• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGWT cancelled?

The guys at Ulti world said it best - if this is to raise more funds and attract other investors, taking one year off is not sending the best message to potential investors.

They probably just need to get their pitch dialed in...

prestige-worldwide-presentations-step-brothers.jpg

The guys at Ulti world said it best - if this is to raise more funds and attract other investors, taking one year off is not sending the best message to potential investors.

I like Steve, but horse pucky. They've had the last two years to use two of the premier events in the world to attract sponsors and get investors. Nada, unless you were Innova related. At the very least someone has shown they're an inept business manager.

Some sort of consolidation needs to happen. So many events, so many tours, all running consecutive. Different rules, different number of rounds, holes etc. I'm ok with some individuality, maybe one main tour with highest dollar payouts for McBeth, Wysocki, ect. Then a semi-pro style tour, like the PGA and Nationwide tour or whatever it is now. Competition could be better because players are battling much more on eachothers level. Not that they aren't great players, but if some of the outliers of the smaller a-tier tourneys get moved to larger events then lesser known players can shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will not happen yet because we are not getting the types of big sponsors that are not a disc golf company to the tournaments themselves. However PDGA should consolidate some of the different number of rounds and stuff for the big top tournaments The NT and PT tournaments that the pros with the time play and they should cut down on the amount of rounds to play Worlds even some of the older Young Master pros are feeling they are playing too many rounds for the tournament now compared to back in the 2000's.

This will not happen yet because we are not getting the types of big sponsors that are not a disc golf company to the tournaments themselves. However PDGA should consolidate some of the different number of rounds and stuff for the big top tournaments The NT and PT tournaments that the pros with the time play and they should cut down on the amount of rounds to play Worlds even some of the older Young Master pros are feeling they are playing too many rounds for the tournament now compared to back in the 2000's.

I'm not really sure what you are saying here. Casey, you seem to be engaged and I would really like to read your opinions, but your writing style makes it very difficult. I am a quick typer, and often type the way the words rattle around in my brain. I found it helpful to go back and reread/edit what I have written. Usually, I find I have omitted words and/or punctuation.

I'm not really sure what you are saying here. Casey, you seem to be engaged and I would really like to read your opinions, but your writing style makes it very difficult. I am a quick typer, and often type the way the words rattle around in my brain. I found it helpful to go back and reread/edit what I have written. Usually, I find I have omitted words and/or punctuation.

It seems that for now we are not finding a willing outside of disc golf Sponsor for the WT. That being said I am saying the PDGA should make the big NT & PT the tours the top full time touring Pros play, the Players with the time to practice play the course during the weekday the same as it pertains to rules like Rounds. Then even do the something for Worlds for pros as a portion of pros feel they have to play too many rounds especially those who had been around to play in the ones from the mid 2000's, most are now younger Masters division or an older Open Pro. It seems to me each year they make players at worlds do more and more rounds to the point now it is like a slog of disc golf with that many holes they have to play. In the mid 2000's you could fit the event into 3 or 4 days now the event seems to be 5 days of disc golf even 6 in one case, I know more are playing the event now but they do the number of rounds and it seems like a week of tournament play. I know they used to do Amateur worlds on same as Worlds courses for a bit in the 2000's with less rounds then the pros by one day, till the Toboggan course was set up to use one tournament a year in Michigan by Discraft.

Did this help?

It's a catch 22 really. Bottom line; Big sponsors won't take a product thats not ready.

It seems that for now we are not finding a willing outside of disc golf Sponsor for the WT. That being said I am saying the PDGA should make the big NT & PT the tours the top full time touring Pros play, the Players with the time to practice play the course during the weekday the same as it pertains to rules like Rounds. Then even do the something for Worlds for pros as a portion of pros feel they have to play too many rounds especially those who had been around to play in the ones from the mid 2000's, most are now younger Masters division or an older Open Pro. It seems to me each year they make players at worlds do more and more rounds to the point now it is like a slog of disc golf with that many holes they have to play. In the mid 2000's you could fit the event into 3 or 4 days now the event seems to be 5 days of disc golf even 6 in one case, I know more are playing the event now but they do the number of rounds and it seems like a week of tournament play. I know they used to do Amateur worlds on same as Worlds courses for a bit in the 2000's with less rounds then the pros by one day, till the Toboggan course was set up to use one tournament a year in Michigan by Discraft.

Did this help?

No, honestly....it did not really help clarify your point. But, I thought this year's Pro Worlds was only four rounds. Also, as someone who plays Am Worlds, I prefer the longer experience. Though, I am not sure how this applies to sponsorship.

It's a catch 22 really. Bottom line; Big sponsors won't take a product thats not ready.

Yep, none of the tours are ready yet...and I say that lovingly, not throwing shade. We're definitely running faster towards the goal each year though.

Since the discussion is on, how does one determine that a tour is ready? I will say that I disagree that they're not ready. But my measure may be different.

Recognition is part one, NT, PT, DGPT, what was DGWT... too many tours dilutes viewership, so what sponsors would find it smart to pick a tour to go with if turnout won't be to its full potential.

Attendance... can anyone truly make money off of attendance as it is. I'm happy to see that there is some interest, but until a decent portion of profits is from spectator attendance it'll be a hard sell to a larger company.

Consistent rules, one tournament sand traps are hazard, others OB, others free drop, 2 meter rule in Cali nowhere else, CALL FOOTFAULTS. Hard to follow if your not already in the loop. Bet it's hard to commentate when your constantly redefining rules for every tournament.

Latest posts