• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc to the Chest

You sir are only helping my point that you are being absolutely ridiculous. Where the hell did all this come from? **** up and star being mature an logical. I'm done fighting with you over the Internet as gonna go ace every hole I suppose... Or I guess I should quit according to your "logic".

You were ignoring the basic things that come with being on a course, be aware of things going on around you. Even on a normal golf course you could get hit with a stray ball from a hole behind or beside you. Some things comes with playing any sport or games, its part of it. That is why I went hardcore on you. And on another note, he most likely was stoned I know about half if not more are on the courses I play....and well that does not help your reflexes. All I am saying is calling someone a person a impatient prick (I know this was not you, but you kind of backed him up) is way off base. You see where I am coming from?

Your first sentence only helps my argument. The OP should have been aware of what was going on, (maybe the guy ahead of hi dropped his phone or something and went to go pick it up) and should not have thrown. Whether the guy was stoned or not does not making the OP's action justified. And it shouldn't matter if the guy's gf was laughing or nt, when you hit someone you don't laugh, you apalogize your ass off.

Yelling FORE does not remove all responsibility. A disc can move very quickly and often when people yell FORE you do not see the disc and moving the wrong way can just increase your chance of being hit. Laughing that the guy getting hit for being oblivious is ironic because you were the one who had a bad throw and hurt them.

As to not being the most liked player in the area...yea because i take other people into consideration during my games? Right im sure the guy laughing about hitting people is much more appreciated on the course...

I feel like something has been over looked in this thread. What was the OP doing throwing a max weight Sidewinder on hole #1 at Basset? It's a short hole... disc down a little maybe next time? Mids hurt less than the sharp edge of a driver if you're going to be nailing people. Now, if you're going to start aiming for the geese on that course then by all means, throw a driver.

:wall: I UNDERSTAND that you should not THROW on people on the same hole but this guy was on his way to the next/on it. At that point it simply becomes a accident and if the guy that got hit was PAYING ATTENTION it could of been avoided. Accidents happen! Its life move on! Or wait for everyone to get two holes spaced apart and see how that treats you.

I feel like something has been over looked in this thread. What was the OP doing throwing a max weight Sidewinder on hole #1 at Basset? It's a short hole... disc down a little maybe next time? Mids hurt less than the sharp edge of a driver if you're going to be nailing people. Now, if you're going to start aiming for the geese on that course then by all means, throw a driver.

Excellent point. Easy putter distance. Poor disc choice is another strike against OP. (maybe 220' hole)

what makes me mad is when someone throws and then yells "HEADS" so I duck my head that the disc comes zinging towards my knees or feet

lol, so we should body part oriented warnings? If I was walking down the fairway and heard, "Left a** cheek." I wouldn't try and cover I would do as requested and jiggle it in that individuals general direction and then go about my round.

Here's another point everyone is missing. Not only did it happen (big deal things happen) but he laughed at the guy (unexceptable), but he also came ONLINE to BRAG about it escentially.

:wall: I UNDERSTAND that you should not THROW on people on the same hole but this guy was on his way to the next/on it. At that point it simply becomes a accident and if the guy that got hit was PAYING ATTENTION it could of been avoided. Accidents happen! Its life move on! Or wait for everyone to get two holes spaced apart and see how that treats you.

Nothing against you man. Look what the op said though
"He was walking onto the fairway and I was right on target. He just walked a little too much into a space he shouldn't have been in....Also on that specific hole I would have had to wait for the people to get done with the hole (15min) and people were behind us.. As I said before some decided to skip the first 2 holes."

To me this means he had 2 options
1 Skip the dangerous hole or ask to play through not optimal but better.
2 Wait until the course is freaking clear. He said the guy was in the fairway OBVIOUSLY he was not off the hole yet then.

Here's another point everyone is missing. Not only did it happen (big deal things happen) but he laughed at the guy (unexceptable), but he also came ONLINE to BRAG about it escentially.

Thats the problem i had with it to. It seemed to be what made his day and that it should impress or humor people.

I haven't read it all, but lets see...

#1 - Tight course, obviously.
#2 - Bad throw
#3 - Late warning
#4 - Human contact with drive
#5 - Laughter?

