unpaid' extra time and effort to get their product to where it is. If the DGPT wants to just simply hire a film crew, of the shelf, for lead and chase card, MPO & FPO, and get a similar standard as Jomez and CCDG, well my guess is they can't afford it yet. Hence them trying to strike a deal with Jomez.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

In a masterstroke of brilliance, Steve Dodge solves both the filming problem and the self-officiating problem by forcing the players to film themselves during play.

DGPT Facebook Page said:
The DGPT is pleased to release the first of two parts to our 2019 media plan. It has been a very busy offseason with moving pieces across several areas of the sport. A full media plan entails many working parts and delays to releasing information have been due to efforts to include all interested partners in the plan.
A few weeks ago the DGPT was in a position to release Part 1 of our 2019 media plan and planned to make that announcement. New information and discussions arose and it became clear that it was best for all involved to delay the announcement until those discussions were final. We thank our fans and supporters for your patience.
Please refer to the attached graphics for details. First, we will be improving the live broadcast through better video quality, more graphics, and expanded coverage. Expanded coverage includes showing FPO live, as well as including other action on the course (outside of lead cards) during both the FPO and MPO live broadcasts. In addition, we will be bringing the quality of FPO1 and MPO2 edited coverage to both the level and turn-around time that we have grown to love and expect for MPO1. The next day edited coverage will continue to be a high-quality production that proudly showcases the best athletes in our sport. Other notable additions include expanding the number of pros that offer their insights during the next day edited coverage as well as the ability to integrate players from MPO2 who challenge for the win into both the live broadcast and edited coverage.
Part 2 of the DGPT 2019 media plan will include more details on updated standards, information on assignments for our video teams, as well as media partners that we will be working with throughout the season. The Tour has high-quality video options in place for 2019 and will deliver, as it has in the past, excellent media for its events that help push the sport forward and provide opportunities for fans across the world to watch your favorite players compete.
Quality media is critical to the continued growth of disc golf. We will always focus on ensuring that the quality of the media created meets the growing expectations of our disc golf audience. This includes bringing on individuals who are experienced in disc golf media, filming, editing, motion graphics, and audio engineers. Additionally, we have created and defined opportunities for existing media teams to work with us at Pro Tour events so that they can continue to grow their brands and benefit from the amazing talent of our sport's best athletes.

Oh boy...

All that uproar...and delay...and hiring Jeff Spring as their public relations guy...and nothing really changed...

That's a whole lot of text that doesn't seem to be saying much. Boiling this down, it looks like they're saying:

• MPO1, MPO2, and FPO1 will have next-day coverage
  • They're bringing in new commentators
  • "media partners" = smaller existing video teams besides CCDG (and probably Jomez), since Ian says on Reddit they're not working with DGPT period this year

Am I reading this right?

That's a whole lot of text that doesn't seem to be saying much. Boiling this down, it looks like they're saying:

• MPO1, MPO2, and FPO1 will have next-day coverage
  • They're bringing in new commentators
  • "media partners" = smaller existing video teams besides CCDG (and probably Jomez), since Ian says on Reddit they're not working with DGPT period this year

Am I reading this right?

Pretty much it besides: Live coverage for all events, FPO as well. They'll also have cameras ready in case someone from the chase card challenges for the win.

I'm curios what the quality will be like, especially with statements saying "[quality] and turnaround time you've grown to love and expect" referring to MPO2 and FPO1 coverage. Seems like a stretch.

If the announce team is any combination of TM, DJ, and/or SD, I'll be supremely disappointed.

That's a whole lot of text that doesn't seem to be saying much.

Yep. A lot of words and zero context.

I found it interesting the mention of more 'media partners' - when it seemed the whole premise of the change was to bring all of the media work in-house.

So...

"We're going to do more. And it'll be better. But we're not working with who we did in the past... and we're not going to tell you who we replaced them with."

So...

"We're going to do more. And it'll be better. But we're not working with who we did in the past... and we're not going to tell you who we replaced them with."

Sounds familiar haha

"I've got the best media team. The best. Amazing. They do things no other media teams can even think of. Other media teams see my media team and wonder how I got such a great media team. I don't have their name right now, but it'll be the best media team. They'll get angles you only thought were possible."

Paige Pierce is on Dynamic discs live . . . very intresting talk about her playing DGPT if Jomez is filming something else

Paige Pierce is on Dynamic discs live . . . very intresting talk about her playing DGPT if Jomez is filming something else

Can you paraphrase? Earlier she said she'd likely play Jomez-filmed events even if they conflicted with DGPT ones