• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf CALLED "LAME" BY....

You just can't make this up....

Retard#1 says:

"Just out of curiousity, what's it like"?

Retard#2 responds:

"Frizbee golf? Imagine all the AMZINGLY AWESOME fun of throwing a frizbee(yes frizbee, not frisbee), and do it 30 times in a row.....aiming at some dumb target the entire time".

Does anyone else see the irony here? What's amazing, is that at no point in time does the light bulb go on as this retard composes his message.

I am under 25 as well. I just think the bad grammar trend is more on the younger end of things. Not to generalize too much. I have respect for people who take the time to be coherent.

I get where you are coming from and would agree, playful jabs/sarcasm doesn't come off well in text :(

700 posts!!!

You just can't make this up....

Retard#1 says:

"Just out of curiousity, what's it like"?

Retard#2 responds:

"Frizbee golf? Imagine all the AMZINGLY AWESOME fun of throwing a frizbee(yes frizbee, not frisbee), and do it 30 times in a row.....aiming at some dumb target the entire time".

Does anyone else see the irony here? What's amazing, is that at no point in time does the light bulb go on as this retard composes his message.

Imagine all the AMAZINGLY AWESOME fun of shooting paintballz

and do it 3000 times in a row... aiming at some dumb people the entire time

You did notice this was from 2006 and the whole forum/post was full of idiots who spelled Frisbee Frizby?

Who cares what they say, they are just some idiots behind a computer screen with nothing better to do than bitch about how much better their sport is compared to a different one.

Not to mention paintballing costs a ****load, from the gun to balls to CO2 and to hopups. I'm set with a few 10-15 dollar discs and a bag. :)

hmmm... espn- disc golf vs. paintball. but only single shot musket style paintball guns. everyone standing in formation. a volley of epics pour down from the hills and block out the sun and all that, sending bodyparts and screams through the air, which is now humid with the blood of nay-sayers. Then we send in the rocs and buzzzes to finish off the rest and settle the dispute of which disc is better by head-count.

i like our chances. anyone who has been hit by both a paintball and a wraith from 100+ knows which is worse. give them fully or even semi-auto and its game over for us though. but it would still get pretty good ratings i'm thinking....

Last edited:
hmmm... espn- disc golf vs. paintball. but only single shot musket style paintball guns. everyone standing in formation. a volley of epics pour down from the hills and block out the sun and all that, sending bodyparts and screams through the air, which is now humid with the blood of nay-sayers. Only then will we know if the buzz or roc is "better" by which has the higher head-count for the day.

i like our chances. anyone who has been hit by both a paintball and a wraith from 100+ knows which is worse. give them fully or even semi-auto and its game over for us though. it would still get pretty good ratings i'm thinking....

rofl, I would not want to get into that fight.
we'd lose, not a question.

...unless we had an automatic disc launcher :D

rofl, I would not want to get into that fight.
we'd lose, not a question.

...unless we had an automatic disc launcher :D

um. We would get the same gear as them, as in massive padding. The paintballs would barely hurt. Now even through all that padding, a boss to the head is gonna knock you unconscious if not kill you.

Paintball is for hippies.

Oh wait, that is DG.

um. We would get the same gear as them, as in massive padding. The paintballs would barely hurt. Now even through all that padding, a boss to the head is gonna knock you unconscious if not kill you.

That's a good point. Yeah I've been paintballing. lol, not nearly as rough as football or basketball. I must say it hurts more than track did though, haha :)

That is phenomenal. I love the constant assertions that liberals are a threat to their sport.

That is phenomenal. I love the constant assertions that liberals are a threat to their sport.

Threat to the sport? I think the only threat to DG is the creek on #8.

That's a good point. Yeah I've been paintballing. lol, not nearly as rough as football or basketball. I must say it hurts more than track did though, haha :)

:)
I say paintball shirtless or don't paintball at all. I've known a few people to play that way. MASSIVE welts and they are sore for a week.

Not a darn thing is wrong with paintball. Its an entirely fun thing to go do. Its just not something that everyday Joe can go do every day which I think most paintball field operators know, which is why a great deal of the business in that sport is renting things out for parties and corporate retreats and whatnot. Even ball golf is considerably more affordable.

I know we've been focusing lately about not being able to get DG on television. I remember ESPN showing a paintball competition a couple of years back (fyi, it was paid programming). It demonstated the game pretty well, but a great deal of the action was watching the field from an aerial view and there being red and blue crosshair circle graphics on screen, either of which turned yellow when a player was hit. I mean, can you imagine how unwatchable that would be on a regular basis.

For all the differences, both games have something in common (besides fun). Neither is terribly well suited for showing on TV. We may actually have a slight advantage over PB in that department.

As someone who has played both paintball and disc golf, I can say there is one huge difference between the two: COST.

Sure you can spend a ton of money on DG buying discs/baskets/bags/etc.. but you don't HAVE to. You can buy one disc and still have fun.

In paintball you HAVE to buy paint and air. More than likely you will have to buy a gun at some point if you're actually serious about playing.

Really though it all comes down to fun, since they are both 'hobbies' for the average person. Personally I have more fun playing disc golf than I do playing paintball.