• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discs hitting your bag.

I had an ironic version of this last night at a local weekly.

Trailing the leader by three strokes, with two to go, I park my long downhill shot. Leader throws past the basket and over a ledge. The other players and I stood on a cart path (o.b.) watching the guy try to recover. Tricky throw and his disc careens up the cart path. We dash out of the way, but his disc hits my bag and deflects in bounds for an easy putt for 3. Had my bag not been there, he would have ended up o.b. and had a very difficult putt for 4 (with the penalty.) Most likely would have taken a 5. Ugghhh, ended up losing by two strokes. Those are the breaks, I guess.

Everyone has said it, but they guy never asked you to move your bag so it is no different than if he hit a stump. On some courses he would be OB for landing on your fairway.

I threw a disc to my bag a little too hard one time. It hit the beer in my bottle holder and spewed the brew all over my bag and discs.

...I threw a disc to my bag....

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but did you hear about the 'practice stroke' penalty assessed at BG Ams this spring when one player retrieved another's disc from OB over a fence line & tossed it gently to him (more than 2 meters)? No one on the card wanted to assess the penalty, but the rule book said it was not optional, and the TD had to give him two strokes! :wall:

Latest posts