I would be embarassed for myself. When someone yells FORE, that doesn't mean your disc magically appears for all to see. The damn thing is on edge. Its pretty hard to see fellas. I have been hit with a drive at 300 feet and it still hurt bad...left a yellow/purple bruise right below my nipple. Not cool. It is NOT funny.

I hate that argument. How are we supposed to play a round if we have to spend all our time looking for discs? I'm not trying to start anything but you can USUALLY tell if a throw is going to be bad when it leaves your hand and you should be yelling "fore" then to give ample notice. I know accidents happen and if I get hit and the offender doesn't laugh and apologizes, then we're all good. If he hits me and laughs about it before he even knows if I'm hurt or not, then we got problems.....just sayin. It doesn't bother me that he hit the guy because accidents happen, its the laughing about it part that causes problems.

I agree a golfer should wait and make sure all non golfers in the area of his/her throw are clear of the area so there is no possibility they would get hit by a drive.

In this case everyone playing the course, including the person who got hit, knows it's a tight course and should pay attention to other golfers on the course and realize there's a chance they might get hit.

In this case, with a small tight course, or a few holes that are close and tight, all golfers should be responsible for paying attention to their surroundings. All non golfers in the area should be the responsibility of the golfer throwing the disc.

It wasn't the guys fault he got hit in the chest, but he should have been paying closer attention and watching for the possibility of an errant throw coming his way.

And, if you hit someone don't laugh about it until the person who got hit laughs.

I'm sorry but its not always the throwers fault. If the guy who got hit played the hole and moved on, he (probably) should have been aware that someone was on the tee behind him and not walked back onto the previous hole without expecting a disc to be coming his way. More importantly, even if you dropped something/left a disc/whatever, wait for the next group to tee so you're not distracting and possibly screwing up someones throw.

I played behind a group of five last week that was constantly yelling "clear" when I could plainly see them 250ft in front of me still picking up discs from in/around the basket. Since I could see them I didn't throw. Then when I couldn't see the basket from the tee, they would say nothing when they moved on. Then one time on a blind hole I heard them yell clear, waited a few seconds, started my run up, then heard the chains on my target blowing up from multiple putters. These people werent even done throwing and they're telling me they're out of the way? Luckily I was able to stop my throw and avoided a problem. But I wouldn't have felt the least bit bad if I threw and nailed one of them. I would have laughed in their face and then yelled at them about etiquette (this group was also being obnoxiously loud, not letting small groups play through (even though they were moving terribly slow and making multiple attempts at shots), undoubtedly littering, and so on

I would be embarassed for myself[if I hit someone]. When someone yells FORE, that doesn't mean your disc magically appears for all to see. The damn thing is on edge. Its pretty hard to see fellas. I have been hit with a drive at 300 feet and it still hurt bad...left a yellow/purple bruise right below my nipple. Not cool. It is NOT funny.

If you look at the profiles of those who say they'd laugh, they're almost exclusively 18-23 yos. Don't expect most of those to have any respect for life, humanity, or sense of responsibility towards others. :mad:

If you throw on me and laugh about it, you'll never see that disc again.

If you look at the profiles of those who say they'd laugh, they're almost exclusively 18-23 yos. Don't expect most of those to have any respect for life, humanity, or sense of responsibility towards others. :mad:

It sucks when you're in that age group and are one of the (very)few that are mature and logical... At least I know that I'm not like them, I guess I'll just have to try even harder to make people realize I'm not your average early 20s moronic college student.

You sir could be on to something. I was in that age group not that many years ago and I realize when you're that age you're still immature. Heck even at 28 I'm still immature at times and will probably be that way when I'm 60 but you should still treat people with respect like you said.

People are out for the blood of OP, get the rope.

From the sound of it the guy walked back on the hole right at the time of disc release or just before, it sucks the guy walked into line of fire and got hit. Now if he was already on the hole and then OP threw, sure call him a prick.

People are out for the blood of OP, get the rope.

From the sound of it the guy walked back on the hole right at the time of disc release or just before, it sucks the guy walked into line of fire and got hit. Now if he was already on the hole and then OP threw, sure call him a prick.

People are against him not because he hit someone, but more so that he laughed. Getting hit/hitting someone with a disc happens, laughing at the person makes you a prick, and furthermore, going on the internet and bragging about it makes you an even bigger prick.

Latest posts