• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - X

Thank you, Ryan. For checking in and addressing the P1x questions and concerns! And, whew! I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that these won't be the last Puddle Tops available!

Your reply did raise a couple of new questions though; you said "... top of the X-LINE...", did you mean the ONLY time the P1x will have a concave top will be when it's made in X-LINE? I ask because I wonder if there are plans to make something stiffer (KC/Yeti Pro stiffness), and would the P1x ever be made in something like that, and if it would have a concave top? Also, are there plans to release a production run of X-LINE P1x, or is it strictly a CFR/special run?

Thanks again for your time to answer these questions! Really appreciate it, Ryan!

At the moment we are only creating enough for the Discmania Store and for Tournament Customs. But, the X-LINE P1x has been preforming well and has been getting great reviews.

The concave top will most likely only be available on the X-LINE. We do plan on making some other plastics, but you'll have to wait and see what that is.

I wanted to add my appreciation for this thread. It's awesome to have two-way communication with a disc company on such a regular basis. Very good stuff, and thank for the time you put into it, Ryan.

Thank you for the kind words.

Thank you Ryan. This is a great mold, and knowing that you guys care about our opinions on here makes it all the better. At least now, I know there should be a supply of these beauties that doesn't end at the 1st run.

:)

How's this putter working for the rest of you? I got a chance to use this in some really high winds today. I was pretty satisfied with it's flight. Has anyone else put it through some tests?

Not sure if this has been said, but for a beaded putter it has really nice glide while maintaining its pro-level stability.

Outside of Challengers I can't name a beaded putter that has exceptional glide like the P1x.

The x-lines I have have more glide than the XT Aviar P&As I've been comparing them to. Which is a good thing for my putting style. I also love that the grip on these is unaffected by cold. At least down to 15 degrees anyway.
I've never picked up a putter and just instantly went, "Oh, yep, this is the one," until I got these concave x-lines. I could probably putt fine with most putters, but the combination of grip, shape, and glidey straight flight... absolutely sold.
Home run in my opinion.

The x-lines I have have more glide than the XT Aviar P&As I've been comparing them to. Which is a good thing for my putting style. I also love that the grip on these is unaffected by cold. At least down to 15 degrees anyway.
I've never picked up a putter and just instantly went, "Oh, yep, this is the one," until I got these concave x-lines. I could probably putt fine with most putters, but the combination of grip, shape, and glidey straight flight... absolutely sold.
Home run in my opinion.

As of right now I'd probably put these as my signature disc in the other thread. They do have a tendency to "spring" off the basket when they hit the chains high, but its a pretty rare occurrence. I've started to hit a higher percentage of putts at the circles edge, as well as putts outside the circle. Now I don't jump/step putt until outside of 50ft because I can (attempt to) put these on a line and let them lightly fade into the chains.

Anyone else grab the First Run xP1x from Supreme Flight? I just got mine in the mail and they have less of a puddle top than the Aussie Open ones. Still concave on top, but much less noticeable. Interested to see how they fly in comparison.

Anyone else grab the First Run xP1x from Supreme Flight? I just got mine in the mail and they have less of a puddle top than the Aussie Open ones. Still concave on top, but much less noticeable. Interested to see how they fly in comparison.

The ones SupremeFlight had were the D-Line were they not?

The X-line P1x has supplanted the Nova as my approach putter. Since I putt with a a Yeti, the P1x feels "right" in my hand. Pure straight flight! Really, any line you put it on, it sticks to it! If I give it some height, will give the slightest big of fade. And it's also feeling pretty great as an outside the circle/50ft range putter. Yeti like flight, but will hold the line longer before fading out! My only wish is that it was firmer, while still being concave.

Finally tossed the puddle top P1x today and the thing is an arrow. Thrown flat or with the slightest hyzer it goes straight out to the 250ft mark before settling down. If I give it some height it will start to slow and then finish left. Overall a very controllable putter for approaches and off the tee. I think I might take these out of the putter role and swap them into the Novas role while I start putting with my Supreme Flight First Run X-P1xs. Did anyone else get any of the Supreme Flight stamped X-lines?

I gotta say I am loving the x line for upshots and straight drives off the tee. The x line plastic is pretty much bullet proof (not literally, do not try at home) Feel very confident throwing this disc.

I have a light 167gr XT that I use for anny ups, otherwise this disc is pure putter goodness for me. I bought a few more so I have a stack of five, and my putting has actually crept up to the good range :)

Ok the Nova out of the bag last week and replaced it with my Aussie Open X-line for drives and approaches. It's a winner for me in that respect. Pretty much and arrow when throw flat, but I can throw it with a little height on a hyzer or anhyzer and get a nice shapable shot out of it. Put two Supreme Flight stamp X-lines in my putter slot and they're still as good as the Aussie Opens. Hit another 50ft putt today and a number of 25+. These were pretty much responsible for my only birdies of the round.

Looking for one putter to cover all short drives/approaches as well as putting. Does the p1x fit this? Can it handle some wind in driving/approaching or would you still need something to compliment it for that?

Thanks.

Little update as the p1x wears in (strictly drives and upshots). The x line wore in after a few solid contact with trees and has become a great turnover putter. Ace ran a 290' hole on Sunday with a big sky anny. I enjoy the flight and expect it to become even more US as time goes on.

Little update as the p1x wears in (strictly drives and upshots). The x line wore in after a few solid contact with trees and has become a great turnover putter. Ace ran a 290' hole on Sunday with a big sky anny. I enjoy the flight and expect it to become even more US as time goes on.

My P1x replaced my Nova duties. Definitely wearing faster than my Novas. Come to think of it, I don't think myself Novas ever "wore". But the P1x feels so much better in the hand. I'm still getting consistent straight flights with the slightest fade. One thing did happen... The puddle top lost some of it's puddle! It might be that it sits in with my Yeti and Scale in the Putter pocket of my Grip bag, but still. Hasn't had any affect on the flight, and only slightly on the grip. Interesting.

I have a D-line P1x, through PIF, heading my way. Kind of excited to experience the differences in the 2 lines out right now.

The X-line P1xs were money again today. Hit big putts all over the course, going a bogey free -7 for the round. I threw it off the tee four times and got two drop in birdies and a missed ace off the chains. with a disc like this to compliment my KC Aviar I'm pretty much all set. I don't know why my friend doesn't throw a putter off the tee when they can fly this good.

P1x vs Voodoo...are they similar? Anyone thrown both?

The bottom one is versus Voodoo
1503344_10205560182549044_3438383852695227526_n.jpg

It is a while that I have thrown the voodoo. Not too dissimilar from what I remember, as is with the profile as well.

Thanks, I thought they looked and sounded pretty similar. Might have to grab an X out for kicks to test.

Latest posts