• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc bag alternative ideas?

The bag I for mention http://www.outdoorproducts.com/proddetail.aspx?sku=598U, I just bought it from walmart for 32 buck, it has a hydration bladder in it. This newer model holds the discs much better and i'm thinking it's going to work great for me, and likely last longer than the last one. It can hold 12 discs easy but i've cut back to 8.

Hi,

Do you think you could post a pic or 2 of how you arrange your discs int he bag plz? Thanks!

I use a Timberland backpack that I have had since 10th grade, and I graduated college in 2000, if that tells you how old I am. I have been looking at bags though, now that I am buying more discs.

have you never seen Friends? Get a Man Purse. I heard their in style.
To be serious, I seen it all. from trash bags to backpacks, to purses and dogs! yep I saw a dog wearing one of those carrying suits and the discs were in there. i think it was carrying only about 5 or 6 though.

After much searching I finally found what I was looking for at an Army Surplus
store. It's called the Fox Outdoor Shooter's Bag. It has a nice main compartment
for 10-12 discs, 2 putter pockets, and 6 small accessory pockets, all for 17 bucks!

Here's a picture:

Attachments

• fox_bag.jpg
    fox_bag.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 92
My friend carries his mom's old purse and it looks exactly like one of those nutsack bags. he gets compliments on it all the time.

store. It's called the Fox Outdoor Shooter's Bag. It has a nice main compartment
for 10-12 discs, 2 putter pockets, and 6 small accessory pockets, all for 17 bucks!

Here's a picture:

Does the bag come with the 1.75 of Captain Morgan?... actually that looks like it would work great. I am going to try to find one

Went with the Musset, a backpack style. http://www.foxoutdoor.com/detail.asp?bid=21&sctn=Bags+&+Packs

I'll post a pic when I get it better organized. Kind of threw it together before playing a round last night, and I'm not entirely happy with MY set up. For $12 I'm not complaining though. I can say that heavy military canvas, is no ones friend when you are playing in the heat.

You can always use a fly fishing net like a local here does... lol it looks pretty awesome if your into that look.

I saw a couple of guys using the waist aprons that the workers a Lowes wear to carry their discs. I thought it was pretty innovative. They only had three or four discs so it worked well.

Here are a couple of carts I have built. They both work well in rough terrain. Just came thru georgia made a stop at Claystone dgc in macon. Nice course if you are on a trip, 10 min off 475, stop and play 18.

Seriously Cowboy, those carts are great. I've been thinking about building a cart and more than likely will use yours for inspiration. Any wisdom you can impart to save me some trial and error?

I saw a couple of guys using the waist aprons that the workers at Lowe's wear to carry their discs. I thought it was pretty innovative. They only had three or four discs so it worked well.

That reminds me of a guy I had on one of my cards this weekend. He had a fishing fanny pack that looked like it was made for disc golf. It held three discs behind his back, had pockets for keys and a cell phone, and he threw with it on. I wish I'd taken a picture of it because it was perfect for those that travel light when on the course.

I use plastic bags from the supermarket, doubled up. Works fine.

same here wal-mart plastic baggies doubled. then I changed banks and the new bank gave me a mini cooler that is perfect width for discs and long enough for 10 plus a botter of water and a swet?sweat? towel. it has side pocket with zipper and is big enough to ice down 2 12 oz cans, and a net pocket thingy to put a note pad and pen and marker... just in case. It can get very heavy and after 1 round I usually go back to the wal-mart sack and 4 discs.:eek:

I recently found what I maybe can assume to be a lunch box (but not a box, plastic instead) for $1 at a 2nd hand store. I currently have 6 in it and it works well. It would fit 10 no problem. No shoulder strap, but nice carrying handles.
It is pretty light duty, but it works for me. Maybe something like it would work well for you.

Latest posts