• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I got three lusters. One pink 168, one red 168, and one blue 172. The pink is noticeably less domey than the others and feels better in the hand as a result. It's also a little more cloudy, for lack of a better term, or less translucent. I haven't been able to throw them yet, but the pink one feels so good I almost want to pick up another before they're gone. Once I do some field work I can make a call on trading/selling the others.

Has anyone had a similar experience? It almost makes me wonder if different color plastics cool differently, but it could just be a fluke.

Just ordered a couple 168g pink lusters. I prefer flattish so I'll blame you if I don't like them.

I got to throw the pink luster finally. No real difference in flight compared to the red luster and regular C-line, but I definitely prefer the feel of the less domey pink one.

I got to throw the pink luster finally. No real difference in flight compared to the red luster and regular C-line, but I definitely prefer the feel of the less domey pink one.

Oh man, got home from work today and my twin pink lusters were waiting on me. This plastic is f'n sweet, moderately firm, grippy and pearly. Mild, evenly rising dome, feels great in the hand.

They need to run PDs in luster immediately.

I didn't end up getting one. How do they compare to Night Strikes?

I haven't had a ton of time with mine, but my pink stock stamp luster seems to fly a decent amount more understable than the standard c line I have. Not sure what run my c line is, but it's fairly recent, probably ordered it in the last year or so. I do love the luster plastic though. Excited to get some more throws in with the luster this weekend! Supposed to have some nice weather in KC. :)

Any FD throwers know what run the most recent was. I recieved a new red 168g FD that was embossed and trying to figure out which run this is/how many FD runs there have been? Also, what run are these lusters? Thanks!

Any FD throwers know what run the most recent was. I recieved a new red 168g FD that was embossed and trying to figure out which run this is/how many FD runs there have been? Also, what run are these lusters? Thanks!

I don't think I've seen any real record of the recent runs. We're over run 10 at this point but beyond that I couldn't tell you.

Other than the 2nd runs they are all pretty similar to each other. Apparently the 3rd run is somewhere between the 2nd runs and the rest but I hadn't heard of them until JT posted in the marketplace looking for them specifically.

The quick break down...on c lines at least...

I don't recall ever seeing first run stock stamps, just the Russian stamped ones and maybe a couple straggler custom stamps?

Second run stiff, flat, bubbles, beef.

Third and fourth runs had some dome, plastic had some flex. These runs are pretty much identical.

Fifth runs were a similar shape as runs 3 and 4 but stiffer plastic.

Sixth runs were flatter and more stable, obviously not second run overstable.

After that I believe c lines have all been embossed, couldn't tell you how many runs. They got domey again and for a while all I saw were max weight so I lost interest. I have enough throwers from the runs I like...

I have been throwing a 175g S. Great straight disc, although a fair amount of fade at the end. I recently bought a 171l in Luster, because I really like the Luster P1's that I putt with. The Luster FD is definitely more overstable than the S.

I have been throwing a 175g S. Great straight disc, although a fair amount of fade at the end. I recently bought a 171l in Luster, because I really like the Luster P1's that I putt with. The Luster FD is definitely more overstable than the S.

How old is your S line? I haven't thrown the newest run of max weight S lines, but in my experience the Luster is less stable than S line.

How old is your S line? I haven't thrown the newest run of max weight S lines, but in my experience the Luster is less stable than S line.

This is my finding as well. I have an embossed S line that's perfect and side by side with my Luster the Luster has a much lower PLH and is far more flippy then my S or my C. Also has a noticeably bigger dome.

This is my finding as well. I have an embossed S line that's perfect and side by side with my Luster the Luster has a much lower PLH and is far more flippy then my S or my C. Also has a noticeably bigger dome.

Yup. same here. The luster FD, PD and FD3 were all straighter than other plastics. However the MD3 was more overstable than regular MD3's. My glow MD4 and luster MD3 threw almost identical. The PD2 was also much more overstable when molded in lluster

Yup. same here. The luster FD, PD and FD3 were all straighter than other plastics. However the MD3 was more overstable than regular MD3's. My glow MD4 and luster MD3 threw almost identical. The PD2 was also much more overstable when molded in lluster
Seems to be an oddity as of late. In sure Luster will get beefy again..... One day.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

What does embossed mean with regard to disc stamps?

The name is pressed or melted into the bottom of the flight plate with some sort of machine or the mold itself...not sure how it works, rather than being written on the flight plate by a person.